Wire are ACE

1 hour ago, Dallas Mead said:

Isn’t it.

Don’t know why you post a headline like that. From a fans point of view I would look at any promising younsters outside of the team and give them a runto see if they can step up, nothing to lose. 

18 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Don’t know why you post a headline like that. From a fans point of view I would look at any promising younsters outside of the team and give them a runto see if they can step up, nothing to lose. 

Actually, if we're not very careful, there is a lot to lose. 

18 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Dean played a blinder in the reserves after being called back from York. Not sure why we can’t just give him a chance. He can’t be any worse than Ratchford or Mata’utia at half, and possibly better. Nothing to lose IMO.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

4 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Dean played a blinder in the reserves after being called back from York. Not sure why we can’t just give him a chance. He can’t be any worse than Ratchford or Mata’utia at half, and possibly better. Nothing to lose IMO.

Matautia at 6, our top 3 try scorers from last year all now playing at other clubs. 

Powell is trying to be too smart, and we should judge on the results (and I don't just mean the actual scores). 

Edited by Dave T

34 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Matautia at 6, our top 3 try scorers from last year all now playing at other clubs. 

Powell is trying to be too smart, and we should judge on the results (and I don't just mean the actual scores). 

Looking from the outside Powell’s player retention/recruitment is a bit of a car crash.

Just now, Davo5 said:

Looking from the outside Powell’s player retention/recruitment is a bit of a car crash.

He's made the point a few times now that certain players don't like to be criticised in a certain way, obviously a dig at players he has moved on, but there is a problem when there hasn't been any marked improvement in any of the players and almost every player has gone backwards. Notable exceptions in Wrench and Thewlis, but I expect these were going to get better and better as they get more games in any case. 

When wire stuffed us 32-10 in April, Thewlis, Dean and Wrench scored 24 of the 32 points between them so i expected them to keep their places after playing so well against us but it seems Wire's policy is play the big earners whatever as from what i can gather the stars have been quite poor this season but keep getting picked?.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

He's made the point a few times now that certain players don't like to be criticised in a certain way, obviously a dig at players he has moved on, but there is a problem when there hasn't been any marked improvement in any of the players and almost every player has gone backwards. Notable exceptions in Wrench and Thewlis, but I expect these were going to get better and better as they get more games in any case. 

The mark of a good coach is realising that players respond to different approaches,some need & respond to a good bollocking,others don’t & need a more subtle approach.

The moving on of players who only last year were performing at a high level seems reactionary & hints at trouble in the camp.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I post a headline like that because I’ve been a wire season ticket holder since 1991 and I’m more than a little pished off.  So I’m being sarcastic/ironic/funny - delete as applicable.

1 hour ago, Desert Skipper said:

He’s at Newcastle now on a season long loan deal isn’t he ?

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

46 minutes ago, Derwent said:

He’s at Newcastle now on a season long loan deal isn’t he ?

Newcastle sorry, yes. But he’s been recalled and playing for the reserves.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

I have just posted this on the game thread but it is relevant here as well.

Toulouse have Wakefield away next week and then a run of three consecutive home games against Leeds, Salford and Hull FC.  And then HKR and Warrington away.

So the next 7 games against teams no higher than 6th and 3 weeks of home games on the bounce.

Meanwhile, Wire's next 5 games see them play 4 sides in the top 5 on the table.

I don't think Toulouse are out of this race at all and it could get very interesting. 

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Ceos like karl fitzpatrick and gary hetherington, never seem to take accountability for poor decisions. 

Fitzpatrick is now leading the pack of poor decision makers

10 hours ago, The storm said:

Ceos like karl fitzpatrick and gary hetherington, never seem to take accountability for poor decisions. 

Hiring Daryl Powell wasn't seen by anybody as a bad decision. We'll see how it ultimately plays out, but in principle it is not a bad decision at all. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Davo5 said:

The mark of a good coach is realising that players respond to different approaches,some need & respond to a good bollocking,others don’t & need a more subtle approach.

The moving on of players who only last year were performing at a high level seems reactionary & hints at trouble in the camp.

You can't chastise a killer whale. 

12 hours ago, The storm said:

Lumping Hetherington in with Fitzpatrick is perhaps your most 😂 post yet.