Halifax

The Voodooguru

8 minutes ago, wonky said:

I’m wondering if theres been a worse team in recent years in the championship? As far as wins and points difference go

Probably not, but haven were heading for a disastrous season before covid kicked in  Losing at home to the 2 teams that got relegated and zero points  You could say I'm biased and you would be right. Just took the Cork back off the bubbly to celebrate our second try 💙

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did you all enjoy the commentary? 😳🙄Was Oscar Thomas our only player on the field? They knew more of Halifax side than Town's. No mention of who was passing, who was tackling took ages before we found out first try scorer Fitzy. So boring 😴🥴enough to put anyone off RL. I know I've complained before & I know people have said be grateful but bloody hell do your homework chaps ! 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Did you all enjoy the commentary? 😳🙄Was Oscar Thomas our only player on the field? They knew more of Halifax side than Town's. No mention of who was passing, who was tackling took ages before we found out first try scorer Fitzy. So boring 😴🥴enough to put anyone off RL. I know I've complained before & I know people have said be grateful but bloody hell do your homework chaps ! 

It's a painful listening experience and better than nowt, but they don't seem to realise the audience need to have the picture painted. Tony Collier seems to think we can interpret his groans as to how far the players are from the line.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, havenhater said:

We should be privileged buffer put his hand up to continue another year. Legend of a player who always gives 100%

Disagree I’m afraid , he should have retired or been retired . He wasn’t going to cut it in the Championship the way it is now . Sentiment is great but it at times it doesnt help . We badly needed more quality in that area , like quite a few areas but unfortunately in to many instances it didnt happen 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Disagree I’m afraid , he should have retired or been retired . He wasn’t going to cut it in the Championship the way it is now . Sentiment is great but it at times it doesnt help . We badly needed more quality in that area , like quite a few areas but unfortunately in to many instances it didnt happen 

And is that not the fault of the board, thus the statement, without forber we wouldn't have got 2 points 

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Having watched him for many years in both leagues it's been obvious he's a very decent league 1 player but he wasn't good enough in the Championship the last time we were there. Thorman wouldn't know that but presumably he does now. There must be more than two who aren't good enough or we wouldn't be in this state. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Whoever he was talking about he never actually said that they wouldn't play for the club ever again. 

I'm fairly sure he did, because he said they weren't good enough and wouldn't play again because he wouldn't pick them. I don't know why you'd make that statement then select them.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2022 at 17:17, Twinkle said:

If I get another crack hopefully you’ll enjoy it a bit better only had Batley at home this year 

• Like 1

On 18/07/2022 at 16:37, homeandawayer said:

I'm fairly sure he did, because he said they weren't good enough and wouldn't play again because he wouldn't pick them. I don't know why you'd make that statement then select them.

Not defending anyone.  But - don't we all make comments in the heat of the moment, knee jerk stuff, and then dwell on it later and react accordingly? (think I just have lol).........UTT.

4 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Not defending anyone.  But - don't we all make comments in the heat of the moment, knee jerk stuff, and then dwell on it later and react accordingly? (think I just have lol).........UTT.

someone asked him that about these comments and he said he doesn't do that and stands by the comments he made.

2 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

someone asked him that about these comments and he said he doesn't do that and stands by the comments he made.

Yeah that's right it was that Jordan Jameater bloke on radio Cumbria. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!