Odsal Sports City

1 minute ago, marklaspalmas said:

You forgot the emoticon for post-modern irony when posting.

See Andrew Foster on twitter for a much more illuminating version of that meeting.

I refuse to have my dreams of ODSAL SPORTS CITY besmirched.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I think i heard rumours something like this pre brexit, and it was something like the EU would pay for a total refit of Odsal out of some fund they had and the RFL was going to move in lock, stock and barrel. Obviously that isn't going to happen on either count now.

Whether there was in substance in the above rumours i don't know or it could have been pie in the sky

4 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

You forgot the emoticon for post-modern irony when posting.

See Andrew Foster on twitter for a much more illuminating version of that meeting.

Serious reply: have now read it and that does all seem to fit a lot more with what we know about the people involved and their attitude to running both Odsal and the Bulls.

Take the credit, avoid the blame, keep everything as clear as mud.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Nigel Wood appearing to be as transparent as ever...

Read through that earlier. If they're genuine quotes it's a staggeringly awful way to treat their fans. Perhaps not particularly surprising given the individual involved but sad none the less.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Nigel Wood appearing to be as transparent as ever...

Unfortunately when some of the questions are so loaded and passive aggressive - if not just aggressive - and to some degree irrelevant I have some sympathy with Wood.

af also is hardly a neutral and unbiased observer either so taking his reading also makes me pause.

• Sad 1

Even Nigel Wood said it was a 10-1 shot that the Odsal Sports City would happen.

Having grown up through all the previous versions, I'd be inclined to add a few noughts to those odds

Sorry for the cynicism, we've been here too many times before.

I'll believe it when I see it.

The plans were shown to the fans on the back of a wet beer mat. It had a drawing of the new Castleford ground scribbled out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That thread is utterly depressing, surely there must be a conflict of interest in there.

"I don't work for the RFL ask them" doesn't count as a good response, especially when the question relates directly to decisions during his tenure as CEO.

13 minutes ago, M j M said:

Unfortunately when some of the questions are so loaded and passive aggressive - if not just aggressive - and to some degree irrelevant I have some sympathy with Wood.

af also is hardly a neutral and unbiased observer either so taking his reading also makes me pause.

On the one hand, a lack of transparency. On the other hand, a failure to really declare an interest.

I mean, if you wanted an almost too on-the-nose snapshot of rugby league in Bradford?

• Like 1