Today

Fax Knight

Can no-one even be bothered to post about today’s game? Well done Barrow and in particular Mr Sammut. What a mercurial player he is on his day. As for York, I though Edwards and Brown had a go - though what anyone expects them to do running it out on their own 10 metre line is anyone’s guess. I suppose it means they get their hands on the ball as it was unlikely anyone was going to pass it to them in an attacking position today. Was that Dave Dunkerley I saw? Real grafter Dave. He’d have fitted in well with today’s forwards as in all the years I watched him I don’t think I ever saw him slip a ball out in tackle. Enough with the 5 drives and a kick. If I want to watch big lads running into each other all afternoon I’ll watch RU. 

Absolute masterclass from Sammut today, particularly his kicking from hand. Starting to really puzzle over our three halves thing. If BOH really is our best option then why isn't he playing from the first minute? We looked better after he came on but were already playing catch up by then. As for the first 40 mins of 5 drives and a kick to the corner - and why is it the same corner every single time? - we looked short of ideas and it was a hard watch.

Ah well, can't win em all and today the best team won. On to the next one.

• Like 2

...most kicks didnt even make the corner, straight up in the air and blown back on the wind

incidentally, i was sat next to a couple on sunday who told me it was their first visit back to the stadium since early spring when theyd, by no fault of their own, found themselves in season ticket holders seats and been forced to move in quite stressful circumstances, they had been so upset that it had taken them till sunday to get the courage to return. mistakes by stadium staff do impact the people involved and affect attendance at a time when every 'leisure pound' is being carefully spent.

• Like 3

A lot who sit near us feel constantly upset by abrupt stewarding , hope fully if Jason mc gills sale of city and the stadium management co go through better times will follow and we may get to know the attendance on a regular basis

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Nearenough said:

...most kicks didnt even make the corner, straight up in the air and blown back on the wind

incidentally, i was sat next to a couple on sunday who told me it was their first visit back to the stadium since early spring when theyd, by no fault of their own, found themselves in season ticket holders seats and been forced to move in quite stressful circumstances, they had been so upset that it had taken them till sunday to get the courage to return. mistakes by stadium staff do impact the people involved and affect attendance at a time when every 'leisure pound' is being carefully spent.

Asides from the result, I hope they liked the experience and will soon return. 

• Like 3