Widnes vikings

Town blue white

15 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Wondered when Alex's would get a mention 🤔

Rodders wasn't there today so just picks the easy target. I thought Alex was one of our better players today, unlike some the lad has a go and if anything we don't play to his strengths. Like every player he has made mistakes on the pitch but he gets vilified where some of the others don't get a mention. There are a couple of players who played today and every week just go through the motions imo, one today stood behind their markers twice in the first half instead of getting back on side when we had the ball. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Rodders wasn't there today so just picks the easy target. I thought Alex was one of our better players today, unlike some the lad has a go and if anything we don't play to his strengths. Like every player he has made mistakes on the pitch but he gets vilified where some of the others don't get a mention. There are a couple of players who played today and every week just go through the motions imo, one today stood behind their markers twice in the first half instead of getting back on side when we had the ball. 

Played half decent today, my point is he definitely isnt championship level, but i agree 12 others aint championship level aswl

2 hours ago, town4me said:

You can take a defeat on the chin if there's some effort and fight. I'll stick it out for the remaining home games  but I understand why some are saying they've had enough

I agree - I heard today that the move across the road to that ####hole as been passed - i will continue to turn up until then - unless they surprise me and come up with something better than what we have now. But doubt it.

1 minute ago, Rodders2010 said:

I was there today like every home gam and majority of away games🖕

Sorry I'm not buying it marra. I've never heard you say a single positive thing, you only post when there's something to stir up. And 2010 happens to be the latest year Haven was re-invented.

• Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Anyone thinking haven might get dragged into the relegation battle (me) can thinki again, amazing result at Batley who put 66 on us without reply. Looking like us and Dewsbury, not gonna give up on the team I've followed for nearly 60yrs but it's becoming the same old feeling waking up on a Sunday morning and thinking, oh #### another Town game. 🙈

"another bloody sunday"

3 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Sorry I'm not buying it marra. I've never heard you say a single positive thing, you only post when there's something to stir up. And 2010 happens to be the latest year Haven was re-invented.

Id love to say something positive but cant say anything but negative, i wouldn't mind getting beat week out if we changed tactics or had a different mindset, as today we looked interested until we let the first try in then heads down another defeat, mentally and physically we aint good enough, Cornwall weekend away next season unfortunately 🌞🍺

56 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

Couldn't go today luckily 

But I've thought for a few weeks now that it's time to accept our fate. 

Stop wasting money on 2 weekloans and players that a blind man could see arny good enough just for the sake of it 

Either save the money till next year or start signing good quality 1st division players who can stay with us in the coming 1st division campaign

And for gods sake look for a quality half back!!!!!!! 

Sorry to say I've lost faith in CT now

I think you said"And for gods sake look for a quality half back!!!!!, I would be very happy with two. Smith ran us all over the park, old but still got it in him, Doran and forber were static and can only run across the pitch. Absolutely embarrassing full stop. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

I agree - I heard today that the move across the road to that ####hole as been passed - i will continue to turn up until then - unless they surprise me and come up with something better than what we have now. But doubt it.

I was all for staying at DP but TBH I now think the only way to maybe get investment/sponsorship into the  club to try and build something  capable of competing in this league may only be achieved by moving across the road. IMO it needs a longer term plan to  be able to move upto this level and compete. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, town4me said:

I was all for staying at DP but TBH I now think the only way to maybe get investment/sponsorship into the  club to try and build something  capable of competing in this league may only be achieved by moving across the road. IMO it needs a longer term plan to  be able to move upto this level and compete. 

replacement of one torn down stand at BP and the loss of all the " space available at DP

Town sold down the river to save reds who have a ~~~~ ground and a lease that finishes in a few year?

Will save reds - will be the end of Town.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Derwent said:

Apparently Thorman said on the radio afterwards that some of the team had played their last game for the club today cos he isn’t going to pick them anymore. All well and good but who is he going to replace them with ?

He said that a few weeks ago as well

7 minutes ago, town4me said:

Ask Oldham fans if moving was good

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

replacement of one torn down stand at BP and the loss of all the " space available at DP

Town sold down the river to save reds who have a ~~~~ ground and a lease that finishes in a few year?

you are like a broken record mate, very much doubt either club will survive without a New facility.  

it very much sounds to me you have zero faith in the Town board to deliver something fit for the club, why don't you volunteer and help the deliver something in your image. 

I'm sure the youngsters and community teams will love a new ground to use week in week out and dinosaurs like your self (from both clubs) will be forgotten about in time. 

Edited by rockerlad
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Im in two minds if I put myself through the Leigh game - could be our worst result in a long time next week...... then again if we get an early try and defend well it could be one of our best..

Up the Town- see you next week!

A try ? What is one of them?. I think they will put 80 on us unfortunately 😕 

2 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

you are like a broken record mate, very much doubt either club will survive without a New facility.  

it very much sounds to me you have zero faith in the Town board to deliver something fit for the club, why don't you volunteer and help the deliver something in your image. 

I'm sure the youngsters and community teams will love a new ground to use week in week out and dinosaurs like your self (from both clubs) will be forgotten about in time. 

Would you be saying the same if they were moving to DP?

8 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

I hear what you're saying but let's see the official plans first. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Would you be saying the same if they were moving to DP?

if it was a new ground that would benefit both clubs then I'd be all for it. we haven't even seen the plans yet. so let's see the plans before you sign any clubs death warrant. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Just listened to Chris , who seems to have just found out our squad isnt good enough 

Better late than never 😂

• Haha 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

2 hours ago, Big Yin said:

Listened to this rubbish today and was only made worse by who I believe to be one of the people running a rugby league Facebook page shouting and screaming like a mad man. Thorman would be sacked by any other club, but knows he’s safe as doing so would cost the club a fortune. I’m glad I don’t get to any games as I feel for the guys who pay there hard earned money especially when things are tight 

Any games.....at all?