Promotion Relegation

eltel

Well after all the highs and lows fev really need toulouse to finish bottom of the pile this season as that is the only way I can see fev getting into super league. If rovers make the top 2 the rfl could decide to increase the championship to 14 just to avoid toulouse going down as we all know how the rfl work fairness forget it thats not in their vocabulary. But hey with the 83 spirit and a better coach who knows. utr

• Confused 2

It has already been announced that there are no changes to the league structure next year, see here:  https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ralph-rimmer-confirms-no-structure-changes-for-2023-season/

Look people that know me understand that my glass is half empty, that’s why I predicted a loss in the 1895 cup, a loss a Leigh in the league and a loss to Leigh at the bash. However even I can see that if we can get to the playoff final (and I don’t see why we couldn’t) promotion will come down to 80 minutes, which in truth is what it has been about before a ball was kicked in anger this season.

I’ll still be predicting a Leigh win (assuming it is Leigh v Fev final) as I predicted a Toronto win and a Toulouse win, but you never know, maybe even I’ll become a glass half full person if we make the final.

• Like 2

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

7 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

It has already been announced that there are no changes to the league structure next year, see here:  https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ralph-rimmer-confirms-no-structure-changes-for-2023-season/

Look people that know me understand that my glass is half empty, that’s why I predicted a loss in the 1895 cup, a loss a Leigh in the league and a loss to Leigh at the bash. However even I can see that if we can get to the playoff final (and I don’t see why we couldn’t) promotion will come down to 80 minutes, which in truth is what it has been about before a ball was kicked in anger this season.

I’ll still be predicting a Leigh win (assuming it is Leigh v Fev final) as I predicted a Toronto win and a Toulouse win, but you never know, maybe even I’ll become a glass half full person if we make the final.

yep, that sums it up pretty well I'd say. We're a very good, but not outstanding Championship team this year, if we reach the final we will have a chance but would need to leave our recent form some way behind.

I actually hope Toulouse go up and Wakefield go down from our point of view assuming we are still in the Championship next season. Toulouse would probably hang on to plenty of their squad and be a danger (although I think they have lost too many of their good players from 2021), whereas take away two or three of Wakefield's star players and I think they might be an ordinary Championship team, they already have a lot of players who look Championship level to me.

Funny thing about the promotion and relgation saga is back in may Toulouse Olympique head coach Sylvain Houles  called on Super League officials to consider exempting his club from relegation. Houles thoght Toulouse's presence in the top flight is critical for the growth and exposure of the game, meaning they should not be relegated at the end of the season.because  France is hosting the World Cup in 2025, At the same time someone hinted they would consider dropping out of the championship if they were relegated similar to throwing  out the toys from the pram when they didn't get a licence in 2011

2 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Out of interest what did you predict when London played Toronto in the final? 

30 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Out of interest what did you predict when London played Toronto in the final? 

Good question - Toronto. So as you point out anything is possible in a one off game. 

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

3 hours ago, eltel said:

Well after all the highs and lows fev really need toulouse to finish bottom of the pile this season as that is the only way I can see fev getting into super league. If rovers make the top 2 the rfl could decide to increase the championship to 14 just to avoid toulouse going down as we all know how the rfl work fairness forget it thats not in their vocabulary. But hey with the 83 spirit and a better coach who knows. utr

Do you honestly want to go up with this squad? We would get mullered every week.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Do you honestly want to go up with this squad? We would get mullered every week.

We'd have a different squad next year. We'll have a pretty different squad next year regardless come to that... 

Edited by gazza77
Typo
  • Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, eltel said:

obviously the rfl never change their minds mid season do they I think not just lets see if toulouse finish bottom and whether they get relegated or not.

Remember when one half of the RL conspiracy theorists "knew" it would be Toulouse promoted to SL when Toronto went bust, and the other half "knew" it would be Bradford?

