Sat 16th Jul: SL: Toulouse Olympique v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:00 (UK Time)

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/07/22 at 16:30

8 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I don't want Wakefield to go down, or any club, but I do want both French teams in SL.

It would be the most rugby league thing ever for Wakefield to go down just as things are coming together on their ground.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Belmas and Sangaré changed the game again last night when they came on the field, if toulouse stay up and Sangaré goes to Leeds it'll be a massive loss for Toulouse, a real impact player, if Leeds would have had one or two more experienced players last night they'd have won as they where the fitter team, Toulouse really struggled in the last 15 minutes. 

Same for  peacock and his mates in the stands 😁 the last 15 minutes was hard work for them in this heat, there'll be a few sore heads this morning 🤣

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, JohnM said:

Featherstone and Bradford.

May have had a chance if it was on invitation, but it ain't, Fev second favourites and Bradford, well they are just Bradford.

Promotion should be earned, somehow I would guess if Toulouse do get relegated most people on this site will want P&R retaining.

• Like 1

For all those still hoping for a 14 team SL next season, if you missed it:-

Ralph Rimmer says 

The three-division structure, with promotion and relegation, will remain intact for next season, but key dates won’t be decided until IMG completes its initial fact-finding exercise.

There will be no changes for 2023. There might be some changes in transition at the end of 2023 but we’ll see how that comes together.

“We’ll do lots of different permutations while we await the outcome of IMG’s consultations.”

Copied and pasted.

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

For all those still hoping for a 14 team SL next season, if you missed it:-

Ralph Rimmer says 

The three-division structure, with promotion and relegation, will remain intact for next season, but key dates won’t be decided until IMG completes its initial fact-finding exercise.

There will be no changes for 2023. There might be some changes in transition at the end of 2023 but we’ll see how that comes together.

“We’ll do lots of different permutations while we await the outcome of IMG’s consultations.”

Harry the most consistent thing about the RFL is their Inconsistency. So don't be surprised if everything changes at the 11th hour. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Won't be great for Wakey but their relegation would make the Championship wide open next season.

Would you not expect Wakefield to be able to outspend be it on existing or new contracts with having recieved the parachute payment?

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

Belmas and Sangaré changed the game again last night when they came on the field, if toulouse stay up and Sangaré goes to Leeds it'll be a massive loss for Toulouse, a real impact player, if Leeds would have had one or two more experienced players last night they'd have won as they where the fitter team, Toulouse really struggled in the last 15 minutes. 

Same for  peacock and his mates in the stands 😁 the last 15 minutes was hard work for them in this heat, there'll be a few sore heads this morning 🤣

Belmas seems a lot bigger and a stronger runner since his Catalans days. Wonder if he makes the wc team 

• Like 1

Well, unfortunately, my Betfred account is having a good couple of weeks thanks to T.O. .  All on to Hull KR today at a very measly 2/5.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

37 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Harry the most consistent thing about the RFL is their Inconsistency. So don't be surprised if everything changes at the 11th hour. 

Realistically though Elbow, do you not consider changing anything at the 11th hour would be a recipe for disaster especially as is the preference of most that they would want SL increasing to 14 teams. Firstly what about the funding situation, obviously that would have to be a decrease for each of the incumbant SL teams who would have to re-budget, secondly how would the two promoted teams strengthen for life in the fast lane, if it is IMG's intention to make the sport more acceptable then it has to be more competitive having two teams not prepared for SL is not good, I know only to well that scenario when Leigh were promoted in '21, and God forbid they don't go to 2 x 10's.

The RFL have tied up with IMG for 12 years and if they want their influence to be a success then they have to give them time to come up with a strategy, I can't imagine for one minute that IMG go in for knee jerk reactions, but that is not saying the RFL won't and dismiss them even before they have had time to do anything, that would be very RFL-esque.

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Was out yesterday melting but what a result Toulouse.  Think they need 2 from next 4 and 16 poonts overall.  Thought KR or Wire could get drawn in but PD means its a two horse fight.  

Dont expect them to be Salford but if they do its Hard to see them not staying up.  

Yes great result for T.O. but realistically not unexpected, did Leeds prepare and send a team that would be competitive?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes great result for T.O. but realistically not unexpected, did Leeds prepare and send a team that would be competitive?

I don't know.  Did Leeds prepare and send a team that would be competitive for the other 10 games they have lost in the league this year.

• Like 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

In Fairness we were competitive, we bombed quite a few chances in the second half and the score right at the end makes it look more one sided than it was.

Considering how young our team was I’m fine with the loss.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Was the club forced into turning out such a young team, I honestly don't know the answer to that question?

I think a bit of both, im sure if push came to shove some of the missing players could have played, but with the weather and short turnaround to the Wigan game it was decided to take a young team - didn’t help that Sutcliffe pulled out due to illness literally just after the tram sheet was handed in.

We also had to play with 12 men at the end as wed used all our subs and we got an injury.

None of those are excuses TO deserved to win and they can only beat whats in front of them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I don't know.  Did Leeds prepare and send a team that would be competitive for the other 10 games they have lost in the league this year.

Yes but Leeds had won 4 of their last 6 games, losing out to both inform Giants and Saints away and putting 96 points on the scoreboard in their last two games, now considering you are the 'stats man' of this site I would say that is a bIt of form before going to the bottom placed club, I thought you could well have picked up on that.

33 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Traitor or just realistic?

Generally puts the kiss of death on whoever I back.         I lose but I win. 👍

Accumulated so much back in 2015 that Betfred restricted what I could put on Bradford in that £Million game.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes but Leeds had won 4 of their last 6 games, losing out to both inform Giants and Saints away and putting 96 points on the scoreboard in their last two games, now considering you are the 'stats man' of this site I would say that is a bIt of form before going to the bottom placed club, I thought you could well have picked up on that.

Wakey beat Wire and Hull back-to-back before having Salford put 74 on them, form is fickle at the very best of times let alone when facing up to the heat present in the south of France.

Toulouse spent the first half of the season with an extensive injury list and their results suffered accordingly, now that pendulum has swung with their squad now looking more like the one they intended to compete with and results have adjusted accordingly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Would you not expect Wakefield to be able to outspend be it on existing or new contracts with having recieved the parachute payment?

Hard to say but they always seem to be a club living from one week to another and take away that funding which has seen no improvement in them in pretty much all their time in SL and I imagine they become just another Fax, Widnes, Bradford.

19 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Hard to say but they always seem to be a club living from one week to another and take away that funding which has seen no improvement in them in pretty much all their time in SL and I imagine they become just another Fax, Widnes, Bradford.

In 2023 every Championship club should be preparing in the off season and in the market place striving to finish top of the pile, as should every SL club in avoiding 12th place such is the uncertainty of what is going to happen for 2024.

• Like 1

Salford only have 19 fit players for today with a winger on the bench?, Salford could end up with a very weakened team next week in Toulouse. And if the weather stays like this , they'll struggle. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

When this loss was clearly foreseen from the moment Leeds announced their squad - just read this thread from the start - why are people still surprised by it?

The Leeds performance was ok and the team did a few nice things but were always going to be up against it and so it proved.

• Like 1