Fri 1st Jul: SL: Castleford Tigers v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/22 at 19:30

23 minutes ago, Ant said:

Nah, absolutely not good enough tonight from the Giants by a long way. All credit to Cas in defence 

You can take some comfort in the fact they will hammer us at magic.

3 minutes ago, Ant said:

Kenny being an Utter grub, he got away with it for 75 mins 

but it was all done in "the best possible taste"

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, Moose said:

Our lasses clothes prop has more life in it than Innes Senior, absolute garbage

you cant say that any more - the clothes prop is joint property to be used equally when u BOTH hang the washing out = ah flick it - say what yer like - get her some new pegs for her burfday while your at it

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, Ant said:

I hear what you’re saying, but I’ve been impressed with him this season although I accept he’s the villain every week to opposition fans.

Aside from that it’s made a nice change  watching a game that does not involve Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Wire or Hull! 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

That 1st Cas try should’ve gone upstairs but Cas looked impressive tonight 

Indeed they did. Out of character, though, so wonder if they have anything left in the tank for next weekend.

26 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

How do you get binned with 5 seconds to go in a game that you've won?

Hi reluctance to go, his slow time waste stroll off the pitch could (should?) have resulted in a card of a different colour. Cas did more reffing than the ref tonight. 😃😃😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desert Skipper said:

It’s not just me then, who thinks of ‘all done in the best possible taste’ every time they mention Edwards.

In that case, I'm sure you can relate to the image that comes into my head whenever they say great hands. 

• Haha 3

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

34 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

you cant say that any more - the clothes prop is joint property to be used equally when u BOTH hang the washing out = ah flick it - say what yer like - get her some new pegs for her burfday while your at it

you’re 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Cas by far the better team tonight and maybe the hudds players are guilty of believing that they are better than they actually are? Watching Toby King tonight, it's clear to see why Powell doesn't see him as worth a place in the Warrington team. He looked even worse for hudds than he has done for us!

• Like 1

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

1 hour ago, snapski said:

Watts will probably get a 1 game ban for watching with intent. 

Hope he doesn't put in an appeal!

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Not a good night for us, scoreline looked close at the end but it wasn't, probably our worst performance of the season?

We were schooled by a very good, very strong, very fast Cas side who got in our faces, they were very crafty at regaining possession and on a different night things could have been seen differently by different officials.

I think we got too far behind too early and had to change our usual tactics, it didn't work as we were chasing the game and thus making errors/wrong calls/missing tackles.

We were strangled in attack and Levi and Olly Russell were literally suffocated everytime they got the ball, Cas had 4 or 5 men in the tackle down the middle and just nullified us.

We actually started off really well and i thought we needed a score from that early pressure but it just never came, Cas saw it out and never looked back from the 1st albeit lucky try, but rule number 1 is play to the whistle regardless.

We missed Leutele out there as there were a few occasions where Innes got the ball out wide but had no options and no help at all, King didn't impress but to be fair he's come from a low confident environment and only been with the lads 3 days, i also thought we didn't utilise the height on that left side at all.

Ah well, we can't win them all and on nights like this you just gotta hold your hands up and admit you were beaten by a much better side, and we were!.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, JohnM said:

Indeed they did. Out of character, though, so wonder if they have anything left in the tank for next weekend.

Not to worry they are only playing Leeds.

• Haha 1

Agree with most of what Daz said, it was just one of those days where we were beaten fair and square by a better side, there was a couple of decisions I thought went against us, but we have to get on with it and still defend what comes after

Plenty positives for me as usual, the fact that we were pretty much awful for 70 minutes but still kept at it and ending up "only" losing by 8 points.

Cas were just quicker, stronger and cleverer on the night, our combinations didn't click, we were easily closed down and when we did create some space, Cas scrambled and tackled very well to snuff us out.

About Toby King, I agreed with Watto when he said he didn't get enough ball, we are usually good down that left edge hitting Leutele with quick, short balls, last night for some reason, we seemed to want to miss the centre out and throw long, looped passes to Senior who was left with loads to do and with the sliding defence able to group up and stop him easily.

Our halves, especially Pryce were pedestrian, Will tried to run it in too much for me, Russell didn't seem to trust King on his left edge and took too long to execute his plays.

Some of our fans were bemoaning the lack of effort, I think that's really unfair, Ken Davy and Watto both suspected we'd have a bit of a fall off/hangover from losing the cup final, hopefully that was it last night, the big test is how we react to that.

Well played to Castleford, a ddeserved win.

I bet Jon Wells has a got a very sore arm this morning too!

12 hours ago, Ant said:

Our fans were going mad at him for that and giving the ref some grief, but in total fairness, we loved him when he did that for us and we should have more about us not to get drawn in to it, Leroy should have just got on with it and ignored him.

14 hours ago, Desert Skipper said:

It’s not just me then, who thinks of ‘all done in the best possible taste’ every time they mention Edwards.

Cupid Stunt for me.

TBF that's more to do with Everett than Edwards.

Always liked Kenny Edwards as a player when he played for us even though he was a bit deranged... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wilsontown said:

How do you get binned with 5 seconds to go in a game that you've won?

For being Kenny Edwards, i also thought he was very lucky not to see red after too with his disrespect for the decision but that's Kenny for you, you wither love him when he's playing for you or hate him when he isn't.

Edited by daz39