• Germany
    • Spain
    • Italy
    • France
    • Portugal
    • Norway
    • Don't Care

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/07/22 at 11:00

We had a Euros thread for the men last year,  so fair's fair, here's one for the ladies.

I'll certainly be watching England's games and Q-Finals  onwards, don't know about other group matches,  perhaps.

Will England win it? How much will you watch ? Is the BBC coverage a template for the RLWC in  November?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61820697

Edited by HawkMan
  • Like 1

Opening Round. 

WEDNESDAY 6TH JULY

GROUP A

• England 20:00  Austria

THURSDAY 7TH JULY

GROUP A

• Norway 20:00  Northern Ireland

FRIDAY 8TH JULY

GROUP B

• Spain 17:00  Finland
  • Germany 20:00  Denmark

SATURDAY 9TH JULY

GROUP C

• Portugal 17:00 Switzerland
  • Netherlands 20:00  Sweden

SUNDAY 10TH JULY

GROUP D

• Belgium 17:00  Iceland
  • France 20:00  Italy
Edited by HawkMan

4 hours ago, HawkMan said:

We had a Euros thread for the men last year,  so fair's fair, here's one for the ladies.

I'll certainly be watching England's games and Q-Finals  onwards, don't know about other group matches,  perhaps.

Will England win it? How much will you watch ? Is the BBC coverage a template for the RLWC in  November?

I’ll give it a try and hope that England progress enough to keep the buzz going about the tournament.

7 hours ago, HawkMan said:

I will probably watch a fair bit.

England shouldn’t have any difficulty in getting out of their group but it’s what comes next.

I’ve put my vote on Spain to win but it looks like being a pretty open tournament.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

44 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Must admit it’s around the big international tournaments that I tend to check in the most with the women’s game.

This is understandable as you don't live anywhere near the London & South East Counties Regional Women's Football League Division One (South).

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

38 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

This is understandable as you don't live anywhere near the London & South East Counties Regional Women's Football League Division One (South).

Haha, it’s true, although I should do more to support the local sides.

Genuinely I never understand the hostility, the snidey jibes and general sneering towards women’s football amongst some men’s football fans (not yourself obviously).

Its within all our interests to turbo charge the development of the women’s game even if to only provide greater choice for you as a sports fan and where you pay your dollar.

11 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Opening Round. 

WEDNESDAY 6TH JULY

GROUP A

• England 20:00  Austria

THURSDAY 7TH JULY

GROUP A

• Norway 20:00  Northern Ireland

FRIDAY 8TH JULY

GROUP B

• Spain 17:00  Finland
  • Germany 20:00  Denmark

SATURDAY 9TH JULY

GROUP C

• Portugal 17:00 Switzerland
  • Netherlands 20:00  Sweden

SUNDAY 10TH JULY

GROUP D

• Belgium 17:00  Iceland
  • France 20:00  Italy

England should beat Austria

Norway should absolutely pummel Norn Iron into next week but NI are a feisty lot

Spain and Germany to win fairly comfortably

Portugal to win and Netherlands v Sweden to be the tie of the opening round but the Dutch to win

No idea on Belgium v Iceland; France should beat Italy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

England should beat Austria

Norway should absolutely pummel Norn Iron into next week but NI are a feisty lot

Spain and Germany to win fairly comfortably

Portugal to win and Netherlands v Sweden to be the tie of the opening round but the Dutch to win

No idea on Belgium v Iceland; France should beat Italy

Love it, I think you'll really help us non diehards,  but footy fans, to understand the intricacies of this tournament. 

I just drew France in a sweepstake for this. A decent pick.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tournament director on BBC interview asked if having matches at Etihad Academy Stadium and Leigh Sports Village was not going to be a great look on TV. He replied perfectly that it's better to have full smaller stadiums rather than half empty large stadiums. 

So far 500,000 tickets sold out of 700,000 available. Sold out tonight at OT.

6 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Off to a winning start.

Good to get the early goal. On another day, a few more of the other chances fall more favourably too. Obviously, on another day, some of the defensive lapses are punished.

But, a 68,000 crowd enjoyed themselves and tournaments are all about getting results so I'm pleased.

• Like 1

Poor quality game. England lacked pace and ideas through the middle - everything was a cross or attempted cross.

Not a lot of flair - individual skill sadly lacking.

Austria showed what men's Eastern European football looked like in the 1980's.

Workwomen like, thus boring and far worse than the men's version which is also a waste of 90 minutes.

I won't sit through that again or maybe I need to adjust my expectations?

So, in a two horse race, Norway are 1/14 for their opening match against Norn Iron.

That does seem fair. I can't see anything other than a big win for the Norwegians but, having found Northern Ireland's qualification win to be one of the most joyous football occasions of the past few years, I'm hoping the girls in green at least give a good account of themselves.

16 hours ago, gingerjon said:

So, in a two horse race, Norway are 1/14 for their opening match against Norn Iron.

That does seem fair. I can't see anything other than a big win for the Norwegians but, having found Northern Ireland's qualification win to be one of the most joyous football occasions of the past few years, I'm hoping the girls in green at least give a good account of themselves.

9,000 there to see it and the girls in green wore white. They lost 4-1. Could have been a *lot* more but at least they drew the second half - although the injury to Simone Magill looks really worrying for her tournament and, potentially, next few months and longer as well.

11 hours ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

A record crowd for a women's Euros match not involving the hosts (apparently).

14 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Looks like a decent crowd in at Bramall Lane, @RP London?

Yes, not there for this one, had a couple of mates there who said the atmosphere was brilliant. Kids school is there Wednesday and then we're there on sunday as a family.. loads of fans wandering around the city in kits which is brilliant, the Dutch are great to see all clad in orange.

• Like 1

Is Barnestoneworth twinned with anywhere in Norway? "Åtte Null! Åtte sødding Null!"

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson