Leigh

The Voodooguru

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Teare’s been an asset and will only get better , Walker is a great investment for the future but after that I struggle to think of anyone who’s come in who’s  made any real discernible difference or improved us from where we were last year . I don’t get this idea that Thomas is so good he should be at the heart of everything , he really isn’t and at times he seems to be stepping on the halves toes . Doran looks far from happy to me and hasn’t for some times . You can see it in his body language . He’s our best threat in the middle and should be owning that team . Chris must be pushing that plan , and Chris must take the blame for our recruitment and strategy for this year which has been little short of utterly disastrous , however much he blames anybody else 

I think Malik Steele has shown he will definitely be a great addition to the squad also, but hes been a bit in and out of the team unfortunately.

• Like 2

I haven't been to many games this season so will take your match reports opinions and thoughts as avid followers with regards

Its a shame that walker/steele aren't given more opportunities,  when you look at how some those youngsters performed in the different teams at the magic weekend a great weekend for them 

If you always bake with the same ingredients you will always get the same cake -

As i say not been to many games so dont shoot me down but surely that logic should apply and if you want something different you have to give something different from the squad that's available to you you've nothing else to loose

Just my thoughts anyway

• Like 1

15 hours ago, town2018 said:

Couldn't make the game yesterday but just watched the highlights back and one player who really stands out for all the wrongs reasons for me is Oscar Thomas his attitude in defence is none existence he gives up so easy it's embarrassing for me we should have let him go to haven and us keep young broadbent 

I've been saying this for a while. He's one of those players who looks good but doesn't actually achieve anything and now he's going missing . Where was he for any of Matty Smith's kicks? Probably get accused of some kind of bias now like when you try to criticise Alex Young, but as has been said most of our play is being directed towards OT wrongly in my opinion. I remember a few seasons back we lost a lot of games narrowly because we couldn't score enough tries, i never thought i'd see a run like this where we can't score any!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Onreport said:

He has some reallynice touches but then unfortunately seems to go missing for long periods, not sure he is best utilised at fullback to be honest

Put him at 6 along side young walker, he has played there through out is career and worth a try and nothing to lose. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

I've been saying this for a while. He's one of those players who looks good but doesn't actually achieve anything and now he's going missing . Where was he for any of Matty Smith's kicks? Probably get accused of some kind of bias now like when you try to criticise Alex Young, but as has been said most of our play is being directed towards OT wrongly in my opinion. I remember a few seasons back we lost a lot of games narrowly because we couldn't score enough tries, i never thought i'd see a run like this where we can't score any!

I've been sticking up for Alex Young because I don't think he warrants so much criticism and I've stood in the popular side and herd the stuff people shout when he's been one of our consistent players lately.

• Like 7

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

5 hours ago, wonky said:

Well after watching the highlights back there wasn’t just a couple of tries that were down to poor or weak defending. 

Wonder what they work on at training? Defo isn't working what ever it is.

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Personally I would like to see Henson in at 6 and walker 7 and Doran at 13 yeah be a very inexperienced partner ship but alot off creativity between them and both young and hungry lads so can't be any worse that what has been happening so far this season also would like to see Oscar dropped and play ethan at full back he played there couple times last year and played well 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

What he Dosent seem to be acknowledging is we’re have gotten a lot worse as the seasons gone on not better 

• Like 3

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Didn't hear Thorman criticising the players? Quite the opposite other than Jamie who we all seem to agree is looking weary. I agree we need a shake up in the halves and yes Jamie at 13 wouldn't be a bad idea at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DocH said:

Didn't hear Thorman criticising the players? Quite the opposite other than Jamie who we all seem to agree is looking weary. I agree we need a shake up in the halves and yes Jamie at 13 wouldn't be a bad idea at all

He will be better in the pack he is in no shape to run a game from 6 and 7

17 hours ago, anok4u said:

I've been sticking up for Alex Young because I don't think he warrants so much criticism and I've stood in the popular side and herd the stuff people shout when he's been one of our consistent players lately.

You won't hear me shouting at him but and i don't mean this nastily because i agree the lad does try hard ..if he's been one of our best it's not a great endorsement for the rest. I only mentioned him because he gets a lot of stick as you say. TBH he's no better or worse than Clegg but people seem to expect more from him for some reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

You won't hear me shouting at him but and i don't mean this nastily because i agree the lad does try hard ..if he's been one of our best it's not a great endorsement for the rest. I only mentioned him because he gets a lot of stick as you say. TBH he's no better or worse than Clegg but people seem to expect more from him for some reason.

Actually think he is the better of the two, at least he has some pace

Clegg was meant to be signed as a replacement holyroyd and with championship experience, unfortunately it hasn't been the teams year and obviously the wingers have not had the opportunities they would have in league 1.

Young although he tries very hard isn't good enough for the championship and would be comfortable in league 1

8 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Clegg was meant to be signed as a replacement holyroyd and with championship experience, unfortunately it hasn't been the teams year and obviously the wingers have not had the opportunities they would have in league 1.

Young although he tries very hard isn't good enough for the championship and would be comfortable in league 1

Both of them would be class if we had tony Kay and Paul Burns back.

Kay used to stride thru and beat 1st centre and 2nd centre would struggle because Burns was too strong and ran a bit crabbish - forward but diagonal and the winger had no option but to help and burns used to pass and give the our winger a walk in every time and if the winger didnt come in Burns would take the centre over the line with him. Think it was Bond the winger who got a lot of walk ins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, havenhater said:

May have signed as replacement but nowhere as good, too slow by a long way

Whatever our thoughts on our wingers, we take so long to ship the ball out wide that by the time it gets there , our centres and wingers have 4 or more defenders waiting for them , We could have Martin Offiah on the wing at present and he would never see the ball !

• Like 4