Fri 15th Jul: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 20:00

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/22 at 19:30

Oh Lord, I've decided to attend this one.

Why?, I can't honestly say really, playing the Pies over at their gaff will be a whole different ball game to playing Rovers in the Toon.

Will we win?, no.

Do we stand any chance at all?, no.

Will my hip flask be full of Drambuie?, I certainly hope so as I'm gonna need it.

Wigoon 48 Ullefsee 4.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Absolutely no expectations for Hull, I just want the youngsters to go do their best and get a lot out of it.

I remember in 2015 we played away at Wigan at the end of the season with a similarly depleted team and a few debutants. The bookies had Wigan as 30 point favourites. Wigan won but they had a big scare and needed a late breakaway try to kill us off. If we can produce anything like that I'd be thrilled, but realistically I think it will be a pretty straightforward night for Wigan.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2022 at 20:59, Old Frightful said:

Oh Lord, I've decided to attend this one.

Why?, I can't honestly say really, playing the Pies over at their gaff will be a whole different ball game to playing Rovers in the Toon.

Will we win?, no.

Do we stand any chance at all?, no.

Will my hip flask be full of Drambuie?, I certainly hope so as I'm gonna need it.

Wigoon 48 Ullefsee 4.

If I see you in the pub beforehand I will give you some new advice on how to get there on time.

Hopefully that will help heal the wounds of your previous experience.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

If I see you in the pub beforehand I will give you some new advice on how to get there on time.

Hopefully that will help heal the wounds of your previous experience.

As usual, you’re all heart although I fear the previous wounds cut far too deep.

Having seen the teams I’m sticking with my initial scoreline prediction…and as I type this, the Wigan Stadium echoes to “Jump around” by “House of Pain”, how appropriate…

Sounds like Pearson will be firing Hodgson on the pitch tonight.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Sounds like Pearson will be firing Hodgson on the pitch tonight.

Speed kills... careers.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

28 - 0 half time, I have the utmost sympathy for all the long suffering Hull FC fans, a team that promises so much each season with a supposed improved playing roster and a better coaching set up, but it always seems the same disappointment season after season.

Yup. Not sure what it is what we're missing each time!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

French looks like he'll set some sort of record tonight, if he hasn't already.

Confirmed - 7 (seven) tries already!

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

French looks like he'll set some sort of record tonight, if he hasn't already.

Confirmed - 7 (seven) tries already!

Thats what the vidiprinter used to do with big football scores

Just now, DavidM said:

Thats what the vidiprinter used to do with big football scores

Yep, a deliberate nod to that.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Having seen the teams I’m sticking with my initial scoreline prediction…and as I type this, the Wigan Stadium echoes to “Jump around” by “House of Pain”, how appropriate…

If I had see you tonight mate, I would have sent you  in the wrong direction, and you would have thanked me.

• Haha 1