Victor the Inflictor

55 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

ignores the absolute fact that the NRL is streets ahead of SL"

I see you conveniently left out the end  of that sentence . I’ll ignore the little put down at the start you always put in for some reason when you get angry 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I went on the '19 GB tour to NZ Frisky, and I could not make any connection whatsoever with Hastings who had been here in the country for about 18 months never having stepped foot in it previously having signed for Salford mid season '18, the same with Coote and Austin except they had been here for 10 months, I would wager that not one of those would have even contemplated coming here if they could have secured a lucrative contract with a NRL club. Yes I know it was GB and Coote had previously played for Scotland but the principle is just the same.

So yes I would prefer to win it with English player's, in fact I would sooner be a gallant loser than a winner reliant on bringing heritage or residents in, my opinion of course.

Does that last paragraph also apply to Leigh??

45 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I see you conveniently left out the end  of that sentence . I’ll ignore the little put down at the start you always put in for some reason when you get angry 

You mean this - "You contradict yourself"

11 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Does that last paragraph also apply to Leigh??

?,

Since when have Leigh player's been subjected to Heritage and International selection rules.

But if you mean would I like Leigh to be full of British lads, without question of course I would, should the same apply to Wigan, Saints, Hull et al, yes it should.

Even 'Havrn had something like 7 or 8 imports recently.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I went on the '19 GB tour to NZ Frisky, and I could not make any connection whatsoever with Hastings who had been here in the country for about 18 months never having stepped foot in it previously having signed for Salford mid season '18, the same with Coote and Austin except they had been here for 10 months, I would wager that not one of those would have even contemplated coming here if they could have secured a lucrative contract with a NRL club. Yes I know it was GB and Coote had previously played for Scotland but the principle is just the same.

So yes I would prefer to win it with English player's, in fact I would sooner be a gallant loser than a winner reliant on bringing heritage or residents in, my opinion of course.

I agree on players like Hastings and Austen as I think bringing in Aussies on residency rules just because they aren't anywhere near Kangaroo selection devalues the England shirt. I also don't think we should be bringing players in on the grandparent rule. We're tier 1 so shouldn't need to.

However, I don't have a problem with someone who has an English parent. I think if I moved away and my child was born abroad I'd still see them as English or at least half English 

• Like 2

This is a top tier player, in his prime, legitimately qualifying (and comfortably, not even through a grandparent) choosing to play for England and sacrificing plenty to do that.

Welcome aboard, Victor. I hope it turns out to be worth it.

FWIW, there are probably ten positions a player of his quality walks into in this England side.

Unfortunately, for him, loose forward probably isn't one of them.

He's a must for the seventeen, though, and his ability to cover hooker gives us flexibility - especially if a big-minute player like Roby or Leeming plays.

• Like 10

People called Romans they go the house

6 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Weird that this guy (and all his various aliases) always pretends to be Australian? I enjoy(ed) Neighbours (RIP) and Home & Away as much as the next man, but it's never had me considering setting up online profiles pretending to be one. 

I can prove I’m Australian, I’ve never watched neighbours or home & away in my life 

God, you must be sad if you did 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Sorry mate, 

Roll on the WC - would prefer to win it with players who are English or have an affinity with England or SL - yes, I would be quite happy to have Hastings in the team as he loved SL and is a top player- just have a problem with players who know nothing about the UK / England or even SL.

I wonder if VR even knows who the England captain is?

So you bang on about respecting players ability then cast dispersions on a player’s intelligence,dear me that is true desperation.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, 7723 said:

Great news for England and if it was up to me he would be starting 13.

you’re happy having non English players in your team? 
it’s just a continuation of the ridiculous players that have put their hand up previously like McQueen, Heighington, Hastings, etc 

like someone said, you’re supposedly tier 1 & you still have to scrounge away for players with the unfortunate trait of recent English heritage 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Wascally_Wabbit said:

it’s just a continuation of the ridiculous players that have put their hand up previously like McQueen, Heighington, Hastings, etc 

like someone said, you’re supposedly tier 1 & you still have to scrounge away for players with the unfortunate trait of recent English heritage 

It's almost as if Australia hasn't had 20+ foreign born players represent them.

• Like 6

People called Romans they go the house

21 minutes ago, Wascally_Wabbit said:

If you're quoting me I didn't actually say that

40 minutes ago, MrPosh said:

It's almost as if Australia hasn't had 20+ foreign born players represent them.

Any foreign born player playing for Australia is more than likely a migrant, living in Australia, most have been here the majority of their lives, has Victor been to the UK? I suppose he may have went briefly with the roosters, but I’m not sure 

• Haha 2

I think it’s great that Victor has declared for England, and can’t wait to see him pull on the jersey. 

it’s certainly upset some in Australia, who have been forced to confront the possibility that Origin just isn’t as important for some as Internationals. 

though some are already trying to build a narrative that allows some SOO face saving.

At the very least, his presence creates competition for places, and having him in the squad may inspire others to push themselves that but harder.

Nothing but a positive IMO.

• Like 4

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

I think it’s great that Victor has declared for England, and can’t wait to see him pull on the jersey. 

it’s certainly upset some in Australia, who have been forced to confront the possibility that Origin just isn’t as important for some as Internationals. 

though some are already trying to build a narrative that allows some SOO face saving.

At the very least, his presence creates competition for places, and having him in the squad may inspire others to push themselves that but harder.

Nothing but a positive IMO.

No, origin is definitely more important than internationals, a few players that might have difficulty getting picked choosing countries close to a World Cup doesn’t change that

the only thing that may give it a shake is if teams like England didn’t continually lose to us for about 40 plus years 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Even though Knowles is a better player in his position?

In your opinion.

I don’t think he is. I don’t think he comes close to Victor Radley. Knowles is a good player, but Radley is better.

8 hours ago, Wascally_Wabbit said:

You seem ecstatic to have him in the mix, that’s what I intimated 

All I said was that I'm happy with players who have English parents opting for England but not grandparents or residency.