Sat 9th Jul: SL-MW: St Helens v Wigan Warriors KO 16:45 (Sky)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/22 at 16:15

I know this is blasphemy but Welsby has come up with a lot of poor options this half.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I know this is blasphemy but Welsby has come up with a lot of poor options this half.

He’s a great player but he’s not an international level halfback at this stage of his career 

2 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

Unless the rule has changed?

He doesn’t, because at the moment he kicks it, there’s a saints player within 10 metres in a position to receive the ball, so there’s no opportunity to play Powell back inside, as the offence is immediate on the kick. 

if he’d kicked it 5m further back, or the saints defenders had been 5m further towards their own line, there’d have been time/space to play him onside. 

Edited by Roy Haggerty

2 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

Unless the rule has changed?

I think it has. Don’t think you can be played onside now.

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

9 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Which is exactly why he isn’t ready to be an international halfback. He has great moments but is still learning his trade and makes a lot of poor choices still. 

13 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

You can say that about the worlds greatest player.

4 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Also there was no one attempting to catch/receive the ball, as you heard the VR asking for that.

Weird one.

They’ve Ruled there was penalty given for being within ten. 

8 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

He’s a great player but he’s not an international level halfback at this stage of his career 

Exactly, we are going to get a lot of hot and cold from him in the halves. You have to learn to play there - particularly with options and kicking game.

I would get him in the centres for England. He can play anywhere but better out of the spine in the WC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, verbatim said:

Should it not have been a penalty to Wigan for offside. The Saints player challenging for the ball with Cust touches it, then there's another Saints player in front of him as Bateman kicks it?

No as the ball was judged to go backwards off Batchaler

Blimey Saints are dreadful, two pointless kicks early into the tackle count in the first twenty mins and Roby has an obsession with doing a little grubber near the opponents line which hardly ever pays off. It’s not been a classic, and i do wonder if Woolf is watching the same match as myself. Hurrell has got hands like “Roy Munson - King Pin”. We need a rocket up our backsides because we have hardly caused Wigan any bother. 

11 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Exactly, we are going to get a lot of hot and cold from him in the halves. You have to learn to play there - particularly with options and kicking game.

I would get him in the centres for England. He can play anywhere but better out of the spine in the WC.

Maybe he’s a 14 if he can fill various spots ?

• Like 1

Eff my old boots, that was a beauty!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson