latics

tandle

12 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Wonder if this is true or rumour?

"Expecting Tuesday to be the day of the announcement. Brassbank purchase is running a little behind. #Oafc will have control of it. rugby to come back for the 2023 season with a new pitch being paid for"

Really hope it's true, as it's the only way forward.

So, fingers crossed.🤞

15 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Wonder if this is true or rumour?

"Expecting Tuesday to be the day of the announcement. Brassbank purchase is running a little behind. #Oafc will have control of it. rugby to come back for the 2023 season with a new pitch being paid for"

They might be playing at Boundary Park next season. But if the results aren't a marked improvement on this season then who's going to be watching them? Unless someone with some money comes in which I think is highly unlikely.

TBH we are going to play better at some point. It's a given. We've done so in the past and we will again. No point getting promoted and moving out of town.  It's about taking it back to basics: step one- a base a home and training ground. Step two promote the brand, the history that is Oldham Football Club. Step three recruit . Step four win, get promoted. Step five maintain that promotion and become a a bona fide championship club, with all that entails. 

Spending this season is irrelevant, it's next season when steps one to three are in place.  Again I say this season is a dead rubber. 

• Like 8

Just been reading the hornets site and the RFL website about the Fiji game. Should we return to BP I hope we have an air tight deal and that we don't get to the state we've been in the past or where hornets find themselves now! But mostly I pray that we have two boards that get on and appreciate the needs and wants of each other and the fans and people of Oldham 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, LittleboroRoughyed said:

If you read the Rochdale FC website it paints a very different picture than Hornets suggests & contains lots of details regarding the Hornets lease 

Just read it. Seems like a communication problem and an assumption on hornets part that dale would just allow the prestigious game without an agreement no matter what. The bit that I find interesting is the rent of £15,000 per annum, including stewarding and VAT. That will give us an idea of the type of rent were looking at. Or will it?

1 hour ago, tandle said:

just announced in to nights chron. the new owner of boundary prak and the latics.

is frank rothwell and family

I hope they can buy all of the ground too.  Needs to be all owned by the club.  Its great news.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

5 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I hope they can buy all of the ground too.  Needs to be all owned by the club.  Its great news.  

MR. ROTHWELL HAS BOUGHT EVERYTHING ALL THE GROUND AND THE SURROUNDING LAND.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, tandle said:

MR. ROTHWELL HAS BOUGHT EVERYTHING ALL THE GROUND AND THE SURROUNDING LAND.

Well that's the game changer part of the equation!  Get it all back together.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Next they need to move the home fans back to the Chaddy end 😃

16 minutes ago, AmigoTopping said:

Well that is one of the Oldham clubs future secured, lets hope we won't be too far behind

AND THE BEST THING  IMO IS THAT ITS FAMILY OWNED COULD CREATE A DYNASTY.

ANYWAY IF ANYBODY  WOULD  LIKE TO KNOW OLDHAM RLFC  1997 LTD .

ACCOUNTS 2021 ARE DUE TO BE SUBMITTED TO COMPANIES HOUSE ON THE 31ST OF THIS MONTH. 

3 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Next they need to move the home fans back to the Chaddy end 😃

The last time I was in the Chaddy End was around 1976, that was the home end were all the wrong 'uns used to gather. Did something change over the years? I remember the Broadway Stand was demolished to make way for the Ford Stand and that the Rochdale Road end was an open terrace for away supporters...I think I might have missed out on some refurbishment over the years. 😀

6 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

The last time I was in the Chaddy End was around 1976, that was the home end were all the wrong 'uns used to gather. Did something change over the years? I remember the Broadway Stand was demolished to make way for the Ford Stand and that the Rochdale Road end was an open terrace for away supporters...I think I might have missed out on some refurbishment over the years. 😀

They swapped ends so the Rochdale Road end is now the home stand.  I think they did it a couple of seasons ago.  I haven't been in a decade or more but it confused me when on TV and the wrong end jumped up celebrating a goal.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AmigoTopping said:

Well that is one of the Oldham clubs future secured, lets hope we won't be too far behind

I'd be very surprised if that happened. It'd be great and I think fans would return if he did. But I don't think our chairman will sell. 

4 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

I'd be very surprised if that happened. It'd be great and I think fans would return if he did. But I don't think our chairman will sell. 

The days of CH being in complete control are coming to a end. I am sure he will be trying to sell his vision of what the club's future could be like to Latics new owners.

2 hours ago, AmigoTopping said:

The days of CH being in complete control are coming to a end. I am sure he will be trying to sell his vision of what the club's future could be like to Latics new owners.

I'm quite sure his vision of what the club's future could be is the same as you and me. Wembley, top of the table, all the trophies paraded in the front of our home ground. He's tried his best with little investment. Remember when we nearly got back in the top flight with fordy at the helm? That was the sh!t or bust season. Now let's look to the future. For both teams. Come on Oldham , come on Oldham!!!

• Like 3