Hairnets

jroyales

7 hours ago, DaveButt said:

After we have given you a good thrashing you would have wished you had gone on a stroll in the park instead

At least there won't be any pathetic restrictions over here,the more the merrier.👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jroyales said:

This forum page is evidence of the apathy towards Oldham Rugby League Club. How sad.

Your right mate. In the past there have been false dawn's . I've been on here for a few years now and the numbers posting regularly has got smaller and smaller. It didn't help when a few years ago a few fans had a meeting with our chairman to no avail. He cancelled the subsequent meetings. People have probably just had enough and chosen to do something else or follow another club etc. Yes your right it is sad and also pretty frustrating.

• Sad 2

Thank god I'm on holiday from Friday. Can't see past a Hornets win. 

The dads army team from the otherside of the A627m will beat the lads team from our once great town. Hopefully they will perform well defend like demons and keep the score respectable.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, thecrab said:

Rugby league is a dying game and not just in oldham.  Sundays game, as long as we give it a good dig like the Swinton game we've a small chance, realistically, I'd give us 20 start.

Your right mate, sadly. As long as they're competitive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t take anything for granted. The form book can go out of the window in derbies. I’ve seen Hornets win in games I didn’t fancy our chances in and lose when I was pretty confident. I just hope it stays at 13 plays 13.

It's all about "on the day".

• Like 1

I've had a premonition and I've foreseen the result.

It may come as no surprise to say that one side will NOT be pleased with the result.

However, I'm not prepared to say which of the two sides will be the winner at this point in time.

Suffice to say that one set of fans will be very happy and the other set, won't. 

16 hours ago, ArthurO said:

I've had a premonition and I've foreseen the result.

It may come as no surprise to say that one side will NOT be pleased with the result.

However, I'm not prepared to say which of the two sides will be the winner at this point in time.

Suffice to say that one set of fans will be very happy and the other set, won't. 

It’s not beyond the bounds of possibility, given the pessimistic posts on this forum, that both sets of fans will be depressed and disappointed! Don’t worry, my friends, even if by some amazing shock we win, there’ll always be next week to have a moan about. 

• Haha 1

On 05/07/2022 at 13:27, moorside roughyed said:

At least there won't be any pathetic restrictions over here,the more the merrier.👍

Fingers crossed for a good attendance then at least the club will get a few quid out of it if nothing else 😏

On 07/07/2022 at 08:28, Anita Bath said:

I hope its Oldhams last loss of the season!

Thanks Anita, but you could be a little more generous and hope for a draw 😜

• Like 1

You get don’t many draws in this game. I remember a 10-10 draw at the old Athletic Grounds in the Challenge Cup years ago. We never bothered turning up for the replay at the ‘Sheddings. We flew Terry Fogerty back from his holidays to play in the game and he might as well have stood with me. The Oldham loose forward was M O M, the lad that died quite young, Dicky Brown ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You get don’t many draws in this game. I remember a 10-10 draw at the old Athletic Grounds in the Challenge Cup years ago. We never bothered turning up for the replay at the ‘Sheddings. We flew Terry Fogerty back from his holidays to play in the game and he might as well have stood with me. The Oldham loose forward was M O M, the lad that died quite young, Dicky Brown ?

1975 …lost replay 15-3. Brelsford scored both tries in the drawn game. Our season disintegrated after the replay losing 8 of 10 remaining games and got relegated.

I think that means we owe Oldham one. Bring it on.