Leigh (H)

Wakefield Ram

You could em all on the pitch at the same time and it won't change the result ๐Ÿ˜ž

• Like 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment)ย :superman:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

ย 

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Hoping we might improve on Batley losing 50-0 at home to Leigh.

I think you just might

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment)ย :superman:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

3 hours ago, silcoates said:

Leigh with all Beaumonts thousands will still get relegated at the end of next season.Unless of course IMG stop promo. and relegation all together.Which i can see happening.

Don't you think that explains his betting the farm this season? Get into SL the year before they pull up the ladder.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Like all other Rams fans I will be turning out in the hope of seeing a spirited performance but nothing more. The gap between FT players and their PT opponents is simply too great to have any real hopes of anything more. FT doesn't simply mean the opportunity to be fitter and less tired from other work but also a total focus upon RL, and especially winning. Becoming a FT player isn't just a matter of luck, either; you need to be a very good player in the first instance.

Anyway, let's hope that the club makes some money for next season's recruitment pot and the bus fares to Cornwall.

Rams 10 - 48 Lobbygobblers

FTS Gill

Att: 1445

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Unfortunately itโ€™s oh so easy to predict the outcome of this game. As long as we continue to show improvement I can accept the inevitable defeat.ย 
ย 

Dewsbury 6-54 Leigh

Try scorer: ย Gabrielย 

MoM: Gill

Att; 1220

Legs, Dews, Legs.

19 hours ago, silcoates said:

Leigh with all Beaumonts thousands will still get relegated at the end of next season.Unless of course IMG stop promo. and relegation all together.Which i can see happening.

have got as good a chance as anyone else to stay up, surely you have got to aspire to succeed in this game

• Like 3

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

have got as good a chance as anyone else to stay up, surely you have got to aspire to succeed in this game

Given unbeaten full-time Leigh are beating good teams by 50-60 points and we haven't won in a couple of months, then it would be the upset of the year. And as for staying up, no we haven't got anywhere near as good a chance as London and Whitehaven as they have more points and only a few games to go.

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Given unbeaten full-time Leigh are beating good teams by 50-60 points and we haven't won in a couple of months, then it would be the upset of the year. And as for staying up, no we haven't got anywhere near as good a chance as London and Whitehaven as they have more points and only a few games to go.

I think he refers to Leigh's ability to remain in SL next season...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

I think he refers to Leigh's ability to remain in SL next season...

๐Ÿคฆmisread that then. Because of the quota limit, think Leigh will struggle to recruit. Hard to get players to sign for the favourites for relegation.

Big well done to the players esp those that did the full 80. Certainly no issues with fitness and they battled to the end against a much bigger, stronger, faster FT team. Can't see anyone beating Leigh for the rest of the season and given how much they've spent, they should.

• Like 5

Agree. ย Tough 80 minutes that but the lads kept going and defended pretty well in that last quarter when I thought Leigh might cut loose and run it past 70 points.ย 

• Like 2

Today was never going to be about the result Leigh are simply on another level to everyone else.ย 
I thought the lads tried for the full 80 minutes and they deserve credit for that. Going in to the game Iโ€™d have accepted a 50 point loss so to lose by 54 and be on the wrong end of the worst refereeing performance Iโ€™ve seen in a very long time.I think the two sides were playing to two different sets of rules for a full time referee that is the inexcusable.ย 

1 hour ago, Outside view said:

Today was never going to be about the result Leigh are simply on another level to everyone else.ย 
I thought the lads tried for the full 80 minutes and they deserve credit for that. Going in to the game Iโ€™d have accepted a 50 point loss so to lose by 54 and be on the wrong end of the worst refereeing performance Iโ€™ve seen in a very long time.I think the two sides were playing to two different sets of rules for a full time referee that is the inexcusable.ย 

I agree about that REF.ย  ย Dews . seemed to be only ones offside and laying on.

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

๐Ÿคฆmisread that then. Because of the quota limit, think Leigh will struggle to recruit. Hard to get players to sign for the favourites for relegation.

If there is any, that is.

• Like 1

Tom Grantย 

A referee who's career is going backwards๐Ÿค”

Appalling decisions, 10-3 penalty count

Think he only spotted 1 Leigh forward pass all game

He'd be in Championship 1 for the foreseeable future until he gets things right

Hopefully we won't get him again this season... Or even next season

Today

A 4ft boy

In a 6ft swimming pool

2/10

And his touch judges who I suspect are grand children of Mr Magoo๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Like 2

Gave it a go and it is what it is.ย 
ย 

Spotted two potential rule breaches by Leigh today not that it affected the result.

1. Two members of staff up and down the South Stand touch line carrying water.

ย  ย  Both were actually shouting instructions to the Leigh players during the game.

ย  ย  Basically not allowed and should have been dealt with by officials.

2. Krisnan Inu not wearing official match day kit. His socks were white trainingย 

ย  ย  socks. Just saying.
ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2