IDEAS TO PROMOTE CLUB AND GENERATE FUNDS.

barfieldlad

16 hours ago, silverback said:

Really, Why would anyone want that,:kolobok_butcher:

Who know's. I was referring to our friends across the valley. My brother is a Dewsbury fan and some friends are Dewsbury fan's too, so I might get some ribbing from them, but as I said I'd hope no one would want that to happen. Maybe I could have been clearer with my wording, so as for you not to appear to misinterpret me. Anyway, it appears the £1000 draw has been a success, which is massively encouraging, so if things carry on like that, the situation shouldn't arise. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

9 hours ago, barfieldlad said:

Who know's. I was referring to our friends across the valley. My brother is a Dewsbury fan and some friends are Dewsbury fan's too, so I might get some ribbing from them, but as I said I'd hope no one would want that to happen. Maybe I could have been clearer with my wording, so as for you not to appear to misinterpret me. Anyway, it appears the £1000 draw has been a success, which is massively encouraging, so if things carry on like that, the situation shouldn't arise. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

As a Dewsbury fan I don't know of any who would wish to see the demise of any other RL club, never mind our much beloved neighbours. Local rivalry is only enjoyable when there is a local rival; without us I believe that you would be diminished, and vice versa.

Running a moderate sized Championship club is challenging, to say the least. If only success on the field could be equally matched by success off it.

• Like 8

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

You make many good points, but l cannot agree with you point regarding the removal of Kevin and the board. Further input maybe, on many levels, but l don't think it it too much of a stretch to say that if it were not for KN and the board, we might not have a club in its current shape. Like everyone else on here, l would like continued and further success, but this can only be achieved through greater financial resources - not the removal of the current board. 

I would add that your first post reveals a great deal of expertise and seemingly much to offer. Why not approach the club with these ideas and expertise? 

Edited by distantdog
  • Like 3

Joining the Bissa committee is a good way to help, or the supporters club. The club also accepts volunteers, and I guess anyone with spare money to invest could talk to Kevin? Sadly my numbers didn't come up on the Euromillions last night so I won't be having that conversation 😕

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Sometimes i totally despair. Thankfully not too often or i would pack in tomorrow.

mj1970 and Barfield lad just suddenly appear have have plenty to say. Well perhaps you could join forces and find a person with plenty of £’s who is willing to put it into the Club with no strings attached and tell them to come and speak to me. Tell them they won’t have to wait long as there isn’t a queue. 
in the meantime the present board will keep trying hard to improve and regrettably for mj1970 Beverley’s Pink Weekend will continue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mj1970 said:

Kevin asked for ideas on this thread. How else do you suggest I respond via this forum without making at least a first post?

Ideas were mentioned,but you in a  very long winded roundabout way seemed to want the whole BOD dumped and new blood brought in with with big wallets, to be honest this segment said it all for me>>>(after 45 years as a supporter I will no longer be contributing financially to the club anymore other than my entrance fee while you are in charge.) so you want change from the very top after all thats been done as a club for last 30 years,  i know we dont get everything right but theres plenty of clubs would like to swop with little old batley for sure. ideas and tweeks will do but to shoot down the whole club is more of some kind of massive axe grinding session.hope am wrong.:kolobok_download:

• Like 5

I was taken aback by comments regarding our charity so let’s put that to one side.

All other criticism I can accept and listen to and Drigdog was right I said we couldn’t be precious about criticism.

As for a new BOD then again that is a matter of criticism so a fair point although perhaps a bit surprising in my view when we are debt free, have a decent stadium and sit 4th in Championship. All the sport are suffering with low crowds which the sport is trying to address through Rfl and a new partner. Also there is no queue of wealthy individuals looking to give money to RL Clubs but if anyone thinks there are people then my only point was you find them and direct them to me to discuss.

