Alex Smith

coolie

The Dewsbury Faithful would like to thank Alex & his family for all that they have done for the club over his stay at the Ram's, hopefully Alex moves on to bigger & brighter things a bit closer to home. 

Thank you from myself, Graham & all the Fans that bring The Dewsbury Faithful to life. 

Good luck Alex🤞🤞👏👏👍👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Echo Coolie’s comments. Thank you for your service and good luck going forward. Noted you were in attendance in what appeared to be hospitality section at Widnes. No doubt willing the team on. Did not know you were about to exit the club but can fully understand why you may wish to do so. All the best.

• Like 3

Liked the way Alex played and tried to make things happen but he needs regular game time and a good scrum half to work with and build up a partnership. Have to respect LFsand Tony Smith's decision, given their vast experience in the position.

Wish him (and his dad) well. Will miss his dad's comments on the Forum. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Liked the way Alex played and tried to make things happen but he needs regular game time and a good scrum half to work with and build up a partnership. Have to respect LFsand Tony Smith's decision, given their vast experience in the position.

I agree WR, but has his dad already left this forum?

For me, Alex had his best game last season at Sheffield. I hope he succeeds with whichever club he joins. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

8 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Alex will be going to another club, not another planet 🤣🤣🤣

I'm sure his dad will always have an affiliation towards Dewsbury & it's fan's who have supported his lad over the last couple of season's ❤️

• Like 1

Alex (Widnes based) now left the club and Dom (also Widnes based) didn’t play on Sunday and Matty Beharrell (Hull based I believe) moved on loan to Hunslet, so does this all mean Finny and Caspar are trying to keep the team more local?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

14 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Alex (Widnes based) now left the club and Dom (also Widnes based) didn’t play on Sunday and Matty Beharrell (Hull based I believe) moved on loan to Hunslet, so does this all mean Finny and Caspar are trying to keep the team more local?

Speakman was suspended. Think it's more to do with who they want to keep 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Dom was serving the first of his 2 game ban. Like Wakefield Ram says I think Liam is looking at the players he wants to keep. I’m hearing it’s a lot more professional since Liam came in especially around training and match day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

I’m hearing it’s a lot more professional since Liam came in 

Does that mean they'll do away with the services of those plump  dodgy looking ball boys...?

• Haha 3

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

59 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Does that mean they'll do away with the services of those plump  dodgy looking ball boys...?

Oi.. 

Hope that wasn't directed in my direction🤣🤣🤣

And there was me considering coming up to see you on Monday trounce York🤔😝😝😝

Just to clarify, Alex requested release from his contract due to a new job which means he couldnt get to training on a regular basis. Alex was will to fight for his place but it was becoming impossible as his new job means he could be anyware in the country on a given day. As Alex did l want to thank everyone for the support Alex has been given by both the fans and the club. l will continue to follow the Rams and wish everyone the best

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, LeagueConvert said:

Just to clarify, Alex requested release from his contract due to a new job which means he couldnt get to training on a regular basis. Alex was will to fight for his place but it was becoming impossible as his new job means he could be anyware in the country on a given day. As Alex did l want to thank everyone for the support Alex has been given by both the fans and the club. l will continue to follow the Rams and wish everyone the best

Thanks for that mate. Hopefully as time goes by Alex will be able to work round his rugby and is not lost to the game as the lad as certainly got the talent to succeed. Good luck 👍 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Thanks for that mate. Hopefully as time goes by Alex will be able to work round his rugby and is not lost to the game as the lad as certainly got the talent to succeed. Good luck 👍 

Cheers Graham. He us still training but at the moment hasnt signed for anyone. Looking for something a little more local l think

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LeagueConvert said:

Good man. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 13/07/2022 at 22:25, Piggy's mate said:

Piggy, I hope you don’t forget us when the dogs are mixing it with the big boys, and we are trying to work out where Cornwall is. I will miss the craic, and I take my hat off to you and the rest of the dogs faithful who have resisted the temptation to kick the crutch out from under a disabled man. Class.

😢😢

• Haha 1
Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

20 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Ta, but I can’t recall it happening. 

It was so late most of the crowd had left!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

16 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Piggy, I hope you don’t forget us when the dogs are mixing it with the big boys, and we are trying to work out where Cornwall is. I will miss the craic, and I take my hat off to you and the rest of the dogs faithful who have resisted the temptation to kick the crutch out from under a disabled man. Class.

😢😢

It's not over until the genetically predisposed to weight gain, she, they, them, it sings!

Goodness their cracking down on here!

• Haha 1

On 15/07/2022 at 16:05, Crown Flatter said:

Ta, but I can’t recall it happening. 

Apparently it did...

Case Number:

ON/1194/22

Dom Speakman #14, Dewsbury

Competition:

Championship

Match:

Dewsbury Rams v Halifax Panthers

Match Date:

2022-07-03

Incident:

Late Tackle - After the ball is passed, the Dewsbury Rams #14 hits his opponent in the back with his left shoulder.

Decision:

Charge

Charge Detail:

Law 15.1 (i)

Dangerous Contact - A defending player makes contact with an opponent after the ball has been released by an opponent in a vulnerable position which causes flexion to the head, neck or spinal column on an attacking player, which poses an unacceptable risk of injury to that player.

Grade C

Sanctions:

2 Match Penalty Notice

Edited by Sir Jekyll Stocking

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur