Doncaster

jroyales

Doncaster a very experienced and dangerous team all over the park as shown by the win at swinton, glad to see Wilson boas back after a long term injury but also pleased he not in the squad for tmoro he's destroyed us many a time in the past. Tualipapa and cockayne offer plenty of experience also peterson, main threat from Connor Robinson in the halves and big powerful centre Jason tali. Will need to replicate last weeks first half and then some to get a result imo. Cmon you Roughyeds!!

Edited by ChampagneCharlieReturns
  • Like 5

On 16/07/2022 at 08:55, jroyales said:

Since nobody else has started a Doncaster topic I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Play like they did in the second half last week I'd be happy to get away with 80 start.

Might be looking like more than 80 if half time score is anything to go by!

• Sad 1

Well,what a fab performance,not. I'm quite honestly getting fed up and bored now. Coming home fed up and frustrated isn't fun. Can someone on here tell me whether Oldham have been in such a perilous state(including the old club).

6 minutes ago, FailsworthYed said:

Certainly amongst the worst teams I've seen. I really thought we'd at least be able to compete with teams around us and pick up a fair few victories. 

Same here. Sadly it's turned out not to be the case.

• Like 1

I did not go today I’ve been watching for over 70 years since my parents sat me on the wall at watersheddings I have never felt so low we have had a few bad teams but this is the worst . Hamilton will have to make much better signings for me to buy a couple of season tickets 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Can someone on here tell me whether Oldham have been in such a perilous state(including the old club).

Oldham were in dire straits around 1972, but there was enough support around town to do something about it. A "Ginger Group" was formed of interested parties and they took over the ruling of the club and the club stabilised and had some success. Doubtful it could happen these days as Hamilton has run it into the ground and is still determined to drive it even further into the abyss. The only hope is when he eventually jacks it in, there might be something to resurrect but that's looking more unlikely with every passing day.

• Like 1

Wasn't for me today. Just back from my Holidays and went out with the wife. I don't see the point of paying to be put through the ringer.

Any of the local amateur teams would be better value for me to watch these days.......sadly 

• Like 2

I've never seen a worse Oldham team. The 2006 side lost every game but they turned up and did their absolute best every week.  These donkeys are shocking. Can't tackle.  Can't pass. Can't run.

I reckon all the Oldham amateur sides would give us a good beating.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

a lot of you still dont understand ch is never going to hand this club over to anybody.

its the only form of income he as got  and as long as he can draw a salary this is as good as it gets.

there will never be any sufficant funding placed in oldham rlfc to make the club able to compete.

next season will be just like this one 

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, clifford said:

Wasn't for me today. Just back from my Holidays and went out with the wife. I don't see the point of paying to be put through the ringer.

Any of the local amateur teams would be better value for me to watch these days.......sadly 

Sadly I totally agree with you mate. Today was a nightmare. 

Despite the legendary rivalry between Hornets and yourselves, it’s both sad and a surprise (to me anyway) that we shall not be locking horns in this season’s play-offs.  Doncaster are on a roll in full throttle and given your ‘situation’ it was big ask for you today, but I hope your second half performance (plus last week’s first half) gave you some hope.  Only the RFL knows what future lower league clubs have beyond 2023.  I am guessing that those clubs will have little or no say in the outcome.   Meanwhile, good luck for the remainder of the season (and of course a win or more against our rivals!).

• Like 3

I agree. It gives me no pleasure to see our rivals in this position. I always thought Oldham was a real rugby league stronghold. I remember going to that Oldham v Widnes play off game at Spotland years ago. There must have been about 4,500 Oldham fans there that day, most of them in replica shirts. Where have they all gone ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember going to that Oldham v Widnes play off game at Spotland years ago.

So do I. It was yet another in our long list of sad days and another nail in our coffin.

And, I'm happy to be corrected on this point BUT if I remember correctly, Widnes went into 'administration' or 'Bankcrupt' the day after their victory because, in order to beat us that day, they spent more money on players than they could afford.

Yet they weren't 'penalised'. They retained a place in Super League and we were denied. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree. It gives me no pleasure to see our rivals in this position. I always thought Oldham was a real rugby league stronghold. I remember going to that Oldham v Widnes play off game at Spotland years ago. There must have been about 4,500 Oldham fans there that day, most of them in replica shirts. Where have they all gone ?

Based on the farcical display against Doncaster it wouldn't surprise me if our rivalry didn't last much longer. I think our club is in dire straits. I don't think we've ever been a poor league position than now. 

• Sad 2