Directors statement

The Voodooguru

Whitehaven had a fabs forum and announced some new players and there financially sound to the end of the season.

We issue 2 statements announcing we are fragile and players have left, not good.

Expect a win tomorrow though just to mix it up.

Utt

1 minute ago, havenhater said:

Whitehaven had a fabs forum and announced some new players and there financially sound to the end of the season.

We issue 2 statements announcing we are fragile and players have left, not good.

Utt

Given that we are where we are. I hope all our true supporters, some of whom have recently posted they will not be back until ********* will take stock and realise they are the club, or there will be no club without them.

We have a couple of home games to come this season and we must where possible turn up enmass to swell the coffers.

I have just made my annual 400 mile pilgrimage, but will keep paying my 1945 club subs and have just bought the commemorative polo as my way of helping.

I sincerely hope that there is a club fighting for promotion for me to visit next year and in the future, beit at DP or some new venue that maybe realised. UTT.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Utt

Supposed to be another player signed no name confirmed yet must be waiting for paperwork to be sorted  possible town player who knows

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

Yeh I was thinking about this . We’ve been well and truly shafted with the fixtures and we seen it right away . So many home fixtures in winter was terrible and just mystifying . We get to summer and they’re sparing and now at absolute peak time we’ve 5 away games … and at a time when we need the revenue . That must be a part in this now . We’ve not helped ourselves but that didn’t help us either 

Dewsbury have faced the same situation, which is very frustrating. I believe that a significant impact upon the fixture structure was the fact that Sheffield weren't able to play any home games until well into the season. This has skewed the fixtures of many other clubs.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, havenhater said:

Utt

Any significance to them strating they are OK until the end of the season, seems very specific.

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I'd heard rumors but didn't know if it was for this season or next...

To me the board have forced the players in to a corner, you either take a 33% pay cut or find another club, and by the way you only have till Friday to decide as that's the Rfl cut off date 22nd july for transfers, this situation hasn't just  happened over night, more to this than what they are saying. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JMB said:

To me the board have forced the players in to a corner, you either take a 33% pay cut or find another club, and by the way you only have till Friday to decide as that's the Rfl cut off date 22nd july for transfers, this situation hasn't just  happened over night, more to this than what they are saying. 

History repeating itself, we did exactly the same last time we were in this league in 2016 and lost quite a few players.

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Any significance to them strating they are OK until the end of the season, seems very specific.

My mate has been lording it upto me how Haven are spending bigger next year to reach the play offs next season and that this year they received 40k less In central funding than us due to social media or something according to there meeting last night. How when then finished in the playoffs last year??

And to top it off just seen Dewsbury drew with Newcastle, at least there fighting to stay up.

Edited by tbgfc

I'm guessing the money we have said is 'available' this season has now been put aside for next? 

Out of interest how much are the attendances down compared to last? Seem pretty similar to me. 

Hoping the board can get together a more sustainable plan for the club going forward. Only so many raffles, commemorative shirts, 1945 club memberships, virtual pints, half time draws etc the fans can support. Especially at a time every household are feeling the pinch of the cost of living.

All the experts who know what's wrong with the club, the coaching setup, the quality of players, where were you? (apart from anonymously knocking the club on here?) You all think we're doomed? Well you have been predicting the end of Town/merger with Whitehaven for 25 years! Town fans? You know nothing, just make up rubbish because you want it to be like that! Town will go on! UTT Ron Foster!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

All the experts who know what's wrong with the club, the coaching setup, the quality of players, where were you? (apart from anonymously knocking the club on here?) You all think we're doomed? Well you have been predicting the end of Town/merger with Whitehaven for 25 years! Town fans? You know nothing, just make up rubbish because you want it to be like that! Town will go on! UTT Ron Foster!

Steady on a bit Ron....I post under an id that may be anonymous to many, some may know me too?

But ever since joining the band of supporters of my favourite club , way back in 1961, I have felt lots of emotions good and yes sadly bad.

My first season was a good one and Town were looking likely to reach Wembley, yet again, but SADLY Hull KR intervened and that hurt. Three years hence I was again hurt while stood amongst 17000 plus as Wigan this time did the dirty.

But hey we won the Western Div title in 1963, a major trophy...luverly jubbly Town I love you.

Then came some indifferent seasons - I was annoyed at the clubs spiral into mediocrity - but there wasn't the vehicle to have your say in those days, other than local press. Although I did actually write to the club to offer some form of help.

When thankfully along came the Lancashire Cup years great stuff I was proud as punch to be a Townie..

More indifferent years followed, I was usually sat in the Town end of the Stand surrounded by empty wooden seats, then what happened? Ray Ashton that's what, then Peter Walsh bloody great time luvved it.

So that's examples of good and bad Town days, and now via modern media I have a way of sharing my feelings stop press as it were.

So does this brief summation of my own Town years make any sense at all?

