Sat 16th Jul: SL: Toulouse Olympique v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:00 (UK Time)

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/07/22 at 16:30

33 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

I went out there when Widnes played Toulouse in the challenge cup at Minimes. Temperature was 36 degrees at 6:30pm on the way back to the airport after the game. Must have been pushing 40 degrees while the game was on, remember being knackered just standing there watching. Oh, and for good measure the floodlights were on.

to be fair, the "not the swimming pool end" always was a bit gloomy

Shame this one isn't on TV, with Leeds newly found expansive play under RS but fielding a weakened team and Toulouse being Toulouse, it's got high scoring thriller written all over this one. Hoping Toulouse get another win to keep the relegation battle truly alive.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, M j M said:

Hardaker is named in the squad to be fair but he's a doubt. What team we play without him I don't know. Sinfield/Johnson half backs with Myler at full back maybe? Makes more sense for Myler in the halves but then there's no-one left to play full back. (We used to have a third choice lad in that position, no idea what happened to him).

Young lad was he?

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Young lad was he?

That's the one, he drank at the fountain of youth. Which given his record for being unavailable for selection seems like it might be somewhat polluted.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

No Sezer

No Austin

No Leeming

17 hours ago, LeeF said:

No Newman

No Hardaker

No Prior

Don't forget Lochaber, Sutherland, Lewis, Skye, Bathgate, Linwood, Methil, Irvine and YJW....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

20 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I get that but if we had a waterlogged pitch/Snow over here teams would be allowed to postpone. FWIW I've not seen or heard Leeds or Toulouse trying to get the game postponed, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be reviewed right up until the last minute. 

Yes whilst I agree with your comments, that would cause a lot of consternation amongst the travelling fans.

21 hours ago, LeeF said:

Serious question but when would you rearrange it to? Midweek would be out of the question and there are no free weekends between now and the end of the season.

Games have natural breaks so having drinks won’t be an issue and they have correctly delayed kick off by an hour

would agree on the assumption they have that the temperature will be lower... 

what happens if the temp is higher than expected, or should say assumed, and even leaving kick off for that hour the temp at kick off is equal to the temp they think isn't right to play and why they delayed.

An additional solution may be to allow more interchanges if exceptional circumstances, one of which as in exceptional weather...

Edited by redjonn

There was a period the game could not be played in Toronto because of the cold, and now the Sud de France is being assumed unplayable in conditions we are being told will be the norm and could possibly get worse year on year, just think if we still had Toronto and Ottawa had come through and like some desire we had more French teams in SL, the game would have to be played in 'Seasonal Tranches".

Was really impressed with the Toulouse fight back last week they played some very good rugby. I feel Toulouse can put one over the Rhinos but not by much +8. If they do I thing Wakefield will be in dire straights.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redjonn said:

would agree on the assumption they have that the temperature will be lower... 

what happens if the temp is higher than expected, or should say assumed, and even leaving kick off for that hour the temp at kick off is equal to the temp they think isn't right to play and why they delayed.

An additional solution may be to allow more interchanges if exceptional circumstances, one of which as in exceptional weather...

Forecast is 36 at 18h00 (original kick off), 34 at 20h00.  Those 2 degrees will make all the difference....not !

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

Was really impressed with the Toulouse fight back last week they played some very good rugby. I feel Toulouse can put one over the Rhinos but not by much +8. If they do I thing Wakefield will be in dire straights.

By 1 would suit me. Although the heat and high blood pressure and panic might not.

No Austin and no Sezer is arguably a benefit to Leeds. No Leeming is definitely a blow to them.

I don't care who they play now this season, I am hoping Tolouse can snatch as many wins as they can. 

I'd much rather watch this game than any other this round too

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Is this on the radio? 

Toulouse do have a live score update twitter account that is quite entertaining.

Mainly because it's in French so a quick copy and paste using "Google translate" can be quite amusing.

The scores are clearly obvious but when they're describing tries or incidents then Google can sometimes fall short and you have to use a bit of imagination to understand what's going on.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)