Widnes vikings

Town blue white

We need to get back to the level of defence we showed against London and stop giving away easy yards and we may have a chance.

I have not posted for a while as too much negativity being spouted which does nothing for the players who read this forum or us dedicated fans who are suffering at the moment.

The lads are crossing that line week in week out in a very tough league which we all knew was going to be a difficult season and while some may not be up to this standard lets not forget they are putting their bodies on the line for us and I applaud each and every one of them for that.

Lets give them all the backing we can and as they say it is not over until the fat lady sings and whatever happens come the end of the season I will be getting another season ticket and supporting the team I love,

• Like 8

Was seriously wondering whether to go this week especially as early bird prices have gone back up again (Not sure this is the time to be doing that?) but the prospect of 4 additional class players, return of Malik Steele, and  a reportedly fired up Riley has reignited my interest and maybe even some hope. Oh yes and of course Teare at centre  🙂

Edited by DocH
  • Like 2

As can be seen from the loan signings, the club have been trying hard to bulk up the squad.

It can't be cheap to get players from France and cover the accommodation costs.

Glad my 1945 subs are being spent well and as we have now got got more bulk to help Glen Riley and our other smaller but had working props. Also some more pace on the edges

I hope the fans keep turning up to support the club and all the events being organised. It's only people through the gates and the fine work of the supporters clubs that can fund these costs. Once these loans have run  thay are often extended as players love the Derwnt Park experience. Stevie may also be able to make a phased return and give us his usual boost

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, donald said:

Youse should win tomorrow widnes seem good on their 4g pitch as we both know but seem very average on grass pitches comfortable win I reckon

Thanks for the kind words, and I certainly hope you're right but have you seen Town play this season?? 🤣 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, donald said:

Youse should win tomorrow widnes seem good on their 4g pitch as we both know but seem very average on grass pitches comfortable win I reckon

We’re very average on grass and absolute rubbish on 4g pitches 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bobg said:

Can’t make the match today, first home game missed since god knows when. However up the Town. 🔵⚪️ It’s going to be a long afternoon not being there.

Better than a long afternoon being there!

• Haha 1

Oh dear, oh dear, Town 0 - Widnes 26 at HT how much more of this do we need!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Devoid of ideas in attack, poor in defence, don’t learn from our errors, and some seem to give up yet again. Game over as far as this season is concerned. How many times did Widnes do the same move and score from it, run across out defensive line, without getting a finger laid on them, little side kick in behind, 4 points under the sticks, 

Edited by wonky

the futures bright,the futures blue and white