Hopefully it does - and If anyone who doesn't know who 'chromedome' is its Keith Singleton a loyal Town fan and more for 60+ years......not a keyboard warrior, nay nay more of a worrier.......UP THE TOWN

Edited by chromedome
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Glad you are happy with the situation pal, personnaly been following town,  home and away since mid sixties, season ticket holder etc etc. Yes I still turn up every week and like many others think I am entitled to an opinion.

Edited by Onreport
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

Steady on a bit Ron....I post under an id that may be anonymous to many, some may know me too?

But ever since joining the band of supporters of my favourite club , way back in 1961, I have felt lots of emotions good and yes sadly bad.

My first season was a good one and Town were looking likely to reach Wembley, yet again, but SADLY Hull KR intervened and that hurt. Three years hence I was again hurt while stood amongst 17000 plus as Wigan this time did the dirty.

But hey we won the Western Div title in 1963, a major trophy...luverly jubbly Town I love you.

Then came some indifferent seasons - I was annoyed at the clubs spiral into mediocrity - but there wasn't the vehicle to have your say in those days, other than local press. Although I did actually write to the club to offer some form of help.

When thankfully along came the Lancashire Cup years great stuff I was proud as punch to be a Townie..

More indifferent years followed, I was usually sat in the Town end of the Stand surrounded by empty wooden seats, then what happened? Ray Ashton that's what, then Peter Walsh bloody great time luvved it.

So that's examples of good and bad Town days, and now via modern media I have a way of sharing my feelings stop press as it were.

So does this brief summation of my own Town years make any sense at all?

Hopefully it does - and If anyone who doesn't know who 'chromedome' is its Keith Singleton a loyal Town fan and more for 60+ years......not a keyboard warrior, nay nay more of a worrier.......UP THE TOWN

I remember and agree with all of that but only from late 60s.

Definitely remember sitting in the Stand surrounded by empty wooden seats especially around that era when it was either us or Doncaster who finished at the bottom with Huyton every year

Edited by Derwent Parker
spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tbgfc said:

My mate has been lording it upto me how Haven are spending bigger next year to reach the play offs next season and that this year they received 40k less In central funding than us due to social media or something according to there meeting last night. How when then finished in the playoffs last year??

And to top it off just seen Dewsbury drew with Newcastle, at least there fighting to stay up.

That's true the funding was based on last year's average crowds ( yours where higher than ours ) and social media followers which you have a lot more on twitter Facebook and whatever other sites there is . Nowt to do with where you finished year before . Town and barrow got a bigger chunk than we did. 

27 minutes ago, donald said:

That's true the funding was based on last year's average crowds ( yours where higher than ours ) and social media followers which you have a lot more on twitter Facebook and whatever other sites there is . Nowt to do with where you finished year before . Town and barrow got a bigger chunk than we did. 

Really I find that hard to believe given you lot finished in the playoffs so surely there was a bonus for that, it used to be like that anyhow, if that is true how are we bottom of the league and skint?? Questions need to be answered by the board, how can we not have a meeting same as Haven have done?? Smacks of mushrooms this, kept in the dark and fed S*#t. 

Come on board stop with the half arsed statements and meet with the die hards that keep us going!!!!

1 minute ago, tbgfc said:

Really I find that hard to believe given you lot finished in the playoffs so surely there was a bonus for that, it used to be like that anyhow, if that is true how are we bottom of the league and skint?? Questions need to be answered by the board, how can we not have a meeting same as Haven have done?? Smacks of mushrooms this, kept in the dark and fed S*#t. 

Come on board stop with the half arsed statements and meet with the die hards that keep us going!!!!

To my knowledge it was only a small payment for reaching playoffs nowt like it used to be a few years ago

5 minutes ago, donald said:

To my knowledge it was only a small payment for reaching playoffs nowt like it used to be a few years ago

Can anyone from the club confirm ?? As I kind of feel bad for calling my mate a gobsh!£te 🤣🤣

Edited by tbgfc

4 minutes ago, town4me said:

Sometimes you have to go backwards before you can go forward. It now all about regrouping and rebuilding and a move to the new stadium. 

Again

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

6 minutes ago, town4me said:

Sometimes you have to go backwards before you can go forward. It now all about regrouping and rebuilding and a move to the new stadium. 

It's about spending wisely and securing our future, the spending wisely bit has been missed and the securing our future is asking the players and staff to take pay cuts and possibly losing one of our best future prospects ive seen to our annoying neighbours. Embarrassing to say the least!!!!!

14 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Again

Yes.  All 3 cumbrian clubs do it regularly. No money and no conveyer belt of players means regular turnaround in fortunes. Barrow and haven will be backbin L1 in the next 3 years or so. Its always happened and always will unless one of the 3 finds a sugar daddy who will throw money into a bottomless pit. The advantage we have is the new stadium and the buisness opportunities it "MAY" bring.