Remember when the conspiracy theorists said the RFL would never allow London or Bradford to be relegated a few years ago? Loads of people said exactly the same then as you are saying now.

Am no fan at all of some of the people that have run the RFL for many years, but I wish I had a tenner for every time a conspiracy theory submitted in forumland hasn't come true.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Remember when one half of the RL conspiracy theorists "knew" it would be Toulouse promoted to SL when Toronto went bust, and the other half "knew" it would be Bradford?

Remember when the conspiracy theorists said the RFL would never allow London or Bradford to be relegated a few years ago? Loads of people said exactly the same then as you are saying now.

Am no fan at all of some of the people that have run the RFL for many years, but I wish I had a tenner for every time a conspiracy theory submitted in forumland hasn't come true.

Not wanting to start a heated debate but when you say you are not a fan of some of the people running the RFL - why is that ?  Anything(s) in particular that have happened ?

8 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I can't imagine why they would have thought that.

Nothing to do with the fact that for the best part of 20 years the RFL allowed SL clubs to create an obviously closed shop which protected and sustained clubs like London and Bradford. Add to that the frequent bailing out of Bradford by the RFL, in order to help them retain their SL status at the expense of more deserving clubs. Like ours. Then you wonder why some people might think the RFL have certain clubs they favour, and some they don't.

How soon people forget.

• Like 5

I'm just pointing out that, whenever someone is promoting a theory, you can't just choose to look at the evidence that may support that theory and ignore any evidence that confounds it. That's literally the definition of confirmation bias.

As an example, Catalans and Toulouse fans have repeatedly over the years claimed that they get the rough end of officiating decisions because of the RFL's bias against them.

We probably don't want to re-ignite this debate though  to be fair, we've been through it before and we aren't going to change each other's minds I don't think.

As for changing the rules,Featherstone and Widnes should have been in the first Super League according to their finishing positions in the table.But both clubs were denied entry so London ,and Paris could be included.Thousands of supporters from both clubs stopped watching the game altogether.

• Like 3

Yes and Brian Noble wants Bradford to be promoted because it is a big city, and he is also promoting York Newcastle and London with their massive support to be included also. What a bl----Y laugh.

Promotion should always be on merit not on who you are . in all sports. 

• Like 4

On 09/07/2022 at 12:36, POR said:

Funny thing about the promotion and relgation saga is back in may Toulouse Olympique head coach Sylvain Houles  called on Super League officials to consider exempting his club from relegation. Houles thoght Toulouse's presence in the top flight is critical for the growth and exposure of the game, meaning they should not be relegated at the end of the season.because  France is hosting the World Cup in 2025, At the same time someone hinted they would consider dropping out of the championship if they were relegated similar to throwing  out the toys from the pram when they didn't get a licence in 2011

Dont hold your breath.

2 hours ago, haskey said:

Yes and Brian Noble wants Bradford to be promoted because it is a big city, and he is also promoting York Newcastle and London with their massive support to be included also. What a bl----Y laugh.

Promotion should always be on merit not on who you are . in all sports. 

Not disputing about the size of the city or the population, but there is a noticeable absence of support on the terraces and playing staff from the City itself.

11 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

As for changing the rules,Featherstone and Widnes should have been in the first Super League according to their finishing positions in the table.But both clubs were denied entry so London ,and Paris could be included.Thousands of supporters from both clubs stopped watching the game altogether.

Yup. Totally agree. I'll stand being corrected, I'm sure Widnes had never been out of the first division ever before they were refused entry to supergreed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheYoungBaron said:

Yup. Totally agree. I'll stand being corrected, I'm sure Widnes had never been out of the first division ever before they were refused entry to supergreed.

But let's not lose sight of the fact that Widnes were promoted to Super League from fifth position in a season that the then league leaders Featherstone Rovers had just put 50+and 40+ past them within a couple of weeks of that very same season but I'm not bitter🙄🙄

Edited by J Phil Loxton
  • Like 2