Fax away.

spanishknight

24 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

I think you should give Fax a bit more credit. That 15 minutes of defence before half time was excellent. Also if you want to improve you should be looking to offload PP sharpish.  Up The Fax ❗🏉

I said earlier, there is no doubt Fax are a good side, and yes they defended very well. My point is that York were so one dimensional, it made defending easier than it should be against a potential play off opponent.

Edited by HaxbyKnight
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

I think you should give Fax a bit more credit. That 15 minutes of defence before half time was excellent. Also if you want to improve you should be looking to offload PP sharpish.  Up The Fax ❗🏉

Fax are a very good team. They deserve much credit for digging deep, laying their bodies on the line. Best of luck in the Grand Final😉 but against which other team?

13 hours ago, Puk said:

What's happened to the commentary on radio York,surely a big game like this would be on the radio.

Apologies, we were there but only DAB and online last night..

12 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

When you don't find touch from a penalty and the opposition go the length of the field to score, questions have to be asked. Embarrassing  tonight. 

Miss touch from a penalty, then give away a set restart, then get pinged for offside. How to go backwards at a rate of knots....🤔

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

We are not creating any space for anybody to run in to  and that has to be down to the half backs, and no matter who is playing there, they are not doing what they should. The better sides in the league find it easy to defend against us. 

spot on, we create no space what so ever, how many tries have our wingers scored this year? hardly any i can remember, not cos they are pants but cos they have zero space to run into. time and again this year we have seen edwards get the ball with a foot or two between himself and the line and hes not even on the outside. our line do not engage the defensive players, do not draw anyone in and good sides just sit and wait for us as we slide the ball out and achieve nothing.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Nearenough said:

how many tries have our wingers scored this year? hardly any i can remember,

Wingers:

Joe Brown 8

Will Oakes 3

AJ Towse 6

Brad Ward 2

Centres:

James Glover 8

Levi Edwards 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

20 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Wingers:

Joe Brown 8

Will Oakes 3

AJ Towse 6

Brad Ward 2

Centres:

James Glover 8

Levi Edwards 3

Thanks, but hardly breaking any records are we , as said before our halfbacks just don't work , our pack is one of the best in this division and our backs are capable as said when given space , different tactics or different half's it really is that simple.

• Like 1

I know this will be unpopular but i can't help but feel that any flair and individualism is gradually coached out of the halves we have at our disposal. The only half that has had the character to resist that over recent years was Ben Cockayne.

• Like 1

I know young Dean didn’t set the world alight last year, but I know the lad and he was instructed to just boot it on the fifth tackle every time and not try anything off the cuff. Strange that he’s got another two year contract at Warrington yet Ford didn’t rate him? So good enough to deputise for Widdop and Williams, but not to play for us.

• Like 2

Haven't we just won 10 out of 11 games and beaten for the first time away from home this season so things shouldn't be all dome and gloom and i have said i in a previous thread last years squad probably had a bigger wage bill than this season squad and most of them never turned up for the first half of the season,obviously we have issues at halfback and have been running with one hooker for the last few weeks,but maybe no money to bring in any new players you would have to ask the chairman or get David Ward to ask Fordy if any more money is available to bring anybody in.Would

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonT said:

The only half that has had the character to resist that over recent years was Ben Cockayne.

We were playing in League 1. Dead easy to play off the cuff and run round trying stuff when your playing in that division.

Halifax we’re outstanding in defence the other night, as we’re Barrow, while we were off in attack in both games.  Against Whitehaven we didn’t seem to be playing 1 man rugby and there was plenty of off the cuff stuff from the halves & wingers scoring spectacular tries, same against Widnes & Newcastle, plus others. We’ve beaten Batley already and we’re (almost) guaranteed play offs but for a massive capitulation and we were safe from relegation months ago - not long back we’d have given our right nuts for that. 

Big improvements needed though if we’re to challenge the top 2/3 in this division but that will always be the case until we can start chucking daft cash around.

Certainly not time for freaking out and reminiscing about Riley Dean yet ffs. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

35 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

We were playing in League 1. Dead easy to play off the cuff and run round trying stuff when your playing in that division.

Halifax we’re outstanding in defence the other night, as we’re Barrow, while we were off in attack in both games.  Against Whitehaven we didn’t seem to be playing 1 man rugby and there was plenty of off the cuff stuff from the halves & wingers scoring spectacular tries, same against Widnes & Newcastle, plus others. We’ve beaten Batley already and we’re (almost) guaranteed play offs but for a massive capitulation and we were safe from relegation months ago - not long back we’d have given our right nuts for that. 

Big improvements needed though if we’re to challenge the top 2/3 in this division but that will always be the case until we can start chucking daft cash around.

Mikey Lewis was the best half back we had, albeit on loan, but Fordy played him at full back!

2 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

I know young Dean didn’t set the world alight last year, but I know the lad and he was instructed to just boot it on the fifth tackle every time and not try anything off the cuff. Strange that he’s got another two year contract at Warrington yet Ford didn’t rate him? So good enough to deputise for Widdop and Williams, but not to play for us.

Fully agree , Riley was one of the best half's we've had , would jump at the chance to have him back

• Confused 2

Results are irrelevant now as we all know whose competing in the final to go up , its more about playing with a bit of structure , entertaining the crowd and making better plans for next season , up the kneets😀😀😀

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

I wasn’t reminiscing about Dean, I was making the point about instructions to boot on the fifth. Do you want a few more truths  about the way a young lad making his way in the game was treated off the field by the club? No, thought not. No criticism allowed in your world. 

7 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

I wasn’t reminiscing about Dean, I was making the point about instructions to boot on the fifth. Do you want a few more truths  about the way a young lad making his way in the game was treated off the field by the club? No, thought not. No criticism allowed in your world. 

Criticise all you like but if people disagree they should be able to say. I thought Riley was bang average at York, did some daft stuff in attack that put us under pressure and was poor in defence, seemed to sulk and needed to grow up a bit. Due to injuries last year to key players, York were probably asking too much of him but he’ll be a decent player with a controlling half alongside him. Didn’t break any pots at Dewsbury either. 

Best of luck to the kid though, he’s got a 2 year deal at Warrington for a reason so there’s definitely something in him but he’s no Lee Briers. 

Not getting into an argument about a loan player, but young lads in Mikey Lewis & Aidan McGowan for instance absolutely loved their time at York as have most who did what was asked of them. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Looks like Fax will have 5 players banned from the Knights game.

That’s shocking. 5 bans should equate 5 cards on the day. Was the ref even there

• Like 2

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

41 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Looks like Fax will have 5 players banned from the Knights game.

True S

Matt Gee (Halifax) - Grade B  Dangerous Contact - 1 Match Penalty Notice

Ben Kavanagh (Halifax) - Grade B Dangerous Contact - 1 Match Penalty Notice

Kevin Larroyer (Halifax) - Grade C Dangerous Throw - 2 Match Penalty Notice

Matt Gee (Halifax) - Grade D Dangerous Contact - Refer to Tribunal

Ed Barber (Halifax) - Grade B Dangerous Contact - 1 Match Penalty Notice