tom johnstone signs for

2 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Rather them than my club. I don’t rate him anywhere near as highly as some clearly do. Maybe playing in a better side will change my mind on him. 

lets hope so- who would have any self respect hanging round belle vue these days if they were a top talent? just to make up the numbers so wakey can collect their sky money season after season - good luck to the lad and lets hope to see him in some finals and collect some silverware with a club with "ambition" - a word thats not in the dictionary at belle vue 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

lets hope so- who would have any self respect hanging round belle vue these days if they were a top talent? just to make up the numbers so wakey can collect their sky money season after season - good luck to the lad and lets hope to see him in some finals and collect some silverware with a club with "ambition" - a word thats not in the dictionary at belle vue 

This as well 100% ^^^^

17 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Rather them than my club. I don’t rate him anywhere near as highly as some clearly do. Maybe playing in a better side will change my mind on him. 

Interesting that you need to see him in a better team to make a judgement call on his ability.

Personally, I think his talent is obvious but maybe it will be even more so in a top of the table team... he does have a significantly better try to game ratio than Tommy Makinson (for example) so maybe he will be a superstar. 

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Dunbar said:

Interesting that you need to see him in a better team to make a judgement call on his ability.

Personally, I think his talent is obvious but maybe it will be even more so in a top of the table team... he does have a significantly better try to game ratio than Tommy Makinson (for example) so maybe he will be a superstar. 

I don’t dispute he can finish. I don’t believe he’s as good defensively as others. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I don’t dispute he can finish. I don’t believe he’s as good defensively as others. 

Yes, that is the go to argument when criticising a winger.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The odd thing is these things don't apply in reverse if we say about players like Percival and Grace and how they'd fare in weaker teams.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

The odd thing is these things don't apply in reverse if we say about players like Percival and Grace and how they'd fare in weaker teams.

thats got me thinking - imagine how bad Williams and Widdop would look at wakey

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

better training conditions and facilities- better weather - good team of physios and conditioners = will be the making of him - your surroundings can bring you down all too easily 

Your hate is off the charts. Relax. We get it.

Edited by Trojan Horse
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

Probably because, y’know, high quality players in their peaks don’t tend to move to lesser clubs. 

16 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Yes, that is the go to argument when criticising a winger.

Exactly. Anyone who’s watched TJ will know there have been improvements in this area. He’s no more a liability than most other SL wingers especially when exposed to 2/3 on 1s. 

IMO TJ’s only downside is he’s played about 50% or slightly more of games this last 2 years. His ability is not in doubt. I’ve seen him almost single handedly change the game with some long range try’s beating 4+ men he has no right to do. This imo is where he is marginally better than Makinson. Johnstone’s metres and busts running it out are very good too. 

That’s not me putting down Makinson. He is an excellent wing man and the best in the league but does often benefit from a lot of space made to him. Johnstone has to score on a 50p piece and make his own mostly. 

i do believe that if he gets past a few annoying injuries in the sun on a hard pitch he will no doubt prove to be an excellent winger. There’s an element of gamble but they have Yaha and Davies. It’s one they can take. 

I will watch Catalan games just to see him such is his X factor.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

Your hate is off the charts. Relax. We get it.

have always championed wakey and wanted them to do well for the past 30 years - always had a soft spot for them - but its like watching a repeat offender going back to jail watching them slip into the bottom 4 midseason after midseason - no hate here at all 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

have always championed wakey and wanted them to do well for the past 30 years - always had a soft spot for them - but its like watching a repeat offender going back to jail watching them slip into the bottom 4 midseason after midseason - no hate here at all 

Okay but in the last 5 years wakey have finished 5th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 10th. 

The past 2 seasons haven’t been very good but we have added some value and earned our survival. If Toulouse win more than trinity and get relegated I will accept that because then and only then do we deserve to be relegated.

it’s not perfect but there are 12 million + plans starting imminently. There has been a lot of effort within the club. Of that you do realise trinity have had to fork out 1.5 mill + (can’t remember exact figure) whilst trying to better their facilities. We’ve had to cut the cloth.

Yes it’s not a desirable club currently but the club are absolutely trying their best to raise the bar. 

Add to this the club has improved over the last few years and have an Elite licence with some really promising young lads currently in the team or on loan developing.

if you check the trinity community page they’re constantly providing a very good service on the community side. It may not be the best advertised though. I can accept your opinion but there is alot that not all opposition fans may be aware of.

Edited by Trojan Horse
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

Okay but in the last 5 years wakey have finished 5th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 10th. 

The past 2 seasons haven’t been very good but we have added some value and earned our survival. If Toulouse win more than trinity and get relegated I will accept that because then and only then do we deserve to be relegated.

it’s not perfect but there are 12 million + plans starting imminently. There has been a lot of effort within the club. Of that you do realise trinity have had to fork out 1.5 mill + (can’t remember exact figure) whilst trying to better their facilities. We’ve had to cut the cloth.

Yes it’s not a desirable club currently but the club are absolutely trying their best to raise the bar. 

Add to this the club has improved over the last few years and have an Elite licence with some really promising young lads currently in the team or on loan developing.

if you check the trinity community page they’re constantly providing a very good service on the community side. It may not be the best advertised though. I can accept your opinion but there is alot that not all opposition fans may be aware of.

dont dispute any thing you have said there  but at the min for a talented player in their mid 20s they dont have the luxury of time to hang around at belle vue if they want to be a star of the sport 

Advice to Wakefield from Odsal

Watch these and make your mind up:

1.  Dec Patton ... he's a deadeye kicker out of hand and off the tee ... the best we've had since Paul Deacon.

2. Chester Butler ... a ball playing second row with a turn of pace.

3. George Flanagan Junior (not seen him myself) is apparently really something as a halfback.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

3 hours ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

At least it’s settled now we can sign some new players for next season.

Andrew Fifita maybe,don’t want your physio’s slacking when Johnstone goes.

• Haha 1

Wonder where this leaves Yaha and Davies in a world where TJ stays fit, both Langi and Whare out of contract with the latter almost certain to go so a move to centre for one could be on the cards I guess.

9 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

dont dispute any thing you have said there  but at the min for a talented player in their mid 20s they dont have the luxury of time to hang around at belle vue if they want to be a star of the sport 

Yes and I think that’s why he’s gone. He says he wants to win a grand final. Who can blame him. He won’t do that with trinity in the short term till they get their house in order. 

12 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

some more players who are just good enough to keep you off the foot of the table for yet another season  but nothing more ambitious ? - get lost wakey - your time is done 

Give over he is out of contract its his choice been a great servant to Wakefield and the club have stood by him with some awful ACL and concussion injuries its time to part 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

Give over he is out of contract its his choice been a great servant to Wakefield and the club have stood by him with some awful ACL and concussion injuries its time to part 

Yes Trinity have repaid his loyalty over the years by supporting him through his injuries/rehab. It has been great for both parties and he has scored some absolutely memorable tries.

Good luck to the lad, I'm sure Wakefield will put the saving to good use. Hopefully a really big upgrade for the other young winger or he will be off too. Great prospect.

17 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Advice to Wakefield from Odsal

Watch these and make your mind up:

1.  Dec Patton ... he's a deadeye kicker out of hand and off the tee ... the best we've had since Paul Deacon.

2. Chester Butler ... a ball playing second row with a turn of pace.

3. George Flanagan Junior (not seen him myself) is apparently really something as a halfback.

Flanagan's attitude and disciplinary says he should be nowhere near a SL side.

2 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Flanagan's attitude and disciplinary says he should be nowhere near a SL side.

"Junior"

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Class player, hopefully the change in environment will give hime some better luck with injury. He won't be doing quite so much of the donkey work playing for Catalans and they will no doubt use him where he is most effective as opposed to driving the ball out of the 20 before being smashed by 2-3 forwards. Injury free he will be top try scorer in 2023.