Should the Grand Final move to the Ethiad

7 minutes ago, yipyee said:

With Old Trafford being large and expanding further should the more modern, better situated and more easily accessible Ethiad be used for future grand finals. It also has a better fan park opportunity?

No. Old Trafford is known all over the sports world as the Theatre of Dreams. We need to keep it there.

Edited by The Future is League
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

No. Old Trafford is known all over the sports world as the Stadium of Dreams. We need to keep it there.

Theatre of dreams to be pedantic (so maybe not that well known 😉)

It would still be manchester though

No. Since the first two Grand Finals we have only had one crowd that would have fitted in the Etihad, involving Catalans. Its crazy to want to lose a good 10-15k from most of our Grand Finals.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Didn't we do this a month back ? 

Are you new?

We are due 'what should we change the name of the sport to?' and 'bring back the Roses match'. Any minute now.

• Haha 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Defo no!

We all know the GF should be played at the A J Bell Stadium, once Sale Rufc have been 'kicked out on the full' ...........see what I did there?

And a mysterious benefactor,or Salford City Council buy the ground.     

Well, l one can live in 'Hope', as I did most of my teenage life.

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

Potentially on a short term basis when OT gets an upgrade but never on a full time basis. The Etihad isn't big enough if we have ambition and aren't looking to downsize the final. Old Trafford has history, not only in football but now in Rugby League and is the home of a proper football club (even if they're currently rubbish) and sporting institution. I've been to both plenty of times and there is just no soul to the Etihad. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, meast said:

I'm still amazed at how many people still fail to spell Etihad correctly!

Actually with the modern day standards I'm not really that surprised.

Modern day needs to be hyphenated.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 hours ago, meast said:

I'm still amazed at how many people still fail to spell Etihad correctly!

Actually with the modern day standards I'm not really that surprised.

Yeah everyone knows it’s the Emptihad.