Mon 18th Jul: Ch: York City Knights v Batley Bulldogs KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York City Knights
    • Batley Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/07/22 at 19:15

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Scores are going OK David, well apart from Batley, perhaps the player's are saving themselves for the Bash!

Saving themselves for what ? Lol be a cricket score,

The crowd aren't happy with the officials, but Batley have set up a totally dominant platform on which to exploit York's weaknesses. Shame that Matongo has gone, as it has really impacted on York' ability to clear their lines. I don't think anyone can argue that Batley are a level up on York here.

Strong performance from the Bulldogs; and putting my prediction to the sword.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Ironic that it was probably Batley's only error of the first half. Dominant, but rub of the green on that one.

Yeah, definitely a fully deserved lead but that was a terrible miss by the ref and linos...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yeah, definitely a fully deserved lead but that was a terrible miss by the ref and linos...

It's the sort of body position that makes it almost certain to be forward. Lino probably needed to help there too.

Last tackle options the only weak part of the half for Batley, other than that last 'try'..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Scores are going OK David, well apart from Batley, perhaps the player's are saving themselves for the Bash!

I'm treating the bash like a test match on the other field. Day out on the beer with some rugby happening.

Expecting a score of 146 for 6 

26 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Ridiculous decision on Pauli

Dreadful player, should have been binned for the high shot and then a deliberate trip. Complete waste of money and will get another couple of weeks off for his actions tonight as he did in the fixture at Batley

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

We never hear from him or see him, Jon Flatman was great, used to stand with supporters at away game, you could always talk to him.

Let’s hope he doesn’t let the fans or Mr Flatman down. 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2022 at 10:53, Harry Stottle said:

Ok fair enough Gav, I was looking at what York have remaining and it is against the top teams.

Err.. where are you looking? 

York have 8 games left. Only 2 are against teams in the top half of the table (Fev and Leigh, both away).

The remaining 6 games are against teams 8th or lower, 3 at home, 2 away plus Newcastle in the Bash. 

15 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

Err.. where are you looking? 

York have 8 games left. Only 2 are against teams in the top half of the table (Fev and Leigh, both away).

The remaining 6 games are against teams 8th or lower, 3 at home, 2 away plus Newcastle in the Bash. 

Perhaps the games at Leigh and Fev stood out to me, Batley also have to visit Leigh, and Halifax entertain Fev, but last night did you no favours.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Perhaps the games at Leigh and Fev stood out to me, Batley also have to visit Leigh, and Halifax entertain Fev, but last night did you no favours.

Oh, OK. Fair enough. 

York have been poor since losing at home to Halifax 4 or 5 weeks ago. It really seemed to dent their confidence.  Last night they looked beaten before it really started.  Plus people don't really appreciate how much value Matty Marsh adds.  His absence was crucial. 

However, we are 5th and have, as I see it, 6 winnable games left, though we may well not win all 6.

Not the worst season ever (yet). 

• Thanks 1

Well i got that one wrong i thought it would be close.York played worse in the first half than at Fax.Batley were very good in fact this seasons team is the best they have had for over 10 years.Bit lucky with the try in the first half the ball was 2 ft forward but that's not their fault.Fev play York Sunday and i fancied us to win before last nights game can't see them getting within 20 points of Fev Sunday.Good try in the corner from the young York winger but i think they are going through a tough spell at present.

• Like 3