Sat 16th Jul: SL: Toulouse Olympique v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:00 (UK Time)

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/07/22 at 16:30

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Why don’t sky show games from Toulouse ? 

They don't have the rights to broadcast in France. The match last Saturday was rebroadcast in France via BeIN sports, but that was a deal done on the back of the Sky broadcast.

Let me see now....

Stereotypical French Clothing

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

34 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Do feel this game should be postponed on player welfare grounds. We would for snow or ice. 38c is arguably more dangerous than those conditions. 

Whilst in principle I agree, it would be difficult to find another time. This 30⁰ heat is predicted to go on for another couple of weeks, which could mean that TO could have to reschedule 3 games before the end of the season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Do feel this game should be postponed on player welfare grounds. We would for snow or ice. 38c is arguably more dangerous than those conditions. 

The game's been pushed back to 8pm and now has water breaks, what more do you want? Are you a Leeds fan by any chance?

32 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

The game's been pushed back to 8pm and now has water breaks, what more do you want? Are you a Leeds fan by any chance?

Okay so the push back to 8pm means it'll be 38c...instead of 40c. No not a Leeds fans, just concerned this is putting scheduling over player welfare. Plenty over here cry at the first sign of a drop of snow - this is miles worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Whilst in principle I agree, it would be difficult to find another time. This 30⁰ heat is predicted to go on for another couple of weeks, which could mean that TO could have to reschedule 3 games before the end of the season

I get that but if we had a waterlogged pitch/Snow over here teams would be allowed to postpone. FWIW I've not seen or heard Leeds or Toulouse trying to get the game postponed, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be reviewed right up until the last minute. 

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Think this might be a tough evening for Leeds.

No Sezer

No Austin

No Leeming

One Prop - sorry two props now we've brought in a Wake youngster for 2 weeks.

No Newman

No Hardaker

No Prior

37 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I get that but if we had a waterlogged pitch/Snow over here teams would be allowed to postpone. FWIW I've not seen or heard Leeds or Toulouse trying to get the game postponed, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be reviewed right up until the last minute. 

Serious question but when would you rearrange it to? Midweek would be out of the question and there are no free weekends between now and the end of the season.

Games have natural breaks so having drinks won’t be an issue and they have correctly delayed kick off by an hour

15 minutes ago, M j M said:

Suspect the Leeds winning run comes to an end here with that squad, sorry Wakey.

(It would be a pretty heroic win if they did manage to pull it off).

Weather conditions aren't going to help Leeds cause either 

1 minute ago, The Daddy said:

Weather conditions aren't going to help Leeds cause either 

To be fair this is one area where playing a lightweight pack might actually help.

Don't think the Toulouse players will be that used to playing in 38 degrees plus weather either to be fair.

Hardaker is named in the squad to be fair but he's a doubt. What team we play without him I don't know. Sinfield/Johnson half backs with Myler at full back maybe? Makes more sense for Myler in the halves but then there's no-one left to play full back. (We used to have a third choice lad in that position, no idea what happened to him).

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

Hardaker is named in the squad to be fair but he's a doubt. What team we play without him I don't know. Sinfield/Johnson half backs with Myler at full back maybe? Makes more sense for Myler in the halves but then there's no-one left to play full back. (We used to have a third choice lad in that position, no idea what happened to him).

I'd put Fusitua at full back.

Fusitua

Tindall

Sutcliffe

Martin

Handley

Myler

Sinfield

Oledski

Johnson

Walters

Gannon

Donaldson

Smith

Dwyer

Oconner

Thompson

Aydin

I went out there when Widnes played Toulouse in the challenge cup at Minimes. Temperature was 36 degrees at 6:30pm on the way back to the airport after the game. Must have been pushing 40 degrees while the game was on, remember being knackered just standing there watching. Oh, and for good measure the floodlights were on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.