Are you sure England is better then Samoa?

6 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Talked a big game and ended up falling flat on your face 😂😂😂 enjoy the next 3 years because England will be worse than Samoa, Tonga, Fiji and Png at the next world cup

So where were you from the end of the opening game until the 83rd minute yesterday?? - phone broken for all that time?

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

So where were you from the end of the opening game until the 83rd minute yesterday?? - phone broken for all that time?

One thing some of you arrogant English fans should know. Never talk down your opposition before kick off because when it comes to results like this, you will always look like a 🤡 if the result don't go your way.

I remember you talking this samoan team down from the very start saying they're average none of those players are good enough and England will win by 50pts with ease.

Me on the other hand always said I rated the English and they're a tough team to play against and Samoa will have to be at there best to beat them.

When the game that finally mattered finished I talked my piece, you on the other hand talked this samoan team down before kick off and now you look even more of a fool 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Mojo said:

One thing some of you arrogant English fans should know. Never talk down your opposition before kick off because when it comes to results like this, you will always look like a 🤡 if the result don't go your way.

I remember you talking this samoan team down from the very start saying they're average none of those players are good enough and England will win by 50pts with ease.

Me on the other hand always said I rated the English and they're a tough team to play against and Samoa will have to be at there best to beat them.

When the game that finally mattered finished I talked my piece, you on the other hand talked this samoan team down before kick off and now you look even more of a fool 😂😂😂😂

Yes, you do come across as a really humble nice person👍

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Niels said:

Whoever he was he was a good tipster at the beginning.

Until he suddenly became convinced France would beat Samoa 🙂

Oh man I get the English game prediction.  But he lost me when he said Samoa would struggle to score 1 try against France 🤦‍♂️😂

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Weirdo.

These Pacific teams aren`t going to go away any time soon.

" In another significant development, around half of this year’s Australian Schoolboys side would be eligible to represent Pacific nations.

" Given their famous World Cup surge, many believe the number of young players wanting to represent Samoa over rival nations will increase."

As mentioned elsewhere, as it may be difficult due to logistical issues, to include many of these Pacific Nations in our State Cup competitions, we may find the focus for these nations may be at the school level, with the best increasingly being brought over on scholarships to study and play League.

This could be huge.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Once again, the NRL guys came through. Same as they have all tournament. 

This is very true. Once upon a time we occasionally used to think that Australia could put out a 3rd team and beat us. We've basically just had that confirmed since 2019. 

To be successful in the mens game its clear that you need as many NRL players as possible to be at the top level. England also has the pick of the very best of Super League too, yet for the past decade (and more) that has often come up short.

5 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

These Pacific teams aren`t going to go away any time soon.

" In another significant development, around half of this year’s Australian Schoolboys side would be eligible to represent Pacific nations.

" Given their famous World Cup surge, many believe the number of young players wanting to represent Samoa over rival nations will increase."

As mentioned elsewhere, as it may be difficult due to logistical issues, to include many of these Pacific Nations in our State Cup competitions, we may find the focus for these nations may be at the school level, with the best increasingly being brought over on scholarships to study and play League.

This could be huge.

It needs to be a paycheck that brings them over to Europe, and it also needs the NRL to lose the hold they have had over them - especially in the off season.

Are the schools offering scholarships "RL" schools? Or have the private schools finally begun to succumb?

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

Agree - was going to support Samoa next Saturday but as we have had a insight into their very humble fan base on here I may just cheer on the Aussies. 

To be fair, it might be a record loss too for a final. 

And it's really Australia A vs Australia B anyway. 

39 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Cheer for whoever you want but enjoy the L you's got from Samoa because you all needed to be humbled so bad for talking this Samoan team down 😂😂😂😂

When Samoa got beat, you disappeared from October the 15th (your last post before the group game) to October the 30th.

Your put downs on here to people posting the game after the game would be a lot more stinging if you hadn't had the biggest strop in the history of this forum.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

When Samoa got beat, you disappeared from October the 15th (your last post before the group game) to October the 30th.

Your put downs on here to people posting the game after the game would be a lot more stinging if you hadn't had the biggest strop in the history of this forum.

So what? At the end of the day I talked this Samoan team up from day 1 and you lot shut me down everytime. Enjoy the L because you were one of the worst ones putting this samoan team down. 

How does it feel now? Knowing a average team led by the Great Milford and Show Pony Luai just did that to the English team? 😂

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Mojo said:

So what? At the end of the day I talked this Samoan team up from day 1 and you lot shut me down everytime. Enjoy the L because you were one of the worst ones putting this samoan team down. 

How does it feel now? Knowing a average team led by the Great Milford and Show Pony Luai just did that to the English team? 😂

I have already said I was wrong about Luai and that he played well and I have already congratulated Samoa on the win and getting to their first World Cup final.  I know you saw those posts as you reacted to them.

I'm not sure how you think you are scoring points here when I have already said the things you are goading me with.

You should have tried losing with a little humility instead of sulking for 2 weeks.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Agree - was going to support Samoa next Saturday but as we have had a insight into their very humble fan base on here I may just cheer on the Aussies. 

Geez you can talk. You're pretty much the biggest troll in here talking the Samoan team down, and now all of a sudden your feelings are hurt? 🤦‍♂️😂😂😂😂

Don't give it if you can't take it champ 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mojo said:

Geez you can talk. You're pretty much the biggest troll in here talking the Samoan team down, and now all of a sudden your feelings are hurt? 🤦‍♂️😂😂😂😂

Don't give it if you can't take it champ 😂😂😂😂

So you still haven't told us where you were for the past 4 weeks - getting your Summer Bash tickets?

I do think the narrative that this WC shows that England have regressed to be flawed. 

If we use the Aussies as the benchmark, say a 10 rating, England have probably always been a 7/8 compared to them. The Aussies have been a step above us as long as I've been alive. We've sneaked the odd win. 

The Kiwis are a strong 8, but still a step behind the Aussies. 

I don't think England have dropped below being a 7/8, I think what has happened is that Samoa and Tonga are now coming in as strong 7s. They have improved, for obvious reasons. 

So we are still plowing away, working to get better and try and win, but ultimately overtaking the Aussies and Kiwis with the NRL is going to be a real challenge. That's just life. But sport isn't about it being easy. 

Us still being a 7/8 doesn't mean we haven't improved, it's all relative, because the Aussies are also improving. 

• Like 4

Two semi final losses with the last play. A final loss 6-0 with a miracle tap tackle.

It's not that bad. We used to just turn up and just get pumped. And that was the golden age of SL apparently.