The Club is not at risk of going under but we are losing money which will hamper our wish to be at the top of the table fighting for promotion not at the bottom fighting relegation. We are looking at ways to address that with help.

i will leave it that that for now.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, phildog said:

mj1970.. re Asian representation...have you read UNDERDOGS?

not for a while, have you got the link?.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

5 hours ago, mj1970 said:

I've never denied all the good work and achievements of Kevin and the board of the last 25 years, and have praised them for this. It would not only be foolish, but it would be disrespectful if I hadn't recognised this. But my point all the way is things going forward. Look, at the end of the day if the financial position doesn't improve significantly, then unfortunately it will start to have an affect on the field and the good work on their of the last two seasons will not last and none of us want that. Because I've come to the decision that because of off the field issues, to not contribute financially anymore to the club while Kevin is in charge has you now  insinuating/ making allegations that I'm on a massive axe grinding session. Kevin is the owner, who else's name did you expect me to put? Its only Kevin or another owner that has the power to bring about the changes to significantly increase the income streams that are required. You've no idea who I am, or know anything about me, yet you come out with this unfounded allegation. As I said in my original post I've nothing to gain or lose from a personal point whether any change takes place or it doesn't, although as a supporter I obviously hope that some way or another the finances are improved so that the good work on the field continues. You've failed to post any ideas of real substance, but instead used this thread to shoot me down. I've no issue from a personal point with Kevin, the board or anyone who go to the Mount, or anybody at all for that matter. Kevin and the board as people I've no problem. It's Kevin and the boards ability to be able to engage sufficiently with the right people to move the club to the next level. If Kevin and the board prove me wrong going forward and are able to carry on all their previous good work, by being able to improve the financial situation and bring about the changes that are needed then brilliant, there will be nobody more happier than me. If I start to see signs some of the ideas being taken on that the likes of Dogfather, Bill H, others and myself have suggested being brought into effect I may even revisit my decision to stop financial contributions and restart them again further down the line regardless of if Kevin is in charge. Kevin as a person is not the issue. I was warned right before my very first post by another forum user that there are a few sensitive souls on there, and any suggestions of real changes will be met with criticism, allegations of axes to grind and things to that effect, and lo and behold they were right. So what I'll do now is get on with my own successful career, enjoy my trips to my small villa in France, continue to go to the matches at the Mount and away, and generally just get on with my bit, because if this is what posting in response  to an appeal for ideas is met with I can't be bothered  and wont be bothered wasting my time. By the way in the midst of your allegation and post you failed to answer my question of how else did you expect me to respond to Kevin's appeal for ideas, on this thread via this forum without me making at least a first post? If you can tell me that, then I'll have to credit you with being somewhat more intelligent than many of your posts lead me to believe.

i only mentioned the first post record as it were a long one(record) but like this one its not for the content,zzzzzzzzzzzz  ENJOY YOUR VILLA.ps,dont forget to log in right account.:kolobok_download:🕵️‍♂️

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, mj1970 said:

I've never denied all the good work and achievements of Kevin and the board of the last 25 years, and have praised them for this. It would not only be foolish, but it would be disrespectful if I hadn't recognised this. But my point all the way is things going forward. Look, at the end of the day if the financial position doesn't improve significantly, then unfortunately it will start to have an affect on the field and the good work on their of the last two seasons will not last and none of us want that. Because I've come to the decision that because of off the field issues, to not contribute financially anymore to the club while Kevin is in charge has you now  insinuating/ making allegations that I'm on a massive axe grinding session. Kevin is the owner, who else's name did you expect me to put? Its only Kevin or another owner that has the power to bring about the changes to significantly increase the income streams that are required. You've no idea who I am, or know anything about me, yet you come out with this unfounded allegation. As I said in my original post I've nothing to gain or lose from a personal point whether any change takes place or it doesn't, although as a supporter I obviously hope that some way or another the finances are improved so that the good work on the field continues. You've failed to post any ideas of real substance, but instead used this thread to shoot me down. I've no issue from a personal point with Kevin, the board or anyone who go to the Mount, or anybody at all for that matter. Kevin and the board as people I've no problem. It's Kevin and the boards ability to be able to engage sufficiently with the right people to move the club to the next level. If Kevin and the board prove me wrong going forward and are able to carry on all their previous good work, by being able to improve the financial situation and bring about the changes that are needed then brilliant, there will be nobody more happier than me. If I start to see signs some of the ideas being taken on that the likes of Dogfather, Bill H, others and myself have suggested being brought into effect I may even revisit my decision to stop financial contributions and restart them again further down the line regardless of if Kevin is in charge. Kevin as a person is not the issue. I was warned right before my very first post by another forum user that there are a few sensitive souls on there, and any suggestions of real changes will be met with criticism, allegations of axes to grind and things to that effect, and lo and behold they were right. So what I'll do now is get on with my own successful career, enjoy my trips to my small villa in France, continue to go to the matches at the Mount and away, and generally just get on with my bit, because if this is what posting in response  to an appeal for ideas is met with I can't be bothered  and wont be bothered wasting my time. By the way in the midst of your allegation and post you failed to answer my question of how else did you expect me to respond to Kevin's appeal for ideas, on this thread via this forum without me making at least a first post? If you can tell me that, then I'll have to credit you with being somewhat more intelligent than many of your posts lead me to believe.

