Wakey sign union winger

Good stuff, was worried for Wakey's season ticket sales when I saw they were losing Johnstone.

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Last year Wakey loaned Innes Senior, this year he's been very good for us, why on earth couldn't you take Louis for a bit?

From what I saw of Innes last year you can keep him, he may look OK for your lot but he was absolute garbage for us

Only big surprise for Wakefield fans is that it's taken so long to give him a go.  He's been doing well as a trialist in the successful reserves team this year whilst Lineham has been given chance after to chance to save face in Super League.  

Evans upgraded to 1st team for remainder of season whilst Lineham goes out on loan to Fev or joins his mate Chris Chester over at Leigh? 🙏

Everybody's happy.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Infact just having posted above and thought a bit more about it. Rather than trash Wakey for signing such a bloke you really ought to be trashing Wakey for signing the likes of Lineham. Because when his ilk are still earning S L contracts that is even more daming than signing someone like Evans. The fact that Lineham can earn a decent SL contract shows the game in an extremely poor light.

I can't endorse this enough. An unbelievable poor signing.

Surprised no one has mentioned the far more significant part of the article… he was offered a trial at Leeds. I guess that’s when Agar had them at their lowest point? 

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Has anyone actually seen the lad play?

Everyone's writing him off but can he do the business?

Francis Cummings seems to thinks so.

Just as an aside, but I reckon there are loads of RaRa wingers and centre's who would make good league players, but never show up in union because they hardly ever get a pass!

Then frustration and utter boredom sets in and their career starts to nose-dive.

A huge waste of potential talent (for us). 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

From what I saw of Innes last year you can keep him, he may look OK for your lot but he was absolute garbage for us

It wasn't about you though it was about his development for us which seems to have paid dividends so thanks for that.

4 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Everyone's writing him off but can he do the business?

Francis Cummings seems to thinks so.

Just as an aside, but I reckon there are loads of RaRa wingers and centre's who would make good league players, but never show up in union because they hardly ever get a pass!

Then frustration and utter boredom sets in and their career starts to nose-dive.

A huge waste of potential talent (for us). 

Luther Burrell likes this.

Edited by Desert Skipper
  • Confused 1

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

1 minute ago, johnh1 said:

He’s obviously seen Lineham standing out on the wing doing nowt, and thought that he can do that just as well.

Can he tug on a scrotum to the same standard though? If he can, and he works hard enough, he may even displace Makinson at Saints.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Can he tug on a scrotum to the same standard though? If he can, and he works hard enough, he may even displace Makinson at Saints.

now now... I went to public school and have far more tricks than that and I cant get a start for Saints.. I can only imagine Makinson has something on the management.. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Presume this is a real question so...

He's been playing along side our fringe players in the reserves all season and been one of the best in that group. Because of the success of the reserves this year there have been many Trinity supporters in attendance at these games and I doubt that there will be any who don't agree that it's time to give the lad a go in the 1st team.   I've only  attended two of the 6 fixtures btw. 

• Like 1

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

18 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

I am sure if Saints had loaned us tommy Mac we would have accepted. 

Saints Reserve winger Tom Nisbett would have been an option for Wakey instead of going for this Rah Rah pensioner. He's on loan at Leigh but since they signed Ferguson the lad hasn't had a look in so i'm sure Saints would have been more than happy to let him go to Wakey for the rest of the season.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 minute ago, Saint Toppy said:

Saints Reserve winger Tom Nisbett would have been an option for Wakey instead of going for this Rah Rah pensioner. He's on loan at Leigh but since they signed Ferguson the lad hasn't had a look in so i'm sure Saints would have been more than happy to let him go to Wakey for the rest of the season.

Nisbett is on a season loan with no recall at Leigh, he's not in the 1st 17 but has been getting some game time including last week against Sheffield. He even played a one or 2 at second row when Wardle was injured and looked ok so it wouldn't surprise me if he joined on a permanent when his contract expires as squad cover for next year.

17 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Evans upgraded to 1st team for remainder of season whilst Lineham goes out on loan to Fev or joins his mate Chris Chester over at Leigh? 🙏

Everybody's happy.

Nah we're good with Blake Ferguson, Krisnan Inu and Josh Charnley thanks...feel free to send him Fev's way though!

• Haha 1

He trained and travelled with Wales to France for their recent mid-season international.

I dealt with Kyle’s paperwork in the build up, he seemed a good fella who’s willing to work hard for his opportunities.

You can’t knock the lad. His age he cannot change, his past I hope he has learned from. Coming off the back of a hat-trick fof Trin’s reserves I wish him the very best. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

He trained and travelled with Wales to France for their recent mid-season international.

I dealt with Kyle’s paperwork in the build up, he seemed a good fella who’s willing to work hard for his opportunities.

You can’t knock the lad. His age he cannot change, his past I hope he has learned from. Coming off the back of a hat-trick fof Trin’s reserves I wish him the very best. 

Two consecutive game hat-tricks actually.

• Like 2

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

20 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Perhaps if he has any sort of success playing our game it might inspire some other Welsh union players to give Rugby League a go if they feel ostracized by their clubs or the union game. Just saying

Not necessarily for that reason you’ve given but a former WRU-pro (Jason Tovey) has been playing in the South Wales community league for Aber Valley this summer - has garnered some attention and good publicity. 

He’s tweeted a few times at how physically demanding he’s found it. He’s enjoying it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

There's nothing remotely Rah Rah about South Wales rugby.

This lad would be a fantastic signing for Superleague:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/new-welsh-rugby-monster-already-24351508

A few in the current Wales u’20 squad alongside this lad, were in fact signed by Super League clubs. Joe Hawkins, his centre partner and captain was on Hull FCs books. As was Iestyn Hopkins (played at half back in Wales u’16 win over England in 2017). Bryn Bradley was also at London Broncos as well as representing Wales u’16. Id expect a few of next years squad to also have been with super league clubs and/or played for Wales at u16 level. Big shame that these lads werent able to be kept in rugby league. Although, understood that there are plenty of factors behind this.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Nisbett is on a season loan with no recall at Leigh, he's not in the 1st 17 but has been getting some game time including last week against Sheffield. He even played a one or 2 at second row when Wardle was injured and looked ok so it wouldn't surprise me if he joined on a permanent when his contract expires as squad cover for next year.

Nisbett I don't think is OOC so depends on whether Saints want to sell him or not

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions