£1000 DRAW.

barfieldlad

it was number 🏉  564   🏉 , he came onto the pitch for his £1.000

Edited by RPH
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

well done.....

we need to know how people are finding out there is a draw up and running, so we can focus on that outlet next time round. 

over 150 tickets sold on Saturday. what sparked the rush?.

Edited by RPH
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

We did it on the pitch at half time. We put all purchases in order 1- 1,000 and used a random number selector to pick 564 which we knew was Will Linley as we had a list and then Will came forward from the crowd.

We will do another official one when we announce  the next £1,000 draw.

The user mj1970 has been banned from this forum and their posts removed.

We will not tolerate anyone using forums hosted by League Publications Ltd to post personal or potentially libellous comments about others, especially when using an anonymous pseudonym themselves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

mj1970 as you don’t give your name i have no idea whether you have ever made a mistake that you could be criticised for whether major or minor which is one advantage you have.

As far as the fault of not publicising the winner of our draw then i suppose you have a point for anybody who bought a ticket but was not there. I was going to do a video today but i have been unable to and i have some further work tomorrow so will maybe get it out some other way. The half time draw was published as it was not claimed but it now has been.

Presumably as you did not buy any tickets because of your withdrawal of support it did not affect you much in either draw.

As for some people not coming to support us since 2003 due to my attitude then not sure what to say. If there is enough of you i am happy to listen to your frustrations  in a face to face meeting or always listen to a bid to take over if appropriate but if you won’t meet up not sure what i can do.

As for trying to attack my character and conduct as a solicitor that is unnecessary. There is no dishonesty there so not sure of relevance and that issue is over with so i will not get into any discussion further but you have tried to embarrass me for no good reason.

i have practiced as a solicitor running my own firm since January 1989 and still do but from home only for people i know. I closed my office in Manchester when i sold the building and had thousands of old files to destroy and i paid a third party to do that. During that process a handful of files somehow found their way into a waste bin near the rear of my offices which clearly they should not have done. Luckily one person found them and handed them to a newspaper who could not then pass them into the wrong hands so nothing worse happened. The paper printed an embarrassing article. In truth  i had no idea how they got into the bin as clearly i did not put them there but suspect a box was stolen from the rear of a van taking the files away and when the thief then believed them to be worthless put them in the nearest bin.It was investigated by the authorities and no action was taken against me. That was the end ot it. It was my responsibility but a third party either momentarily forgot to lock the van they were loading or for some reason put a box in a bin but took all the others to destroy them.

i will say no more but it was regretable  and embarrassing at the time but hardly something to attack me for linked to running the Club.

If there are anymore personal attacks rather than criticism about running the Club then have the decency to put your real name to it but hopefully it is just mj1970 who for some reason i have upset. 
Anyway onto the Bash. Looking forward to this weekend.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

The only person who should be embarrassed around here is the person that can't stand the fact that hardly anyone agrees with them and so resorts to personal attacks. 

Let's see which new alias they come up with next time.....

Edited by BatleyBird
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Why anyone who supposedly is a fan of the club could come out with this bile ,is unbelievable.

I reckon a few people in Batley would like to know the persons real name.

completely agree 

the fella is a grade one 🔔🔚

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.