Brad Singleton at the RFL Disciplinary…

3 match penalty notice.

Quite surprised at this, only saw it once live at the game and a couple of times on the distant big screen but I thought a yellow would suffice and a red would see no ban.

But like I said, I didn’t get the clearest view.

Brad Fash 0 matches for the  “crusher” tackle that saw an immediate recovery by Matt Parcel.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

8 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

If you are going to gamble with leading with your shoulder / no arms, expect a ban if you smack someone directly in the head.

Reckless and dangerous.

Yeah I've no real complaints. Singleton got himself into a poor position and once Sironen started to fall what happened was inevitable. I thought Sironen falling would have perhaps been been some mitigation but obviously not. I'm fine though with the decision and a harsher line taken.

As long as these things are consistent then that's the main thing for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Of all the threads we see debating lengths of bans on here, this should be a relatively short one. It was clear and the ban is about right. 

That's fine, sounds like I may well change my mind when seeing it again.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

3 match penalty notice.

Quite surprised at this, only saw it once live at the game and a couple of times on the distant big screen but I thought a yellow would suffice and a red would see no ban.

But like I said, I didn’t get the clearest view.

Brad Fash 0 matches for the  “crusher” tackle that saw an immediate recovery by Matt Parcel.

Sorry to disagree OF but thats pathetic from the DP.

Fash had Parcell in a terrible position. I'm not fussed if Parcell made an immediate recovery. That type of tackle is grotesque imo.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

I watched the Hull derby on record and I thought the crusher was a bad tackle , and also an obvious one which one of three officials on field should have picked up . It was quite reckless imo 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I watched the Hull derby on record and I thought the crusher was a bad tackle , and also an obvious one which one of three officials on field should have picked up . It was quite reckless imo 

In the championship we Fev had two similar crusher tackles.The first Jack Bussey no charge.And the second Matt Wildie very similar 2 game ban so i for one can't argue with the consistency.Singleton on watching it live at the game i thought it was a yellow.But after seeing the replay the Ref got it right with red.Singleton dips his shoulder into a player who is going to the ground and i thought it was deliberate.Probably not a word from the ref in my day but we have to protect our second biggest asset the players.Our biggest asset the fans without them we are in trouble.

• Like 1

I've read plenty of thoughts from Wigan fans (and some non-Wigan fans) that it's a harsh ban for Singleton but to be honest I have no complaints. Once I saw the replay I was fairly certain it was going to be a red card and a 2 or 3 match ban. Gone are the days when you can throw yourself into a tackle without care and then claim an accident when a player alters their position. Players have to take into consideration the likelihood that a player might slip and adjust their technique accordingly. If you're aiming around the chest area and trying to get maximum force with the shoulder without wrapping the arm then you should know by now that any movement from the player could result in direct contact to the head and that's going to get a ban.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jughead said:

That’s Saints, the team with the most bans this season, ladies and gents. Don’t let facts get in the way of cherry and white tinted glasses, folks. 

That really shows what a dirty set of bar stewards Saints are 😂

On 11/07/2022 at 20:09, DavidM said:

I suppose the mitigating factor was that whilst Fash had Parcell in a bad position, he wasn't really applying any pressure, it was Taylor coming in and lending his weight that made it much worse. That said I wouldn't have argued against a ban if one had been given.

14 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I see another Saints player has had a ban overturned,Petrocelli couldn’t compete with their appeals team.

What's noticeable this year is just how shrewd Saints have been when it comes to the disciplinary. Unlike Leeds who seem to have a hissy fit and appeal just about everything, often resulting in longer bans, Saints seem to pick & choose their battles. More often than not this year they've been successful. 

Whoever saints legal advisers are must be doing a good job. And maybe Leeds should just stop using these dodgy "no win no fee" cowboys 😁

• Like 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions