Victor the Inflictor

19 minutes ago, RP London said:

you do realise we are a normal civilised (well east of the Pennines) country dont you? its not like releasing a zoo bread tiger back into the wild ffs!

Can I have butter with my bread tiger., 😋

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

National identity and culture are incredibly personal and nuanced.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my daughter has lived all of her life in the UK but has as much identity with Italy (her Mum's nationality) as the UK.

I am not going to project my take on this situation to Radley as it means nothing - only he can say how he feels and he has and so I am inclined to believe him.  Your projections are also meaningless.

As for the opportunity, rewards and accomplishments.  Maybe he sees representing his country at a World Cup as more of an opportunity and accomplishment than representing a state/province/county.  Let me tell you, the vast majority of the world certainly seem to think that.

Identity is one thing, nationality is another, surely there is a definitive answer when asked one’s nationality, what do you reckon Radley tells customs? Where does one’s allegiance lay if there was ever conflict?
Given he’s lived his whole life in Australia I doubt he’s ever gone & told people he’s actually English? I mean why would you? 😂

Not sure how people can determine what nationality someone is 

My friend is a 4th generation Portuguese, he grew up with the culture, food and customs also speaks the language. He won't qualify for Portugal with these rules but if you ask him. He is proud Portuguese. 

59 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Thankfully the Clovelly Crocodiles didn’t make him sign a declaration of allegiance when he first turned up for training.

What has the amount of time his father has spent in Australia got to do with his son’s choice & why wouldn’t he last 5 minutes back home ?

Weak links ? In modern day International sport representing the country of a parents birth & upbringing is seen by literary no one as a weak link

It’s modern international sport that I’m basically railing against 

I could take a broader approach & not just stick to Rugby League 

The longer you live somewhere, the more you tend to assimilate & the more your former life seems to drift away, I doubt Victors old man would last 5 minutes because it’s putting yourself back into a third world country, I’m sure he’d be terrified & plead to go home 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Wascally_Wabbit said:

The longer you live somewhere, the more you tend to assimilate & the more your former life seems to drift away, I doubt Victors old man would last 5 minutes because it’s putting yourself back into a third world country, I’m sure he’d be terrified & plead to go home 

81 posts to go

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Wascally_Wabbit said:

Identity is one thing, nationality is another, surely there is a definitive answer when asked one’s nationality

I just typed in a reply to this and then deleted it.

It may be the weather in hot, sunny England that is making me more impatient that normal but let's just not bother reading each other's posts any more shall we.

It will make me happier - although I won't project that feeling onto you of course.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I just typed in a reply to this and then deleted it.

It may be the weather in hot, sunny England that is making me more impatient that normal but let's just not bother reading each other's posts any more shall we.

It will make me happier - although I won't project that feeling onto you of course.

you poms are soft, a bit of warmish weather & you get nasty 

grow up son

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Wascally_Wabbit said:

Do I get a nice prize? 

You'll get something.

This is where you get yours Wabbit! 

27 minutes ago, Wascally_Wabbit said:

you poms are soft, a bit of warmish weather & you get nasty 

grow up son

Weird that this guy (and all his various aliases) always pretends to be Australian? I enjoy(ed) Neighbours (RIP) and Home & Away as much as the next man, but it's never had me considering setting up online profiles pretending to be one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wascally_Wabbit said:

Quiet time on the cattle station Bruce ?

56 minutes ago, Wascally_Wabbit said:

but I don’t have any 😳

I’m new, fresh, handsome & happy to be amongst you lot 

You missed boring.

• Haha 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

10 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Weird that this guy (and all his various aliases) always pretends to be Australian? I enjoy(ed) Neighbours (RIP) and Home & Away as much as the next man, but it's never had me considering setting up online profiles pretending to be one. 

oh I’m genuine, I can’t understand why you wouldn’t think so, I don’t know what’s happened in the past here, but that wasn’t me

On 16/07/2022 at 16:16, Mr Frisky said:

Totally agree - Knowles is as good as anybody in the world.

If Victor was world class (and so better than Knowles) he would be playing for Australia. 

This is just a classic case of the NRL blinkers again....if he plays in the NRL he's world class....

I don't agree Frisky one, without a shadow of a doubt the NRL is quite a few rungs up the ladder than SL performs at, Knowles who is a very good player has yet to prove himself in this company, from what perspective are you looking from to say he is as good as anybody in the world without him being tested against them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wascally_Wabbit said:

I’ve never missed boring, I lived in the UK for nearly 3 years & since I missed home, I haven’t missed boring for one day

Says the person who’s logged onto a predominantly UK based internet forum & spent literally all day talking total bo##ocks.

• Haha 1