latics

tandle

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/139/main-news/146763/purchase-of-latics-and-boundary-park-agreed

Any guesses as to who the "longstanding successful local business" might be? I wonder how it will affect the chances of Roughyeds playing there at some point in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Even if we ended up playing at Boundary Park why would more fans turn when we're not doing that well at the moment. Plus renting latics ground would probably be more expensive than White Bank.

Putting down roots, for one, not having to move out of town when, yes that's right when, we get promoted. Long term vision,  no point getting promoted till we can maintain it. I for one am sick and tired of the the yoh yoh up and down, white bank then stalybridge existence.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Putting down roots, for one, not having to move out of town when, yes that's right when, we get promoted. Long term vision,  no point getting promoted till we can maintain it. I for one am sick and tired of the the yoh yoh up and down, white bank then stalybridge existence.

I know,it's getting quite irksome isn't it.

10 hours ago, WellWisher said:

According to the Chron website today, there's a "strong rumour" that Frank Rothwell is involved.

Would be good if he bought the RL club too and nourished them both. 

There can't be many (or any?) other people who would take the rugby club from Hamilton's clutches, so this might be a pivotal moment in regard to the future of ORLFC. Hamilton surely would hand it over without a seconds thought...wouldn't he?

Edited by Pigeon Lofter
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Would be good if he bought the RL club too and nourished them both. 

There can't be many (or any?) other people who would take the rugby club from Hamilton's clutches, so this might be a pivotal moment in regard to the future of ORLFC. Hamilton surely would hand it over without a seconds thought...wouldn't he?

I would've thought anyone who did but the club would be buying a chunk of debt. The club has little or no assets. But you never know. Unfortunately down the years our chairman has burnt quite a few bridge's with the isolationism he had. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I would've thought anyone who did but the club would be buying a chunk of debt. The club has little or no assets. But you never know. Unfortunately down the years our chairman has burnt quite a few bridge's with the isolationism he had. 

Having said that though, that's exactly what they're buying with athletic. The only asset they're buying is the ground. But they need the football club in order to get a return on that asset. Now should they want to improve that return what better way than have the ground used all year round.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

A couple of questions about this topic.

I must be a little naive, but who is Frank Rothwell?

and I thought the Latics didn't own any of the stands?

He's a businessman , I think he rowed round Britain for charity.  At the moment there are three separate businesses involved with the latics: the football club itself, the owners of the pitch and three stands and finally the owners of the new Joe royle stand. It appears that a deal has been struck to purchase the club and the pitch and three stands. Bringing two of the three under one owner. 

6 hours ago, tandle said:

if it is frank rothwell he could move saddleworth rangers to boundary park

and then apply to the rfl to join champ.1 how is that for a idea.

Would get rid of the Hamilton regime once and for all though. He's single-handedly brought the club to its knees. The Oldham fans would just change allegiance to the new club and Hamilton would disappear into the sunset. 😀

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Would get rid of the Hamilton regime once and for all though. He's single-handedly brought the club to its knees. The Oldham fans would just change allegiance to the new club and Hamilton would disappear into the sunset. 😀

just think of all the oldham born players who made it in life.

and some local business men.

we could have a board of rugby nolage and finance and a reserve side at greenfield.

a ready made set up in oldham.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tandle said:

wrong spelling NOSTALGIA  so you donut and mr come up with some ideas how to save this club your all talk and wind. 

Nolage (nostalgia) blimey , which school did you go to tandle? I actually thought you were trying to spell knowledge 🙂

57 minutes ago, tandle said:

wrong spelling NOSTALGIA  so you donut and mr come up with some ideas how to save this club your all talk and wind. 

Chill out mate,I was just kidding. Relax in this lovely weather we're having. None of us can save the club as it's not for sale.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...