Doncaster

wayne_r

As they say in sport a game of two halves 😞

Don't think the ref did us any favours yesterday but that being said we were dominant in the first half and should have scored more points - letting Doncaster score just before half time was a decisive also. 

I also think non of the forwards that come off the bench made an impact I would say taking Charnock off was a big mistake because  the pack lost focus I believe - so for 25 mins in the second half Doncaster forwards dominated and of course they scored three tries in that period - once Charnock was brought back on along with the rest of the pack we showed more resolve and again threatened the Doncaster line - but it was too little too late 😞

Doncaster managed to contain us out wide after our two tries and they deserved their win today.

Don't thin we or anyone will catch Keighley - so it will be the play off route which will certainly have some tasty match ups I think as I think there will be North Wales, Rochdale, Doncaster and ourselves in the mix...........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wayne_r said:

As they say in sport a game of two halves 😞

Don't think the ref did us any favours yesterday but that being said we were dominant in the first half and should have scored more points - letting Doncaster score just before half time was a decisive also. 

I also think non of the forwards that come off the bench made an impact I would say taking Charnock off was a big mistake because  the pack lost focus I believe - so for 25 mins in the second half Doncaster forwards dominated and of course they scored three tries in that period - once Charnock was brought back on along with the rest of the pack we showed more resolve and again threatened the Doncaster line - but it was too little too late 😞

Doncaster managed to contain us out wide after our two tries and they deserved their win today.

Don't thin we or anyone will catch Keighley - so it will be the play off route which will certainly have some tasty match ups I think as I think there will be North Wales, Rochdale, Doncaster and ourselves in the mix...........

Totally agree Wayne, our 1-13 are up there with anyone but after that we tend to struggle. Can't see why Paddy Jones isn't getting a look in on the subs bench before 1-2 of the others, for me Wilkinson hasnt really impressed as a back up hooker, Meadows isnt good enough either.

Also as Roby is full time, surely he should be playing more then 40 mins, its like we have a coaching manual that says the subs have to come on after 20 mins and we are sticking to that

• Like 1

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

I agree why rotate players for rotation sake - which I think was the issue yesterday - I don't think Doncaster did much in the way of player rotation but I could be wrong as I wasn't paying that much attention to Doncaster players leaving the field

On 04/07/2022 at 12:35, Mark said:

Totally agree Wayne, our 1-13 are up there with anyone but after that we tend to struggle. Can't see why Paddy Jones isn't getting a look in on the subs bench before 1-2 of the others, for me Wilkinson hasnt really impressed as a back up hooker, Meadows isnt good enough either.

Also as Roby is full time, surely he should be playing more then 40 mins, its like we have a coaching manual that says the subs have to come on after 20 mins and we are sticking to that

A really poor bench 

Weak replacements for quality players

• Like 1

We are seeing our rivals signing new players seemingly every week either on loan or permantently, are we missing a trick by keeping faith with our current squad, the board have said money is available if needed

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

20 hours ago, Mark said:

We are seeing our rivals signing new players seemingly every week either on loan or permantently, are we missing a trick by keeping faith with our current squad, the board have said money is available if needed

Its a tricky one Isn't it ? A good settled squad could possibly be unsettled by temporary inclusions but said inclusions could bring promotion !

I think if the money is there it should be the coaching teams shout as to new signings particularly short term ones !

I personally don't think bringing players in on short loan deals helps - it was a disaster playing the young stand off from Huddersfield against Keighley when he had only trained with the club once ! It was so bad that he must have opted to go back - I felt really sorry for him. 

Getting Roby on long term loan has been really good though..............so if we can get long term deals then yes I guess that is fine, but good players don't always get a look in - I was upset to see Ben Heyes leave - then we take a young centre from Wigan and put him straight in against Doncaster ?

As Joe 90 said if the money is there - then its the coach that should decide..........