Widnes vikings

Town blue white

6 minutes ago, Andrew Newton said:

Aye.. 

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

Im in two minds if I put myself through the Leigh game - could be our worst result in a long time next week...... then again if we get an early try and defend well it could be one of our best..

Up the Town- see you next week!

Don't youj just love the clinging hope of our fans. Got a feeling we'll pump them next Sunday as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Well from what I heard we aren’t going to see them in a Town shirt. Brought them over on a month’s loan but the people who are now running the club didn’t realise they needed a work permit now we have left the EU. So the club didn’t apply for them and they can’t play without them. By the time they get them now their loan period will be just about up. Absolute shambles.

I'm sorry but if this is true then it is shockingly amateur, it has been the case for a few seasons now. 

2 minutes ago, silverfox said:

Before you slag people off who run the club . Get the facts right  before you blame people .. This was not the Towns fault that they didn't get there passports stamped . 

Haven and Barrow managed to bring players over from Catalans without any problems, it’s only us that hasn’t. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

8 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

I'm sorry but if this is true then it is shockingly amateur, it has been the case for a few seasons now. 

Sad individuall who knows #### all about our club. Just enjoy your own teams success without having a dig at us. Pathetic.

• Like 1

Really didn't expect much this season but what is being served up is dreadful. I'm finding it harder and harder to get motivated to go on a Sunday these days, I have never been as  disheartened and that's Thormans doing, in the past would we of hung onto a coach as long as this after such a run of losses ??? And to top it off if what was being said in the ground about the new French lads is quite frankly embarrassing.

I've waited on purpose before adding my piece.....after the Barrow debacle I got home dived onto the keyboard and said some maybe strong anti Town stuff...so today I've had a cuppa and butty (yes a jam one) and I'm gonna enjoy whatever my head allows me to write.  Having said that I might get a response from a snappy chap who calls us fellow forum friends "keyboard warriors".....wow the cheek - tell you what mate I've been a Townie for 60+ years - never been involved in any form of sponsorship, or other stuff, with our main rivals Whitehaven. 100% loyal to Town and never will divert from that (even after this seasons team efforts) so don't wave your finger and call me a KW....I'm more committed to Workington Town RLFC then you'll ever be marra. 

And during those so many decades I have seen some poor Town squads struggle as best they could. So many coaches have fallen by the wayside via poor results, it's a poisoned chalice - but despite this seasons dross, I have seen worse, honestly.

I had a feeling prior to this Widnes game that we would sneak a win.  My hopes were diluted prior to kick off on hearing Caine Barnes was in Croatia (on holiday?) and the new French recruits had failed to have visas correctly stamped - the Catalans club accept responsibility for this problem and have (possibly) suggested other players could be made available through proper channels (pardon pun).....no matter it's now too late to aid Town's relegation struggle.

Like some have said today turned into quite a boring episode of Worky 2022. The Widnes outfit were slicker and faster, we hadn't a flippin' clue how to break down their defence.

I've said enough......for now........I'll keep paying my admission fee..BTW well done Haven today, up the "keyboard warriors", and UTT.

Edited by chromedome
  • Like 12

No doubt CT has bought time and patience with what he managed to achieve last season. However, for an attack minded former half back, its inexcusable how awful we are at getting points on the board. In most games we get decent territory and serve up utter dross everytime. Said it all when alot in popular side were calling for us to take the 2 points when it was 26-0

Doran hasn't been the same player since Barrow away in mid May. In all honesty I think only Cus, Fitzy and Caine can put hand on heart and say they couldn't have done anymore. I noticed at one point in the 2nd half only Jake Bibby was trying to motivate the other lads

5 minutes ago, chromedome said:

I've waited on purpose before adding my piece.....after the Barrow debacle I got home dived onto the keyboard and said some maybe strong anti Town stuff...so today I've had a cuppa and butty (yes a jam one) and I'm gonna enjoy whatever my head allows me to write.  Having said that I might get a response from a snappy chap who calls us fellow forum friends "keyboard warriors".....wow the cheek - tell you what mate I've been a Townie for 60+ years - never been involved in any form of sponsorship, or other stuff, with our main rivals Whitehaven. 100% loyal to Town and never will divert from that (even after this seasons team efforts) so don't wave your finger and call me a KW....I'm more committed to Workington Town RLFC then you'll ever be marra. 

And during those so many decades I have seen some poor Town squads struggle as best they could. So many coaches have fallen by the wayside via poor results, it's a poisoned chalice - but despite this seasons dross, I have seen worse, honestly.

I had a feeling prior to this Widnes game that we would sneak a win.  My hopes were diluted prior to kick off on hearing Cain Barnes was in Croatia (on holiday?) and the new French recruits had failed to have visas correctly stamped - the Catalans club accept responsibility for this problem and have (possibly) suggested other players could be made available through proper channels (pardon pun).....no matter it's now too late to aid Town's relegation struggle.

Like some have said today turned into quite a boring episode of Worky 2022. The Widnes outfit were slicker and faster, we hadn't a flippin' clue how to break down their defence.

I've said enough......for now........I'll keep paying my admission fee..BTW well done Haven today, up the "keyboard warriors", and UTT.

I mean even in the bad old days we seen a try 😪

• Like 3

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

Apparently Thorman said on the radio afterwards that some of the team had played their last game for the club today cos he isn’t going to pick them anymore. All well and good but who is he going to replace them with ?

It's a pity he hadn't said that a month ago, 

Love town over the oast 20 year's but this is poor, im my opinion thorman is so stubborn we need size and mobile forwards, my opinion is he should resign but wont and probably town cant afford to pay is contract up which he is probably waiting for, il still support hone and away, but its hard to take how bad we are, never look like scoring. Clueless

Once again a game of half backs, theirs killed us (mainly smith) ours were miles off the pace and too slow. No idea why we didn't play walker now his ban is up, was gutting to see him at the game but watching with his mates. Shame caine was away and no idea where steele was, we could have done with our seaton rangers contingent 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

Love town over the oast 20 year's but this is poor, im my opinion thorman is so stubborn we need size and mobile forwards, my opinion is he should resign but wont and probably town cant afford to pay is contract up which he is probably waiting for, il still support hone and away, but its hard to take how bad we are, never look like scoring. Clueless

Town and not WE can't afford to pay his contact 🤔🤔🤔

Edited by tbgfc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Once again a game of half backs, theirs killed us (mainly smith) ours were miles off the pace and too slow. No idea why we didn't play walker now his ban is up, was gutting to see him at the game but watching with his mates. Shame caine was away and no idea where steele was, we could have done with our seaton rangers contingent 

Forber and doran aint good enough f championship, both 100% lads but League 1 players, its beyond ne how alex young ever starts f town, not good enough f brow 

Listened to this rubbish today and was only made worse by who I believe to be one of the people running a rugby league Facebook page shouting and screaming like a mad man. Thorman would be sacked by any other club, but knows he’s safe as doing so would cost the club a fortune. I’m glad I don’t get to any games as I feel for the guys who pay there hard earned money especially when things are tight 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

Forber and doran aint good enough f championship, both 100% lads but League 1 players, its beyond ne how alex young ever starts f town, not good enough f brow 

He would struggle to get in any team at the Brow, including the youth teams, 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Smith was excellent but 2 of those tries they scored off his grubber kicks were a mile offside. I'm sure the last one, their player was standing under the sticks before he kicked it. No TV review so nothing to lose so relying on a useless TJ to wipe it off which was never gonna happen.

• Like 1