Hairnets

jroyales

45 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

24-6 half time!!! Please God we don’t blow this. Please God!!!!! Please God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24-50 full time.  I'm lost for words 😒

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jackie61 said:

What the 'ell happened second half!??? Couldnt be there today but looks like Rochdale played a blinder or did we stay in the changing rooms??? 

They might as well have done 🙄

• Like 1

I've missed few home matches in 30 odd years and been to plenty away but after that I'll not be going again , from the best first half of the season to what I just witnessed which was tactically shambolic from the coaches to utterly gutless , heartless and effortless from the majority of the 17 jokers that have the nerve to describe themselves as semi pro players out on that field second half, we lost that game the minute we let in the try right after half time still 24 10 we threw in the towel and wanted not part of a battle or willing to do the basics , no excuses for that and not the first time this season your a disgrace to the shirt and the town 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Oldham 1 said:

I've missed few home matches in 30 odd years and been to plenty away but after that I'll not be going again , from the best first half of the season to what I just witnessed which was tactically shambolic from the coaches to utterly gutless , heartless and effortless from the majority of the 17 jokers that have the nerve to describe themselves as semi pro players out on that field second half, we lost that game the minute we let in the try right after half time still 24 10 we threw in the towel and wanted not part of a battle or willing to do the basics , no excuses for that and not the first time this season your a disgrace to the shirt and the town 

Unfortunately, pretty much bang on.

where is the ambition for this club?

• Sad 2

112 points conceded in the last 2 games 

this afternoon second halve rochdale scored a try every 5 minutes.

doncaster next week. 

and quite a few of you wont accept the condition this club is in

completly bankrupt from top to bottom amen.

• Like 2

What happened? to start the second half in the position we were to end up where we ended up? It beggars belief. There is a serious problem at ORLFC. How do you loose by such a margin when you were winning by such a margin? No wonder we're in the position we are. Today could've been an ideal opportunity to get people who were losing interest interested again. What in the name of god is happening. It'll be interesting to see the write up on the clubs website.😡

Edited by moorside roughyed
  • Like 2

Second half is as bad as Rugby gets I think. Absolutely gave up as soon as they went in front and Rochdale carved us up.

For Rochdale I thought Rogers was magnificent at prop and Chase and Sheridan were class again in the halves.

I thought Openshaw was class on debut but it's hard to be positive about anything else.

1 minute ago, Jackie61 said:

People are losing interest in their droves and unfortunately I am beginning to feel the same. There is no hope or ambition for the club as it currently stands

Don't blame you,for not much more money you can watch superleague. In a proper stadium and watching the best the game can provide. I'm beyond fuming.

• Like 1

Just now, m brooksy said:

Second half is as bad as Rugby gets I think. Absolutely gave up as soon as they went in front and Rochdale carved us up.

For Rochdale I thought Rogers was magnificent at prop and Chase and Sheridan were class again in the halves.

I thought Openshaw was class on debut but it's hard to be positive about anything else.

Definitely a game of two massively different halves. Don't see where we go from here.

• Sad 1

Approaching the 60 minute mark, we are 24-10 up and on attack. Penalty under sticks. Rather than take the 2, we waste the six. From the 20m rap, hornets went on the attack. Got penalty and scored in next set. Rather than being 16 points up with the ball back and running down the slope, the lead gets reduced to 8. Hornets heads go up ours down.  

Appalling  game management !

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

Approaching the 60 minute mark, we are 24-10 up and on attack. Penalty under sticks. Rather than take the 2, we waste the six. From the 20m rap, hornets went on the attack. Got penalty and scored in next set. Rather than being 16 points up with the ball back and running down the slope, the lead gets reduced to 8. Hornets heads go up ours down.  

Appalling  game management !

Hornets fan here. I thought that was the turning point as well.

I know lots of oldhamers will be disappointed but you played some great stuff in the first half. I wouldn’t criticise any of the players on either team for putting in so much effort in that heat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chiefgeneral said:

Rochdale are a better run club with more resources and therefore able to invest in the squad and it shows. MASSIVELY 

We need new ownership and a new direction

It's very strange to be winning 24-06 and lose 24-50. We'll never get a new owner because the present one won't sell and who'd buy it anyway?

• Like 2

Based on this performance, it's hard to see where the next win this season, if any, will come from.

And that includes against Cornwall !

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hornets fan here. I thought that was the turning point as well.

I know lots of oldhamers will be disappointed but you played some great stuff in the first half. I wouldn’t criticise any of the players on either team for putting in so much effort in that heat.

To lose a lead like that is baffling to say the least. Yes it was hot but it was for both teams. We seem to know how to lose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FailsworthYed said:

I think I'm done now. I thought about going then remembered how poor we are and spent a lovely afternoon on my allotment

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Certainly better than watching today's game. Enjoy your allotment mate.

• Like 1

So with 10 to go Hornets holding a slender 32-24 lead, we make a great break. Two on one. Pass out wide to the second oldham player was absolutely appalling, way forward and chance home. Chase stood over the Oldham player and laughed at him and clapped him in a totally unnecessary and ungentlemanly manner. Fight ensues, Luke Nelmes get 10 minutes and chase gets away with it. Chase should have gone with yellow card minimum and hopefully 2 games. James Bentley hit this punishment earlier this season for exactly this reason. 
That was then game over. 

As a footnote I thought the referee was really poor and made a lot of incorrect decisions. 

34 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

So with 10 to go Hornets holding a slender 32-24 lead, we make a great break. Two on one. Pass out wide to the second oldham player was absolutely appalling, way forward and chance home. Chase stood over the Oldham player and laughed at him and clapped him in a totally unnecessary and ungentlemanly manner. Fight ensues, Luke Nelmes get 10 minutes and chase gets away with it. Chase should have gone with yellow card minimum and hopefully 2 games. James Bentley hit this punishment earlier this season for exactly this reason. 
That was then game over. 

As a footnote I thought the referee was really poor and made a lot of incorrect decisions. 

Agreed the ref was grim to say the least. Very poor quality. But again to surrender a lead like that. Can someone explain that to me because I can't understand it.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

That was then game over. 

Hang on mate the “ fight “ ( handbags really ) ensued after an Oldham player ran twenty yards to push an Hornets player in the back. Pretty pointless thing to do really, especially at that time in the game.

I don’t like to see the taunting of other players but they’re all it. Patting them on the back when they knock on, ruffling their hair when they drop a high ball etc. Maybe they should yellow card the offenders but at the moment “ laughing and clapping “ isn’t breaking any rules.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2