Directors statement

The Voodooguru

2 hours ago, pgilmour said:

Maybe to many with big egos to let anyone know.

So what has happened to the cash that was available to bring players in with, thorman kept saying in his  interviews, we have the cash but no suitable players available to bring in, I think the financial problems have been there all along,

• Like 2

Well if the rumours of the Town and Haven boards holding meetings to discuss financial issues due to overspending  (both clubs on mediocre players) doesn’t change your views on discussions about a merger, then nothing will

so in that case get used to League One, as that folks is going to be our level moving forward as it has been for the last 20 odd years!

So come on Board(s), at least start the discussion to give this area the level of rugby it deserves please, and you ‘luddites’ can watch the challenge cup final from 52, 55 and 58 as well as the Lance Cup and 90s play offs on You Tube if you don’t want to embrace change and get behind a new team!

• Like 1

As much as I'm a town fan all the way, there board setting up a meeting with the fans in a few days notice is better then us releasing an announcement saying we are going to make an announcement in due course.

Then as an update release a player to our relegation rivals.

Then all the paycut and further player exit rumours surfice without any mention from the club.

Deadline day for signing players today, will we have 17 players to complete the season and if so are we going to bring anyone in too try and have a go.

Brad holyroyd the x factor last season goes to a league 1 club on loan what the heck did we miss that trick.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, havenhater said:

As much as I'm a town fan all the way, there board setting up a meeting with the fans in a few days notice is better then us releasing an announcement saying we are going to make an announcement in due course.

Then all the paycut and further player exit rumours surfice without any mention from the club.

Deadline day for signing players today, will we have 17 players to complete the season and if so are we going to bring anyone in too try and have a go.

Brad holyroyd the x factor last season goes to a league 1 club on loan what the heck did we miss that trick.

Some one obviously isn't doing their homework sadly. The haven Davis had a really good game against fev apparently so that could be a kick in the teeth for us in a couple of week.

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

49 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Travel for Holroyd 

50 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Really hope this is about saving money for a better budget next year rather than survival. Is there a parachute payment for relegated teams or would we just get the same as the other league 1 teams rumoured to be 25k this season ?

I can't imagine our players are on big contracts and I would say winning and loosing pay would be similar in league 1 so it could be it actually cost us more to be in the lower league with more winnable games. Very worrying times UTT.

8 hours ago, JMB said:

So what has happened to the cash that was available to bring players in with, thorman kept saying in his  interviews, we have the cash but no suitable players available to bring in, I think the financial problems have been there all along,

Only surmising here, but I reckon cash was available for short term signings when there was a chance of winning a few games and being in the Championship next season.

As relegation is now looming, that coupled with the lack of home games between now and the end of the season, it makes absolute sense for the club to start cutting their cloth accordingly for the return to League One in 2023 and off-load players who they know will not be here next season to immediately reduce expenditure.

Probably also worth mentioning that most of the current board only arrived midway through the season themselves, so it's unfair to blame them for the current position, other than they could have been a bit more transparent with engaging with fans.

As for the pay cuts, we are in a results based business, and the league table doesn't lie, so only right players are rewarded for winning games

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Well if the rumours of the Town and Haven boards holding meetings to discuss financial issues due to overspending  (both clubs on mediocre players) doesn’t change your views on discussions about a merger, then nothing will

so in that case get used to League One, as that folks is going to be our level moving forward as it has been for the last 20 odd years!

So come on Board(s), at least start the discussion to give this area the level of rugby it deserves please, and you ‘luddites’ can watch the challenge cup final from 52, 55 and 58 as well as the Lance Cup and 90s play offs on You Tube if you don’t want to embrace change and get behind a new team!

Where does it say the Haven meeting is about financial issues please?

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

Some one obviously isn't doing their homework sadly. The haven Davis had a really good game against fev apparently so that could be a kick in the teeth for us in a couple of week.

And his brother has been released

20 hours ago, JMB said:

Surely they have took this in to consideration in the plan, as this should be part of the bigger picture in improving and increasing both sports foot prints in the area.

Wonder if another statement will be released tomorow,  especially now as  it's common knowledge about players been asked to take a pay cut. 

10 hours ago, Evs62 said:

Good luck to the two lads they never really done anything for Workington with have better guys playing for us now and maybe we should be going about building a team for next season 

It will have been hard for them comming in at this stage of the season, and comming in to a unsettled playing  environment can't have been easy for them. 

1 hour ago, JMB said:

Wonder if another statement will be released tomorow,  especially now as  it's common knowledge about players been asked to take a pay cut. 

Hope Chris is taking a pay cut too if true.

26 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Given the hours he seems to put in, be lucky if it equals minimum wage at end of day

Who ever agreed to give him a  contract for that leinghth of time should be ashamed of them selves, how many clubs give out contracts like that, especially full time contracts, 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Given the hours he seems to put in, be lucky if it equals minimum wage at end of day

The players aren't delivering on the pitch so therefore he is not delivering as a coach, I could go to work and be there for 12 hours a day but ultimately if I wasn't doing a good job then I wouldn't last very long. So if the players are taking a rumoured 33% pay cut then so should the coach regardless of hours spent at the ground.

Relatively large crowds beginning of season, home games galore, no winning bonus’s, no ‘marquis’ players,  Sponsorship, additional supporter donations, standing orders, etc  Coffers should be full? Apparently had money now we have none. I wouldn’t think Chris is losing the dressing room its just being discarded. Yes a few questions to be asked. 

well having read some of the last few comments it's clear that a lot of our supporters have no idea how a business works or the costs associated with running a professional RL club. So if the club were to hold a meeting, then I think it would be beneficial to publish a brief summary of the running costs since the season started.

It doesn't have to be a full set of accounts, but just an overview to show supporters where the money goes.

I mean just for playing staff alone there are the wages, plus employers national insurance and pensions contributions

20% VAT to pay on any income through gate receipts and sponsorship

Coach travel plus food stop overs for the away games

Expenses for travelling players

Ground maintenance, insurance, gas, electric, business rates etc.

I honestly think supporters need to see a breakdown just so they have a better general understanding of how the mechanics of the club work. 

I'm not suggesting an employee by employee breakdown, just a general breakdown ie: Wages - 150k, NI 3k, Pension 3k etc. Keep it simple so people can understand it 

• Like 2