Are you sure England is better then Samoa?

I think most people believe that England are going to top group A, but I believe Samoa are a better team. Can England beat this team?

1. Joseph Sualii

2. Brian To'o

3. Stephen Crtichon

4. Izack Tago

5. Murray Tualagi/ David Nofoluma/ Taylan May

6. Jarome Luai

7. Anthony Milford

8. Junior Paulo

9. Chanel Tevita Harris

10. Payne Haas

11. Lucieno Leiluia

12.  Josh Schuster

13.  Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

14. Jazz Tevanga

15. Jeremiah Nanai

16. Josh Papalii

17. Spencer Leinu

This team has 

This side has 5-6 players from the Penrith Panthers the most dominant team last 3 years in the NRL and current champions. Also has 8-9 players who have played State Of Origin this year . Including the 4 props from NSW and QLD. I think having Suallii at fullback we be a masterstroke a one in generation type talent who already impressing at just 18 years old. Anyone who knows the England team well can they beat this Samoan squad?

52 minutes ago, Young Blood said:

I think most people believe that England are going to top group A, but I believe Samoa are a better team. Can England beat this team?

1. Joseph Sualii

2. Brian To'o

3. Stephen Crtichon

4. Izack Tago

6. Jarome Luai

7. Anthony Milford

8. Junior Paulo

9. Chanel Tevita Harris

10. Payne Haas

11. Lucieno Leiluia

12.  Josh Schuster

13.  Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

14. Jazz Tevanga

15. Jeremiah Nanai

16. Josh Papalii

17. Spencer Leinu

This team has 

This side has 5-6 players from the Penrith Panthers the most dominant team last 3 years in the NRL and current champions. Also has 8-9 players who have played State Of Origin this year . Including the 4 props from NSW and QLD. I think having Suallii at fullback we be a masterstroke a one in generation type talent who already impressing at just 18 years old. Anyone who knows the England team well can they beat this Samoan squad?

Around half that team either guaranteed or a good chance of making the Australian squad, it will come down to who opts in for Samoa or Australia. I’d imagine a few of them will stick with Australia.

If a lot of those players and Tonga, Fiji & PNG eligible players (Coates, Koroisau, Tupou etc) do opt for their pacific island it could see NZ go in as close to equal favourite.

To answer your question I think that side on paper is better than England on paper. It should be a great World Cup.

1 hour ago, Young Blood said:

1. Joseph Sualii

2. Brian To'o

3. Stephen Crtichon

4. Izack Tago

6. Jarome Luai

7. Anthony Milford

8. Junior Paulo

9. Chanel Tevita Harris

10. Payne Haas

11. Lucieno Leiluia

12.  Josh Schuster

13.  Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

14. Jazz Tevanga

15. Jeremiah Nanai

16. Josh Papalii

17. Spencer Leinu

This team has 

I do agree that a lot of England fans are over looking Samoa as there seem a thought that we are guaranteed to meet the Aussies in the final.

However, that Samoan team you have listed is much stronger that the team they will most probably select as there are some guaranteed Australian players in there.

Am I sure? No. Is that a bad thing?

• Like 6

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

It's quite an unusual feeling to be looking at international RL fixtures in major tournaments and being unsure as to who is the favourite.

Love it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Young Blood said:

1. Joseph Sualii

2. Brian To'o

3. Stephen Crtichon

4. Izack Tago

6. Jarome Luai

7. Anthony Milford

8. Junior Paulo

9. Chanel Tevita Harris

10. Payne Haas

11. Lucieno Leiluia

12.  Josh Schuster

13.  Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

14. Jazz Tevanga

15. Jeremiah Nanai

16. Josh Papalii

17. Spencer Leinu

This team has 

Out of the current State of Origin players of Samoan decent, I have them split into the 3 categories regarding the Australian squad:

Certainty to make the Aus squad: Payne Haas, Josh Papali, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui

Strong Consideration (but no guarantee) to make the Aus squad: Jerome Luai, Junior Paulo, Stephen Crichton 

Highly Unlikely to make the Aus squad: Joseph Sualii, Murray Tuilagi, Jeremiah Nanai 

I have left of Brian To’o of the list as he has  just confirmed that he will pledge his allegiance to Samoa regardless of who selects him.

Regardless of who Australia select, Samoa are going to put out a fantastic team with it easily being the 5th best team (at minimum) in the WC on paper.

