Leigh sign...........

22 minutes ago, Scubby said:

These are great signings for Leigh going forward to SL next year (assuming they win the GF). The big challenge will be filling out those other slots with quality federation trained players. Picking over the bones of Wakefield or Toulouse just isn't going to cut it. They will need some quality in that pack or the talent in the backline will be irrelevant.

I have said this many times on here, DB has taken an expensive risk by creating a side stacked with overseas players and, as a consequence, not eligible for SL. However, if it pays off, it is a lot easier to slim down a strong firing squad in the few weeks before SL 2023 than try and build one from scratch. Good luck to them.

Word is still out that the last overseas spot will be Bevan French, Wigan have reacted I believe with offering him a contract extension but he is yet to accept it, obviously he would be a Marquee player at Leigh so would the personal offer for him outbid Wigan's?

I have faith in Mr Lam to be able to furnish the squad with better player's than any promoted club as yet been able to cobble together with Fed trained player's.

Just now, The Future is League said:

Obviously other Super League and NRL clubs don't think so

Their loss. His form speaks for itself. And to be fair so does his attitude judging by when he was running the water on shortly after he arrived and was clearly giving advice to the young players etc 

Just now, The Future is League said:

Obviously other Super League and NRL clubs don't think so

No one wanted Jackson Hastings either before he ended up at Salford. There are many reasons why clubs wouldn't/couldn't put an offer in especially in the UK - wage demands, lack of quota spots etc. Ultimately, it doesn't matter and caring about things like that is for the more insecure types. More fool them.

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Their loss. His form speaks for itself. And to be fair so does his attitude judging by when he was running the water on shortly after he arrived and was clearly giving advice to the young players etc 

Timing is everything. Leigh have essentially offered an olive branch to a player who was squeezed out of the NRL and then had messed up in Japan. People react to that in two ways and Ferguson has seen it as a second chance to redeem his reputation and finish his career strongly.

Anybody doubting this guy's class does not know RL. On his day he has been world class. His inconsistency sometimes, and going off the rails, has been his downfall. If his head is right he will tear it up in SL.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

His form in the championship you mean

See below

28 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Timing is everything. Leigh have essentially offered an olive branch to a player who was squeezed out of the NRL and then had messed up in Japan. People react to that in two ways and Ferguson has seen it as a second chance to redeem his reputation and finish his career strongly.

Anybody doubting this guy's class does not know RL. On his day he has been world class. His inconsistency sometimes, and going off the rails, has been his downfall. If his head is right he will tear it up in SL.

Spot on. His workrate is incredible with the pressure he takes off the forwards early in the tackle count. 

22 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

C'mon Future man please inform us where in England is your actual location? Why all the cloack and dagger stuff?

Why would that matter?

new rise.jpg

If any other team in the UK signed Ferguson their fans would be made up. The future is league is the kind of mate who if you showed him you’re new car he’d take great pleasure in showing you a scratch.

• Haha 1

Many have had a chuckle at Leigh as they are certainly a unique club.

However, a set of overseas signings for 2023 that includes Ipape, MacDonald, Lam, Ferguson, Amone and Asiata is among the best group of non-Fed in SL. I really don't think there can be much argument about that.

It is one thing to sign them, but to retain them and get them to buy into the vision is a great achievement from the club. All they need to do now is to not blow it on the big day!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

However, a set of overseas signings for 2023 that includes Ipape, MacDonald, Lam, Ferguson, Amone and Asiata is among the best group of non-Fed in SL. I really don't think there can be much argument about that.

It is one thing to sign them, but to retain them and get them to buy into the vision is a great achievement from the club. All they need to do now is to not blow it on the big day!

Very true and i think a lot of the credit should go to Lam and Chester for that. Many were wondering at the start of the season whether Leigh would go the same way as 2018 when the team was nothing more than a group of talented individuals with no real cohesion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Being the way this season has panned out the final should be at the LSV - even if they lose to Fev tomorrow, I can't see a second loss happening - but whoever we play it is still the proverbial two horse race, a knock on, bounce of the ball, ref's call all manner of things could affect the result, I for one will be nervous all the day of the GF up to the final whistle, then I will go for a few pints either to celebrate or drown my sorrows, I hope it is the former, if it is I can't wait for the roller coaster ride of 2023.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Being the way this season has panned out the final should be at the LSV - even if they lose to Fev tomorrow, I can't see a second loss happening - but whoever we play it is still the proverbial two horse race, a knock on, bounce of the ball, ref's call all manner of things could affect the result, I for one will be nervous all the day of the GF up to the final whistle, then I will go for a few pints either to celebrate or drown my sorrows, I hope it is the former, if it is I can't wait for the roller coaster ride of 2023.

Spare a thought for my son.  In a fit of stupidity, he's booked a holiday flying out on GF day.  His flight takes off at roughly 1/2 time.  He'll have 5 hours flying to Turkey, sweating on the result.

(Assuming we get there, of course.)

18 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Spare a thought for my son.  In a fit of stupidity, he's booked a holiday flying out on GF day.  His flight takes off at roughly 1/2 time.  He'll have 5 hours flying to Turkey, sweating on the result.

And he will have a long time to celebrate or be miserable, but he can do that in comfort!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

I trust as a loving father you wouldn't wind him up by texting an incorrect scoreline

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just curios, with the long list of topics he comments on I would like to know if he has an affiliation to anyone in particular.

I pull up certain clubs for obvious reason.

###### grounds. Lack of junior development and taking the easy way out by signing has been's and never was players from the NRL

Now if a club has a decent ground and decent junior development they have the thumbs up from me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I trust as a loving father you wouldn't wind him up by texting an incorrect scoreline

I've already taken the mickey mercilessly over him booking it in the first place.

If by some miracle we win, he's definitely getting spammed with videos of the celebrations.

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

You can get Wi-Fi on planes now.