Sun 17th Jul: SL: Salford Red Devils v Catalans Dragons KO 15:00

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/07/22 at 14:30

Like the Cas v Wire game, this will be another indicator as to the reason for the unexpected Dragons loss in Newcastle.

I rather think it was just a bad day for them so with that in mind I fancy they'll want to bounce back and may well be too good for Salford who have been in reasonable form of late.

Solfud 16 Les Cats 24.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I used to leave my boots outside the house when I used to play, let them dry and then crack them against the wall to knock the mud off. Damp cloth, maybe a polish and then ready for the next game.

Salford's injury crisis might tempt a few of the faithful to bring their boots, as they might get a game.

I think half the squad is carrying some injury. So I think this is a factor.

The other is whether or not the anticipated heat melts us all. 

Edited by idrewthehaggis

Well you have to fancy Les dracs on this one even if you don't want to. Especially as it won't make too much difference to Catalan but may signify the road to R for the Red Devils. Rugby League is so rarely a game for the underdog which makes you wonder why you like it so much.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

22 hours ago, Oxford said:

Well you have to fancy Les dracs on this one even if you don't want to. Especially as it won't make too much difference to Catalan but may signify the road to R for the Red Devils. Rugby League is so rarely a game for the underdog which makes you wonder why you like it so much.

Yet it is sometimes a game for the underdog. Remember 2019? Grand Final? The destination disappointed, but the journey! Oh, what a journey it was!

Catalans are favourites, but I am hopeful/foolish*.

(* delete as you see fit.😉)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

51 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Yet it is sometimes a game for the underdog. Remember 2019? Grand Final? The destination disappointed, but the journey! Oh, what a journey it was!

Catalans are favourites, but I am hopeful/foolish/brilliant*.

(* delete as you see fit.😉) I did"

Yes and a sport is all the better when it happens, and I was just recognising that RL is not a game that leans that way except once in a blue Moon.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Now 24-6.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Great win for the Devils!

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

More than matched Catalans in the middle with 2 of our 3 best props missing. Best defensive performance I've seen from a SRD side.

On a more worrying note, Sam Tomkins cannot start at fullback for England. His running threat looked completely gone and he looked a shadow of last seasons' player.

10 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

More than matched Catalans in the middle with 2 of our 3 best props missing. Best defensive performance I've seen from a SRD side.

On a more worrying note, Sam Tomkins cannot start at fullback for England. His running threat looked completely gone and he looked a shadow of last seasons' player.

on Tomkins, one bad game can't define his season or the England side - isn't he 2nd in the current MOS points?