Your reasonable ideas aside, I think the idea to get rid of the BOD is where you lost most of us tbh. I would agree if we were Dewsbury fans who must look across the valley with envy at what has been delivered on and off the field in the past decade at Batley. In regards to comments on the Pink Weekend, I respect your opinion but I would look at it from a different angle. RL is just a game, not life & death, having Cancer is the opposite!

As I mentioned in a previous post BISSA is independent of the club/BOD and has raised over £200k - take a moment to think about that number and what it has helped to put directly on the field over the years it has been running. If anyone wants to help the SIX current individuals who volunteer for this organisation in developing new and innovative ways of generating money then I'm sure they would welcome it.

Peace & Love to all 

• Like 5

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

1 hour ago, mj1970 said:

My concern is what happens going forward at Batley, not what has or hasn't happened at Dewsbury. I've already fully recognised what has happened at the club  and the good work by Kevin and the board over the last 25 years never mind the last 10. As you mention Dewsbury though I would hope they could sort out their problems as well not just from the local rivalry aspect and because of the good natured banter I've have and continue to have with their supporters down the years going right back to their old Crown Flatt days, their seasons as tenants at the Mount and up to the present time, but because I believe its in the joint interest of both our clubs for both to survive. I'm of the opinion that Mark Sawyer, just like Kevin and the board will be trying his best. I've never disputed that people aren't trying their best, but there eventually comes a time when that isn't necessarily always enough anymore. That's just how it is, that's life. That's why change happens.

I did used to be a member of bissa back when my old friend Gary Coyle RIP, and others founded it, and made some reasonably generous financial contributions in the subsequent years. Since the change of a few years back though to the original constitution from where only the Head Coach could request funds to the current position of where a nominated official of the club can now request funds I could argue whether bissa is still as truly independent of the club now as it was originally.  I'm not the only one to have this doubt, and so it might explain the decline in membership of bissa from what it once was.While ever the likes of good people and very long serving supporter Fred Moland is involved though I'm prepared to give it the benefit of any doubt I might have there. Bissa used to organise some excellent events in the past i.e. Sportsman's dinners, race nights, dogfest etc, many of these events  which I attended but this doesn't seem to happen anymore for some reason. If these were to return or they were to organise any events in the future it's not to say I  wouldn't make one in and support them if anything was to catch my eye though.
Final couple of points, does the Breakfast Club still go ahead anymore? I never see it being advertised anywhere. If this was promoted couldn't it be another opportunity  to raise income and engage with people, also I never see the Cash Bonanza Lottery  being promoted anymore, we don't even publish the winning numbers on the website/facebook/twitter anymore. Through the power of websites/social media something no previous board in the club's history were fortunate to have the benefit of, it has never been easier to promote, engage and get things out there. I along with many others are astounded at why we are missing the opportunity to grasp this so many times. 

I've nothing further to suggest in reponse to the appeal by Kevin for ideas.

