Jump to content

Sun 17th Jul: SL: Salford Red Devils v Catalans Dragons KO 15:00


Who will win?  

27 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Salford Red Devils
      13
    • Catalans Dragons
      14

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/07/22 at 14:30

Recommended Posts


Like the Cas v Wire game, this will be another indicator as to the reason for the unexpected Dragons loss in Newcastle.

I rather think it was just a bad day for them so with that in mind I fancy they'll want to bounce back and may well be too good for Salford who have been in reasonable form of late.

Solfud 16 Les Cats 24.

"When I saw the Pistols and The Clash I realised it didn't seem that difficult, they didn't seem like they could play very well either, so the thing was to form a band then work it out. We didn't even know who was going to play what - we passed around all the instruments until we found what we were comfortable with. I wasn't comfortable with any of them so I became the singer."

                                                                   Terry Hall on forming The Specials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to leave my boots outside the house when I used to play, let them dry and then crack them against the wall to knock the mud off. Damp cloth, maybe a polish and then ready for the next game.

Salford's injury crisis might tempt a few of the faithful to bring their boots, as they might get a game.

I think half the squad is carrying some injury. So I think this is a factor.

The other is whether or not the anticipated heat melts us all. 

Edited by idrewthehaggis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well you have to fancy Les dracs on this one even if you don't want to. Especially as it won't make too much difference to Catalan but may signify the road to R for the Red Devils. Rugby League is so rarely a game for the underdog which makes you wonder why you like it so much.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Oxford said:

Well you have to fancy Les dracs on this one even if you don't want to. Especially as it won't make too much difference to Catalan but may signify the road to R for the Red Devils. Rugby League is so rarely a game for the underdog which makes you wonder why you like it so much.

Yet it is sometimes a game for the underdog. Remember 2019? Grand Final? The destination disappointed, but the journey! Oh, what a journey it was!

Catalans are favourites, but I am hopeful/foolish*.

(* delete as you see fit.😉)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Yet it is sometimes a game for the underdog. Remember 2019? Grand Final? The destination disappointed, but the journey! Oh, what a journey it was!

Catalans are favourites, but I am hopeful/foolish/brilliant*.

(* delete as you see fit.😉) I did"

Yes and a sport is all the better when it happens, and I was just recognising that RL is not a game that leans that way except once in a blue Moon.

  • Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now 24-6.

"When I saw the Pistols and The Clash I realised it didn't seem that difficult, they didn't seem like they could play very well either, so the thing was to form a band then work it out. We didn't even know who was going to play what - we passed around all the instruments until we found what we were comfortable with. I wasn't comfortable with any of them so I became the singer."

                                                                   Terry Hall on forming The Specials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great win for the Devils!

  • Like 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More than matched Catalans in the middle with 2 of our 3 best props missing. Best defensive performance I've seen from a SRD side.

On a more worrying note, Sam Tomkins cannot start at fullback for England. His running threat looked completely gone and he looked a shadow of last seasons' player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

More than matched Catalans in the middle with 2 of our 3 best props missing. Best defensive performance I've seen from a SRD side.

On a more worrying note, Sam Tomkins cannot start at fullback for England. His running threat looked completely gone and he looked a shadow of last seasons' player.

on Tomkins, one bad game can't define his season or the England side - isn't he 2nd in the current MOS points?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...