17 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It's quite an unusual feeling to be looking at international RL fixtures in major tournaments and being unsure as to who is the favourite.

Love it.

Yes. Apart from when that uncertainty comes from a team having played about three games in five years.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Yes. Apart from when that uncertainty comes from a team having played about three games in five years.

I'm ignoring that bit as I'm in a sunny mood this morning.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Suallii will make the Australian squad  since Tupou will play for Tonga and To'o for Samoa. Paulo will picked for Australia but I feel he will play for Samoa. Apparently Luai is trying to get all the NSW  eligible players to play for Samoa. 

Most these Polynesian boys grow up with the culture, language, food, music. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Young Blood said:

Can anyone who follows the Super League what will beEngland strongest possible team? 

That question probably needs to be rephrased as what is the England team that Shaun Wane will pick.

• Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

29 minutes ago, Young Blood said:

Can anyone who follows the Super League what will beEngland strongest possible team? 

1/ Tomkins

2/ Young

3/ Farnworth

4/ Percival

5/ Makinson

6/ Lomax

7/ Williams 

8/ Walmsley

9/ Leeming

10/ Burgess

11/ Bateman

12/ Whitehead

13/ knowles

There’s still an argument for the half backs and hooking spots with a few players in contention but no certainties yet. I think the rest of the team baring injuries won’t be far off. 

Edited by bobbruce
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

1/ Tomkins

2/ Young

3/ Farnworth

4/ Percival

5/ Makinson

6/ Lomax

7/ Williams 

8/ Walmsley

9/ Leeming

10/ Burgess

11/ Bateman

12/ Whitehead

13/ knowles

There’s still an argument for the half backs and hooking spots with a few players in contention but no certainties yet. I think the rest of the team baring injuries won’t be far off. 

That the Young who has committed to Jamaica for this tournament?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

1/ Tomkins

2/ Young

3/ Farnworth

4/ Percival

5/ Makinson

6/ Lomax

7/ Williams 

8/ Walmsley

9/ Leeming

10/ Burgess

11/ Bateman

12/ Whitehead

13/ knowles

What's your bench Bob? That will be just as important as to who initially takes the field.

4 hours ago, Young Blood said:

1. Joseph Sualii

2. Brian To'o

3. Stephen Crtichon

4. Izack Tago

6. Jarome Luai

7. Anthony Milford

8. Junior Paulo

9. Chanel Tevita Harris

10. Payne Haas

11. Lucieno Leiluia

12.  Josh Schuster

13.  Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

14. Jazz Tevanga

15. Jeremiah Nanai

16. Josh Papalii

17. Spencer Leinu

This team has 

I always remember when England played Samoa in Oz in May 2017.

The Aussie commentators who knew nothing about SL or the England players whole bases of who they thought would win was how many NRL players were playing for each team.

Think Samoa had something like 14 of the 17 from the NRL and England had something like 4 players from the NRL. I remember the commentators saying England had no chance - England won easily 30 - 10. As with the tire 1 nations its strength in depth and organisation that wins against other teams 90% of the time ( as well as top class players from either the NRL or SL).

Yes Samoa can win but I expect the first game to be a hard physical hit out but Englands strength in depth and discipline to win the day.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

1/ Tomkins

2/ Young

3/ Farnworth

4/ Percival

5/ Makinson

6/ Lomax

7/ Williams 

8/ Walmsley

9/ Leeming

10/ Burgess

11/ Bateman

12/ Whitehead

13/ knowles

The actual team won't be far off that mate.

Our squad isn't as good as 2017 but we have some great talent.

Unlike 2017 when we were packed with top top players, I would say we have 2 genuine world class players in Walmsley and Makemson ( Roby if he hadn't retired from England)

Just behind those is Tomkins Whitehead and Bateman.

I think the squad needs someone as versatile as Ratchford and if he gets some form back, I would love to have a maverick halfback like Gale in the squad - just to put some pressure on Williams who is hit and miss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Love it.

Spot on. This is how it should be. 

Obviously I want Enhland to smash it and win a home World Cup, but if that wasn't to happen then I'd love to see a World Cup Final that isn't made up of Aus, NZ and Eng. 

I think NZ v Tonga is a real possibility, if Samoa click (they often underperform) then they have a chance too. 

I'd still have the Aussies as favourites, they tend to be professional and efficient in these tournaments but as has been shown they are beatable. 

Exactly as it should be. 

• Like 1