Hypocrite

22 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Just a few days after signing a Warrington Academy product, he calls out Wire for signing one of Wigan's.

Wigan have been headhunting from other clubs for many, many years!

Village behaviour.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Jinking Jimmy said:

Who is the player signed by Wigan?

I remember joe mellor signing for Wigan after coming through wire academy, it happens at all clubs. 

2 minutes ago, Jinking Jimmy said:

The same Mike Cooper who has played over 230 games for Warrington? Not quite the same is it?

He's a Warrington Academy product signed by Wigan. Less than a week later Peet cries salty tears about us singing a Wigan academy product. There is absolutely no difference, the principle is the same.

• Haha 4

Well done to the interviewer for managing to transcribe his grunts.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Sounds a bit bitter in all this, does Peet, which is surprising as he has generally spoken quite well throughout the year and seems to remain calm. 

It seems Nicholson thinks he should be playing every week and Peet disagrees that he’s ready to do so, so Nicholson has jumped ship. 

4 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

He's a Warrington Academy product signed by Wigan. Less than a week later Peet cries salty tears about us singing a Wigan academy product. There is absolutely no difference, the principle is the same.

Your comparison is ridiculous. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

For peets sake

Why do I get the feeling you have been waiting some time to use that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

15 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

What makes him look even more daft is that Warrington's Academy beat Wigan just a few weeks ago.

But Wigan's academy has a much better track record, it seems, at producing Super League talent than Warrington's does. (Though this is from a viewpoint without names to back it up!)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

Your comparison is ridiculous. 

Agreed. Cooper is from Warrington whereas Nicholson is a Halifax lad.

• Confused 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Great, a Warrington born player in SL. Not too many of them knocking about.

So what's Peet on about then?

The thing is it's quite valid to have no sympathy for Peet or Wigan. As I said previously academy players get paid poorly and if they get a better offer elsewhere then so be it. Fair play to any young player who can get paid more elsewhere. 

There's really no need for the stupid comparisons to try and justify it.

Wigan have taken two players from London's academy in the past two years.

Edited by nadera78
  • Like 3

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Strikes me as out of character for Peet. Usually very calm and respectful, even when he has the right not to be, such as when Hardaker left Wigan in the lurch.

Still, I don't mind coaches saying what they think, as long as it doesn't cross the line. Makes things more interesting.

• Like 1