Directors statement

The Voodooguru

well it was a long winded statement just to say that everything (and everyone) seems to be under review between now and the end of the season.

Shows the directors aren't burying their heads in the sand which can only be a good thing I suppose.

We all know its the player recruitment which has badly let us down this season and the RFL fixture planning certainly won't have helped - I mean how hard is it to organise fixtures so that you're at home one week and away the next !!  

• Like 1

Sounds to me like we’ll continue to offload players, probably thorman as well, which means more hidings this season, which as a fan you can possibly accept if we know that the finances will be available to strengthen next term 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 minute ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

offloading squad players so we have a budget to play with for next season sounds good to me

Travellers for a start. If we're going back to basics. Local lads will be your bread and butter

I think the mention of the new stadium and buisness models stand out in the statement.  Hopefully sponsorship and naming rights etc will bring in finance and the draw of playing in the new stadium will appeal to the better locals and youngsters, and make Town a more attractive option for "better" travellers or overseas players.

Edited by town4me
  • Like 2

Sounds like some big decisions in the next few weeks, hopefully a long term strategy will be brought in,for too long rl clubs have chased a mythical promised land and threw away money on contracts instead of spending the sky money wisely on facilities and community growth. Relegation is not the end of the world, become competitive get the pricing right and the club can grow back better 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Sounds like some big decisions in the next few weeks, hopefully a long term strategy will be brought in,for too long rl clubs have chased a mythical promised land and threw away money on contracts instead of spending the sky money wisely on facilities and community growth. Relegation is not the end of the world, become competitive get the pricing right and the club can grow back better 

totally agree. supporters will follow a winning side at any level, so its a case of getting back to basics, formulating a plan, sticking with it and getting the marketing right.

The current directors have made some good decisions lately, the fan zone and improved signage being some of the things which have been visible and beneficial to the club.

Player recruitment wise, well I've no idea who was responsible, or whether it was simply a case of the finances weren't there to attract the right calibre of player; but we are where we are, so we will just have to put that down to a 'very big learning experience', and if nothing else we should (you would hope) be more prepared and know what to expect should we be challenging for promotion anytime soon.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Whitehaven Rugby League are delighted to announce the signing of Fijian Ratu Jowasa Tubailagi Drodrolagi commonly known as Joe Drodrolagi. 

Yeh we were gonna sign him until the guy  who reads the team out objected 

• Haha 5

Just talking to relative who was at the Haven Game yesterday and said Curtis Davies was really good great distribution and defence and looked very sharp around dummy half close to the line. 

Edited by Big Yin
  • Like 1

For me it will be interesting to see what develops from this. As far as I know and please put me right but are Chris & JD the only full time employees at town. I can't see them getting shot of Jammer and didn't Chris only recently sign a 5 year deal with the club? Maybe the axe will fall on our travelling players, who knows.

I don't know where it went wrong but I'm sure our new chairman was aiming towards the play offs at the start of the season. Something went badly wrong to be where we currently are. I don't know why the squad wasn't strengthened enough.

We all lauded Chris last season and rightly so, but I've been left scratching my head sometimes this season.  Just has not worked out at all. I expected we would probably get relegated but I thought they would put up a fight doing it, I didn't expect getting hammered every week.

On the plus side, the fan zone and the efforts to generate money have been superb and hopefully can be built on. The motown and October fest are excellent initiatives. Let's hope they can be built on.

Whatever is round the corner hopefully our directors have it in hand and we can do a Barrow and bounce back up with interest. Can someone please win the Euromillions on Tuesday, I'm gonna put an extra line on now! UTT 

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

We just need a vision and a plan it will take time but I’m sure we will get there. We are now thinking outside the box of generating money rather than relying on handouts. I’m sure we can rebuild and come back stronger

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Can someone please win the Euromillions on Tuesday,

Got my ticket this morning . 191 million do me . 1 million to buy Town and 190 million to buy Sammut back 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Carlisle1921 said:

Its been mentioned on this forum that when we get relegated all contracts become void. Is this the case and if so does it include the coach?

Very good point, imo Chris was decent last year but way out of his depth this year, I think he has been very naive with his recruitment for both seasons.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

Very good point, imo Chris was decent last year but way out of his depth this year, I think he has been very naive with his recruitment for both seasons.

Decent coach for mine, but as with so many in the past, let down by  inadequate investment

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Decent coach for mine, but as with so many in the past, let down by  inadequate investment

Absolutely 100%, not had the tools to do the job, hopefully we have learned valuable lessons this year and can bounce back.

• Like 2