Fri 8th-Sun 10th Jul: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes I know Fev have plenty of grunt up front, did they last the distance though or run out of steam as the game progressed? Surprised that you state the Broncos were the better team in the backs though.

100% far better Harry not that impressed by Fev they won through sheer power up front.

Back play lines and shape of the Broncos fielding many locals really good.

Paul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Good game at London difference was the Rovers grunt up front.

Broncos backs far better .

Paul

I think the opposite. There was some right shifts from some of the Broncos forwards, I felt the backs let them down.The fev back three were absolutely outstanding, all would have had 12+ carries,I don't think anyone of the Broncos backs had that work rate.

A nice battle between Grant and Leilua in the centres.

Broncos wing,Ulberg getting sin binned was costly, Fev ran in a few tries which shut the game down in that period.

I’m in the UK atm so took a party of nine to their first ever RL game Barrow v Haven & the American lads were blown away by the heavy hits & athleticism on show, They were gobsmacked when I informed them that a couple of the Barra lads were getting in a car to drive for 90 mins to start a night shift up at Sellafield straight after.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Broncos wing,Ulberg getting sin binned was costly, Fev ran in a few tries which shut the game down in that period.

IIRC both sides scored a try in his absence.

First time I've been back since the first game debacle and only because the lad persuaded me (esp as I'd been to Newcastle the day before !) and I feared the worst, but I have to say the team look totally different in terms of commitment and effort. Clunky at times but on the whole well done Broncos. I always felt Featherstone had another gear but very positive.

• Like 2

I saw London play at Dewsbury and thought their backs played well,not much wrong with their attacking game.But they do need to improve the defence which is all over the place at times.My score prediction was 16-42 so they did better than thought.London are better than the other 3 teams at the bottom .As for Fev we have an unsettled side at present mainly due to injuries so if we just keep winning we may have a stronger line up for the play offs.

3 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

IIRC both sides scored a try in his absence.

First time I've been back since the first game debacle and only because the lad persuaded me (esp as I'd been to Newcastle the day before !) and I feared the worst, but I have to say the team look totally different in terms of commitment and effort. Clunky at times but on the whole well done Broncos. I always felt Featherstone had another gear but very positive.

Fev scored 3 tries to London's 1 in the sinbinning time im fairly sure.