Haven at home

HP Beans

Looking forward to Sundays game. Whitehaven away was a tough game and we actually lost the second. Although the weather conditions were shocking. If we are wanting a top 6 finish a win on Sunday is a must really.
I’m going for Barrow 30-16 Whitehaven, Stack first try scorer and crowd 3k+. I just think we will have too much for them. That being said I have been wrong before and Whitehaven are playing better at the moment. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Wandering pete said:

..and then there were none..now that Catalan have recalled le Cam and Rouge (to cover suspensions) and with Cozza's departure and Hakim's ban there will sadly be no French influence on the Cumbrian derby..Quel Dommage

Fromage a pate dure!

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Great 2nd half today after a tight opening 40 against a pretty toothless Whitehaven.  Good to see Barrow open up after grinding it out for a while. Would love to see Costello signed up on a permanent deal. 

• Like 4

I thought Haven were very good first 40 and probably deserved to go in with the lead based on the performance. 

Second half we ran riot. 

If we win 2 of the next 3 I can't see us not making the play offs. 

1 hour ago, RLDB said:

Great 2nd half today after a tight opening 40 against a pretty toothless Whitehaven.  Good to see Barrow open up after grinding it out for a while. Would love to see Costello signed up on a permanent deal. 

Costello is a cracking centre with bags of pace. I thought Burke played well as well.  Another great result and hope we can play as well next week 😁

Edited by RawlinsonRaider
  • Like 1

Thought that we were very good in the 2nd half today. 1st half had too many penalties, once we cut those out we showed what a good team we are. Matt Costello was a thoroughly deserved man of the match would love to see him stay with us for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

I thought that we were going to blow them away after the first 5 mins as we shot into the 10 nil lead.

Haven dug in a little,buoyed by some good support from the Hindpool road end and went toe to toe with us for the rest of the first half,there was a definite knock on in the lead up to their only try of the game.

Second half was a different story as we ran riot through the middle and the right hand side where Singleton was defending,Costello had a field day.

Costello was deffo MOM today and showed his quality,I’m not convinced he is the answer for us though as he was quite easily pushed aside v Fax.

Very disappointed in the Haven supporters in the second half,they went very quiet for the first 20mins of the second half and for the second 20mins proceeded to abuse the Raiders players every time they reset after our tries and feed the seagulls,I’m guessing they were bored.

Cannot really blame them to be honest,only ex Raiders players Walker and Dawson came out with any credit from I saw.

Some of the so called fans and officials from that club need a look in the mirror in the morning,it was embarrasssing.

Up the Raiders

Edited by HP Beans
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Sorry for intruding. What's happened to Danny langtree?

Recovering from a torn bicep I believe,he’s had a bit of bad luck since he signed but looks a class act to me when he has played

• Like 1

I’m in the UK atm so took a party of nine to their first ever RL game Barrow v Haven & the American lads were blown away by the heavy hits & athleticism on show, They were gobsmacked when I informed them that a couple of the Barra lads were getting in a car to drive for 90 mins to start a night shift up at Sellafield straight after.

What was the attendance?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

I’m in the UK atm so took a party of nine to their first ever RL game Barrow v Haven & the American lads were blown away by the heavy hits & athleticism on show, They were gobsmacked when I informed them that a couple of the Barra lads were getting in a car to drive for 90 mins to start a night shift up at Sellafield straight after.

What was the attendance?

• Thanks 1

1st half Haven dragged us into an ugly one man rugby show...2nd half we totally blew them away and our forwards easily overan theirs.

As for some of their so called "supporters" they were vile and an embarressment to their club

• Like 1

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

1 hour ago, morty said:

1st half Haven dragged us into an ugly one man rugby show...2nd half we totally blew them away and our forwards easily overan theirs.

As for some of their so called "supporters" they were vile and an embarressment to their club

It was a hot day and their cup final, bound to make them them a bit giddy. It was interesting seeing quite a few of the younger Haven fans all go into a toilet cubicle together when I was having a slash, that probably explains some of the obnoxious behavior.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, morty said:

Full credit to our stewards who really had their work cut out for them with that noisy rabble of young lads hiding at the back behind the decent Haven fans. Three of them got chucked out before a ball was kicked! 

I suppose it's a case of not being entertained by what you're watching on the pitch and having to make your own "fun". 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mickmike wilson said:

What was the attendance?

Now that's commitment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave W said:

Full credit to our stewards who really had their work cut out for them with that noisy rabble of young lads hiding at the back behind the decent Haven fans. Three of them got chucked out before a ball was kicked! 

I suppose it's a case of not being entertained by what you're watching on the pitch and having to make your own "fun". 

Same at the Haven v Town match haven fans (not all by the way just young lads) throwing beer over Town fans and shouting abuse at players when they was very young Haven and Town fans near by 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2