Young Jack Walker..

Has gone on loan to Hull FC :

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/three-players-leeds-rhinos-could-look-to-sign-following-jack-walker-decision-55607/

"Hull FC are a massive club and I've come here to win things" 

(Is one thing he didn't say)

• Haha 8
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Can you believe owt it says, can't even report facts. Last time I looked it was Handley that scored 5 tries not Myler.

26 minutes ago, DavidM said:

He’ll be Young Jack Walker looking a lot older by the time he comes back 

Ullman dropped me a text suggesting the very same!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, DavidM said:

His name is Young Jack Walker 

Absolutely!

It's one of the most sacred rules of the forum.

• Haha 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Longstaff too. Will be interested to see how he does, as Powell says he needs more work on his game to get picked over an underperforming Currie / Holmes.

• Like 1

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

FC not got anyone in their Academy?

They get poached by Rovers.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Walker was a great player, had the potential to be the absolute best in the league before being laid low by injuries. Look at his performances in games like the 2017 Grand Final and you can see what a talent he was.

At the moment he simply can't get back in the Leeds team due to Myler and Hardaker so a move to a top(ish) club with the prospect of game time is really valuable. Hopefully if he can stay fit he can give us all some clues about whether the injuries have robbed him of the earlier promise. When he played earlier this season he still looked competent enough despite not quite being fully fit so I'm optimistic. Certainly I wouldn't be happy if he was going to another club full time just yet.

• Like 3

He's improved already just by putting that shirt on...

291735053_5558757717511834_1984885270839099003_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x395&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Av1rILZPrZsAX-tNR1a&_nc_ht=scontent.fhuy1-1.fna&oh=00_AT8OU5MtScapbzFq9dQlvJy2FRXvFxaU5N9xzuq6uKEihA&oe=62CC259A

On 05/07/2022 at 17:59, DavidM said:

Not to be confused with Young Tonumaipea

Or Mighty Joe Young who I thought had real promise in the front row if he could get a grip on his discipline problems.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

23 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Or Mighty Joe Young who I thought had real promise in the front row if he could get a grip on his discipline problems.

Funnily enough I was watching that the other day . If ever there was a fullback trapped in a burning building during a match ( unlikely but stay with me here ) he’d be your man to sort it 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

Wish people did not say, Young whoever. Copying the idiots on tv.

Apologies but far from copying the idiots on TV I was actually taking the p*55.

• Haha 2