Jump to content

Sat 16th Jul: SL: Toulouse Olympique v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:00 (UK Time)


Who will win?  

54 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Toulouse Olympique
      34
    • Leeds Rhinos
      20

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/07/22 at 16:30

Recommended Posts


8 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I don't want Wakefield to go down, or any club, but I do want both French teams in SL.

It would be the most rugby league thing ever for Wakefield to go down just as things are coming together on their ground.

  • Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Belmas and Sangaré changed the game again last night when they came on the field, if toulouse stay up and Sangaré goes to Leeds it'll be a massive loss for Toulouse, a real impact player, if Leeds would have had one or two more experienced players last night they'd have won as they where the fitter team, Toulouse really struggled in the last 15 minutes. 

Same for  peacock and his mates in the stands 😁 the last 15 minutes was hard work for them in this heat, there'll be a few sore heads this morning 🤣

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JohnM said:

Featherstone and Bradford.

May have had a chance if it was on invitation, but it ain't, Fev second favourites and Bradford, well they are just Bradford.

Promotion should be earned, somehow I would guess if Toulouse do get relegated most people on this site will want P&R retaining.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For all those still hoping for a 14 team SL next season, if you missed it:-

Ralph Rimmer says 

The three-division structure, with promotion and relegation, will remain intact for next season, but key dates won’t be decided until IMG completes its initial fact-finding exercise.

There will be no changes for 2023. There might be some changes in transition at the end of 2023 but we’ll see how that comes together.

“We’ll do lots of different permutations while we await the outcome of IMG’s consultations.”

Copied and pasted.

Edited by Harry Stottle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

For all those still hoping for a 14 team SL next season, if you missed it:-

Ralph Rimmer says 

The three-division structure, with promotion and relegation, will remain intact for next season, but key dates won’t be decided until IMG completes its initial fact-finding exercise.

There will be no changes for 2023. There might be some changes in transition at the end of 2023 but we’ll see how that comes together.

“We’ll do lots of different permutations while we await the outcome of IMG’s consultations.”

Harry the most consistent thing about the RFL is their Inconsistency. So don't be surprised if everything changes at the 11th hour. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Won't be great for Wakey but their relegation would make the Championship wide open next season.

Would you not expect Wakefield to be able to outspend be it on existing or new contracts with having recieved the parachute payment?

Edited by Harry Stottle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

Belmas and Sangaré changed the game again last night when they came on the field, if toulouse stay up and Sangaré goes to Leeds it'll be a massive loss for Toulouse, a real impact player, if Leeds would have had one or two more experienced players last night they'd have won as they where the fitter team, Toulouse really struggled in the last 15 minutes. 

Same for  peacock and his mates in the stands 😁 the last 15 minutes was hard work for them in this heat, there'll be a few sore heads this morning 🤣

Belmas seems a lot bigger and a stronger runner since his Catalans days. Wonder if he makes the wc team 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, unfortunately, my Betfred account is having a good couple of weeks thanks to T.O. .  All on to Hull KR today at a very measly 2/5.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Harry the most consistent thing about the RFL is their Inconsistency. So don't be surprised if everything changes at the 11th hour. 

Realistically though Elbow, do you not consider changing anything at the 11th hour would be a recipe for disaster especially as is the preference of most that they would want SL increasing to 14 teams. Firstly what about the funding situation, obviously that would have to be a decrease for each of the incumbant SL teams who would have to re-budget, secondly how would the two promoted teams strengthen for life in the fast lane, if it is IMG's intention to make the sport more acceptable then it has to be more competitive having two teams not prepared for SL is not good, I know only to well that scenario when Leigh were promoted in '21, and God forbid they don't go to 2 x 10's.

The RFL have tied up with IMG for 12 years and if they want their influence to be a success then they have to give them time to come up with a strategy, I can't imagine for one minute that IMG go in for knee jerk reactions, but that is not saying the RFL won't and dismiss them even before they have had time to do anything, that would be very RFL-esque.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was out yesterday melting but what a result Toulouse.  Think they need 2 from next 4 and 16 poonts overall.  Thought KR or Wire could get drawn in but PD means its a two horse fight.  

Dont expect them to be Salford but if they do its Hard to see them not staying up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Was out yesterday melting but what a result Toulouse.  Think they need 2 from next 4 and 16 poonts overall.  Thought KR or Wire could get drawn in but PD means its a two horse fight.  

Dont expect them to be Salford but if they do its Hard to see them not staying up.  

Yes great result for T.O. but realistically not unexpected, did Leeds prepare and send a team that would be competitive?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes great result for T.O. but realistically not unexpected, did Leeds prepare and send a team that would be competitive?

I don't know.  Did Leeds prepare and send a team that would be competitive for the other 10 games they have lost in the league this year.

  • Like 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes great result for T.O. but realistically not unexpected, did Leeds prepare and send a team that would be competitive?

Three weeks ago whatever team leeds sent we would probably still have them.  If Toulouse do stay up I think there will be a few teams praying for 14 team SL as Toulouse will have a higher cap and time to get in some NRL lads who fancy south of France and Leigh are building a terrifying team.  

Bad seasons last few years meant 9-10th, next year it could be curtains. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes great result for T.O. but realistically not unexpected, did Leeds prepare and send a team that would be competitive?

In Fairness we were competitive, we bombed quite a few chances in the second half and the score right at the end makes it look more one sided than it was.

Considering how young our team was I’m fine with the loss.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Was the club forced into turning out such a young team, I honestly don't know the answer to that question?

I think a bit of both, im sure if push came to shove some of the missing players could have played, but with the weather and short turnaround to the Wigan game it was decided to take a young team - didn’t help that Sutcliffe pulled out due to illness literally just after the tram sheet was handed in.

We also had to play with 12 men at the end as wed used all our subs and we got an injury.

None of those are excuses TO deserved to win and they can only beat whats in front of them

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I don't know.  Did Leeds prepare and send a team that would be competitive for the other 10 games they have lost in the league this year.

Yes but Leeds had won 4 of their last 6 games, losing out to both inform Giants and Saints away and putting 96 points on the scoreboard in their last two games, now considering you are the 'stats man' of this site I would say that is a bIt of form before going to the bottom placed club, I thought you could well have picked up on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Traitor or just realistic?

Generally puts the kiss of death on whoever I back.         I lose but I win. 👍

Accumulated so much back in 2015 that Betfred restricted what I could put on Bradford in that £Million game.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes but Leeds had won 4 of their last 6 games, losing out to both inform Giants and Saints away and putting 96 points on the scoreboard in their last two games, now considering you are the 'stats man' of this site I would say that is a bIt of form before going to the bottom placed club, I thought you could well have picked up on that.

Wakey beat Wire and Hull back-to-back before having Salford put 74 on them, form is fickle at the very best of times let alone when facing up to the heat present in the south of France.

Toulouse spent the first half of the season with an extensive injury list and their results suffered accordingly, now that pendulum has swung with their squad now looking more like the one they intended to compete with and results have adjusted accordingly.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Would you not expect Wakefield to be able to outspend be it on existing or new contracts with having recieved the parachute payment?

Hard to say but they always seem to be a club living from one week to another and take away that funding which has seen no improvement in them in pretty much all their time in SL and I imagine they become just another Fax, Widnes, Bradford.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...