Jump to content

IDEAS TO PROMOTE CLUB AND GENERATE FUNDS.


barfieldlad
 Share

Recommended Posts


Until barfieldlad mentioned it, who knew about this, it seems like a trick was missed yesterday, the same with the Summer Bash tickets, where from now on where do we get tickets for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Until barfieldlad mentioned it, who knew about this, it seems like a trick was missed yesterday, the same with the Summer Bash tickets, where from now on where do we get tickets for this.

John Miller mentioned it FIVE times on the tannoy about summer bash tickets been available in the boardroom after the game - I’m sure they’ll be selling them at the club

even heard an attendance yesterday over 800 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Until barfieldlad mentioned it, who knew about this, it seems like a trick was missed yesterday, the same with the Summer Bash tickets, where from now on where do we get tickets for this.

This has only gone live today

IMG_0583.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

John Miller mentioned it FIVE times on the tannoy about summer bash tickets been available in the boardroom after the game - I’m sure they’ll be selling them at the club

even heard an attendance yesterday over 800 

 

Yes I heard it a few times, but it wasn't mentioned about if you couldn't get up there after the match and yes I did hear about the attendance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, barfieldlad said:

It actually went on the club website last night.

It doesn't matter when it went on the website most people have given up going there, it would have been ideal the club giving it out at the match, the next two fixtures are away, yes I now know mysports tickets purchase is on line now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Yes I heard it a few times, but it wasn't mentioned about if you couldn't get up there after the match and yes I did hear about the attendance.

Summer bash tickets were available after the match… I’m sure they’ll be on sale during the week & the next home match before we play there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Summer bash tickets were available after the match… I’m sure they’ll be on sale during the week & the next home match before we play there 

Cheers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, RogerT said:

It doesn't matter when it went on the website most people have given up going there, it would have been ideal the club giving it out at the match, the next two fixtures are away, yes I now know mysports tickets purchase is on line now.

Its a online ticketing draw , so you wouldn’t have been able to buy tickets at game 

i know you know where to buy them , but we need to make it as simple as possible for neutrals who don’t know where to purchase tickets from 

Edited by Batley Bob

IMG_0583.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link works fine :kolobok_yes: Great idea too so well done those involved.

will Batley be putting a coach on for the bash or Sheffield game,or even a nice awayday to York for payback day.?  :kolobok_umnik:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

John puts news out on Twitter & Facebook yet it either doesn’t get to people’s notice or it does but has no impact on whoever sees it. We ask people to share posts again to try to get it out there. But is it working?

We need to sell the Grand Draw tickets, we need to get bigger gates than 800, we need to engage with people. We are trying but it appears we are failing. Anybody any ideas how we can improve because we are frustrated and not sure what to do. We let people in for £11 but still can’t get 1,000 there. We win games and play decent rugby but still....

There must be something we can do but are not doing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As for coaches then Supporters Club would still run a coach if could get people to go I am sure. A 50 seater needs 50 people to make it pay not 10 and cost of a coach now is ridiculous so it can’t run at a loss. I so wish we could take a full coach to away games but I don’t think we can. If I am wrong please let 50 tell me I am and we will rectify it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

John puts news out on Twitter & Facebook yet it either doesn’t get to people’s notice or it does but has no impact on whoever sees it. We ask people to share posts again to try to get it out there. But is it working?

We need to sell the Grand Draw tickets, we need to get bigger gates than 800, we need to engage with people. We are trying but it appears we are failing. Anybody any ideas how we can improve because we are frustrated and not sure what to do. We let people in for £11 but still can’t get 1,000 there. We win games and play decent rugby but still....

There must be something we can do but are not doing.

The official club website needs completely revamping and utilising to advertise the clubs commercial opportunities. There are some splendid hospitality lounges in the Long Stand built around 4 years ago with the help of lottery funding, but no mention of these on the website at all. Also did the boxes ever get named after ex players apart from one after Simon Wilson? A great choice by the way. I've never seen it publicised if they did.

Edited by barfieldlad
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep getting told websites  are oldhat and everything is social media so is this wrong? I have no idea.

The boxes in K2 Stand are sold out with season long sponsors apart from one big one near half way line. They were not built with lottery funding but with the help from sponsors and monies from finishing in Middle8’s in 2016 by the way.

The boxes have got signs on with names of explayers but due to lockdown maybe we have not publicised  them enough which we will do now. This is interesting for fans but regrettably doesn’t get more people to Club. So there is plenty of things that we are open to criticism for but moving forward how can we get it out there to get more people watching us is a massive problem which we have not solved and if we are to survive we need to. We as a Club are not alone by the way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply.

I would think that a companies website is the first port of call for finding out all about a particular company, and that it's website should be doing everything it can to sell and promote said company to it's customers and more importantly potential customers, but maybe I'm old hat? Also with part of our central funding being determined by traffic and hits to the website, that is surely a worthwhile reason to have a site of the quality to attract visitors? 

Thanks for clearing up how the boxes were funded. I was told one of the boxes was paid for by lottery funding to double up as an office for Craig Lingard, but it appears I was told wrong.

Which other players apart from Simon are the boxes named after?

Edited by barfieldlad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello there Kevin,

Yes twitter and facebook are important and so is the Website, I don't use them often, but tonight I have for the first time shared about the draw on both platforms.

Edited by RogerT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Correct that first box was a Community office and we did get some funds towards that. Now the office is the portacabin lower down where we got no further funding. Thinking about it that first box could be used for sponsors on match days if not used by the Community team.

As from this year website traffic has been removed by Rfl as a funding factor for whatever reason. We will get out there the names of all boxes. I am not saying the website is of no use just apparently not the  first port of call perhaps nowadays. So if looking for particular information about the Club maybe but not the first place to browse for news and not the place to prompt people from. Still should be a good source of information and news though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

Correct that first box was a Community office and we did get some funds towards that. 

Yes, I thought this was the case. as this information came to me through a trustee of the then Batley Sporting Charitable Trust.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

 we need to engage with people. We are trying but it appears we are failing. Anybody any ideas how we can improve because we are frustrated and not sure what to do.  

There must be something we can do but are not doing.

On the point of engaging, I remember some time back that Redditch Bulldog via this forum offered his help with the website to the club free of charge, as he said he had expertise in this field. I don't know whether the club ever took up this offer, but if not, would probably be best speaking to him about the relevance of the website and how useful it could be for the club. I seem to remember Supertyke who used to run a very competent unofficial site offering his help too. Further on the point of engaging, and more concerning, I heard on Sunday from a club shareholder that shareholders are not being invited to meetings and haven't been since long before covid. If the club isn't even engaging properly with its shareholders, it doesn't seem surprising that it's finding it difficult to engage with anyone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • barfieldlad changed the title to IDEAS TO PROMOTE CLUB AND GENERATE FUNDS.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...