Half Backs

Yorkie-Girl

Good point By Nige Arro about opposing half backs pulling us to pieces as happened against Barrow. Halifax next with Keyes and Jouffret to contend with. 

I still don't know which combination of our three O'Hagen, Harris or Ellis, when all fit, is best for the team, thoughts anyone

• Like 1

BOH and Harris for me all day long.  Jamie Ellis doesn't possess the running threat of these two, some of his distribution has looked a bit laboured to my eyes, and the kicking out of hand has not really challenged defences of late  and been very predictable.

Perhaps it's because of where we've been ending our sets, but I've been disappointed this year that more cross-field kicks haven't been used to exploit Joe Brown's aerial ability......

Not keen on the idea of Harris going to FB - Myles has proved himself a capable deputy, and deserves a run-out in the absence of MM.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, RBKnight said:

Not keen on the idea of Harris going to FB - Myles has proved himself a capable deputy, and deserves a run-out in the absence of MM.

Myles has been great when he's stepped in but I think Harris would offer more in attack , fordy knows at such a young age there's a lot to work on yet .

On 07/07/2022 at 19:37, Yorkie-Girl said:

Good point By Nige Arro about opposing half backs pulling us to pieces as happened against Barrow. Halifax next with Keyes and Jouffret to contend with. 

I still don't know which combination of our three O'Hagen, Harris or Ellis, when all fit, is best for the team, thoughts anyone

none of em.

harris is ok at times but he seems to lose confidence when things dont go right, when hes full of confidence and buzzing then hes a cracking player but there isnt the consistency.

the other two just dont deliver anything at all. BOH has had way too much time spent on him, and ellis is like an american football kicker, does nowt other than kick for goal. we need new blood for next season

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

none of em.

harris is ok at times but he seems to lose confidence when things dont go right, when hes full of confidence and buzzing then hes a cracking player but there isnt the consistency.

the other two just dont deliver anything at all. BOH has had way too much time spent on him, and ellis is like an american football kicker, does nowt other than kick for goal. we need new blood for next season

The analogy relating to Ellis being like an American football kicker but contributing little on the field really made me laugh but, unfortunately, is oh so true. 

• Like 1