Everytime we go up North (a fair bit for obvious reasons) my wife and kids always point out how many women have dyed their hair blue or some other unusual colour 

When it's pointed out I notice it all the time too. West Yorkshire particularly 

Is it is some sort of secret Northern cult? Maybe linked to ancient witchcraft or pigeon keeping?

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

3 hours ago, M j M said:

If it's good enough for Marge Simpson and Phyllis Pearce it should be good enough for you soft southerners.

did Percie Sugden get Phyllis between the sheets in an unaired episode

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Everytime we go up North (a fair bit for obvious reasons) my wife and kids always point out how many women have dyed their hair blue or some other unusual colour 

When it's pointed out I notice it all the time too. West Yorkshire particularly 

Is it is some sort of secret Northern cult? Maybe linked to ancient witchcraft or pigeon keeping?

I'm currently at the Euston Tap and stood next to a table of 3 ladies, with blue, bronze and a metallic grey coloured hair, and their accents are as you'd expect this far south

Edited by shaun mc

6 hours ago, shaun mc said:

I'm currently at the Euston Tap and stood next to a table of 3 ladies, with blue, bronze and a metallic grey coloured hair, and their accents are as you'd expect this far south

Ha....I drink regularly there as a first port of call into town....I'll look out for them

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Ha....I drink regularly there as a first port of call into town....I'll look out for them

Look for the tattoos as well.....

9 hours ago, shaun mc said:

Look for the tattoos as well.....

Really not a fan of tattoos personally ..... Nothing worse than a really attractive woman covered in what looks like green skin rot.....even worse if so he has a bogey covered piece of metal up her nostril too 

I do actually like the blue/funny coloured hair thing on women.......e.g Saffron from Republica with the scarlet hair was great

• 3 weeks later...

It's the Lancashire blue rinse. Hilda Ogden used to have one. All Lancastrian women are obsessed with looking like Hilda. In fairness, a lot of them really do.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 02/07/2022 at 14:20, JohnM said:

I met Phyllis actress in the Midland Hotel Manchester years ago. Still have the autographed photo. Trust me, I don't think Percy would have had the strength!

Once Percy whipped his ukulele out Phyllis went all weak at the knees.