I think covid has played a major part in trying to organise and attend any event over the past couple of years. And 100% of any BISSA donation goes towards the players, such as the 1, 6, 7 & 9 BISSA supported this season mot into the general running of the club. I think we can bat this backwards and forwards all day, so I'll leave it there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mj1970 said:

My concern is what happens going forward at Batley, not what has or hasn't happened at Dewsbury. I've already fully recognised what has happened at the club  and the good work by Kevin and the board over the last 25 years never mind the last 10. As you mention Dewsbury though I would hope they could sort out their problems as well not just from the local rivalry aspect and because of the good natured banter I've have and continue to have with their supporters down the years going right back to their old Crown Flatt days, their seasons as tenants at the Mount and up to the present time, but because I believe its in the joint interest of both our clubs for both to survive. I'm of the opinion that Mark Sawyer, just like Kevin and the board will be trying his best. I've never disputed that people aren't trying their best, but there eventually comes a time when that isn't necessarily always enough anymore. That's just how it is, that's life. That's why change happens.

I did used to be a member of bissa back when my old friend Gary Coyle RIP, and others founded it, and made some reasonably generous financial contributions in the subsequent years. Since the change of a few years back though to the original constitution from where only the Head Coach could request funds to the current position of where a nominated official of the club can now request funds I could argue whether bissa is still as truly independent of the club now as it was originally.  I'm not the only one to have this doubt, and so it might explain the decline in membership of bissa from what it once was.While ever the likes of good people and very long serving supporter Fred Moland is involved though I'm prepared to give it the benefit of any doubt I might have there. Bissa used to organise some excellent events in the past i.e. Sportsman's dinners, race nights, dogfest etc, many of these events  which I attended but this doesn't seem to happen anymore for some reason. If these were to return or they were to organise any events in the future it's not to say I  wouldn't make one in and support them if anything was to catch my eye though.
Final couple of points, does the Breakfast Club still go ahead anymore? I never see it being advertised anywhere. If this was promoted couldn't it be another opportunity  to raise income and engage with people, also I never see the Cash Bonanza Lottery  being promoted anymore, we don't even publish the winning numbers on the website/facebook/twitter anymore. Through the power of websites/social media something no previous board in the club's history were fortunate to have the benefit of, it has never been easier to promote, engage and get things out there. I along with many others are astounded at why we are missing the opportunity to grasp this so many times. 

I've nothing further to suggest in reponse to the appeal by Kevin for ideas.

Hya mj1970, You make some really good points. On behalf of BISSA can I clarify a couple of points please.

The reason the Coach doesn't request funds anymore started when Karl Harrison took the reins,  FredM and I had a mtg and he was very blunt, he didn't want any dealings regards monies to players,that was a club thing, plus the fact he had no experience of Squadbuilder funds. So the Terms of Reference had to be changed,and was,with the approval of the membership. Exactly the same scenario occurred with John Kear,who when asked if he wanted this process changing back, was happy as it stood. Also under this agreement, monies requested have to requested,in writing,before being passed on. Monies also have to be passed this way to satisfy Inland Revenue rules. 

Regards Membership numbers,we are increasing nicely,but want more!!,and have done so steadily for the last few years. 

Regards events,we agree, Covid has not helped for the last 2 yrs or so. We are currently looking at events as we speak. 

Hope this helps clarify a few points, and will help remove any doubts you may have. 

Colin Bottomley....Chair...BISSA 

Ps, Also I'll be more than happy to meet for a coffee and have a chat. I'll be around the stall on game days,or pm me on here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

Good to see Colin offering to meet to chat with anyone as probably better meeting people face to face.

Just to confirm also i am happy to meet up with mj1970, Barfield lad or indeed anybody else or any group of people if got a spare hour and want to ask any questions about anything . If have a public forum which i know other Clubs with concerns are having eg. Bulls then i know some people do not always feel comfortable asking questions in a big group hence happy to meet in whatever size group from 1 upwards.

Tel. or text 07931230999

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I note all your comments. If don’t want to meet personally to discuss i have no issue with that.  I’ve not said we won’t have a public forum so certainly that is an option to let anyone say what they want and let people ask whatever they want.

Anyway just cooling off after another  superb win when both teams playing in that heat were phenomenal Really happy with that win now looking forward to seeing John & Dawn Kear back at the Club and another great game.

• Thanks 1